英語聽力(20200322T08):在深海中標記金槍魚


聽力原文如下

<code>1.I've been fascinated for a lifetime by the beauty, form and function of giant bluefin tuna.
我一生都為 巨型藍鰭金槍魚的美麗、 外形和機能所著迷。
2.Bluefin are warmblooded like us.
藍鰭金槍魚像我們一樣是恆溫動物。
3.They're the largest of the tunas, the second-largest fish in the sea -- bony fish.
他們是體型最大的金槍魚, 海洋中的第二大的硬骨魚。
4.They actually are a fish that is endothermic -- powers through the ocean with warm muscles like a mammal.
他們實際上是一種 溫血動物-- 以充滿溫血的肌肉(如同哺乳動物一樣)橫掃海洋
5.That's one of our bluefin at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
那是在蒙特雷灣水族館中的一種藍鰭金槍魚。
6.You can see in its shape and its streamlined design it's powered for ocean swimming.
你看它的形狀和它流線型的設計 使得它在海洋中游刃有餘。
7.It flies through the ocean on its pectoral fins, gets lift, powers its movements with a lunate tail.
靠著它的胸鰭,它在海洋中飛翔,上下沉浮, 新月狀的魚尾更增進了它 的行動能力。
8.It's actually got a naked skin for most of its body, so it reduces friction with the water.
實際上它的大部分身體都是裸露著的皮膚, 這樣減小了與水的摩擦阻力。
9.This is what one of nature's finest machines.
這是自然界最棒的機器之一。
10.Now, bluefin were revered by Man for all of human history.
藍鰭金槍魚 在整個人類歷史中 都受到人們的尊敬。
11.For 4,000 years, we fished sustainably for this animal, and it's evidenced in the art that we see from thousands of years ago.
4000年來,我們以可持續性的方式對它們進行捕撈, 幾千年前的藝術品 可以充分的 證明這一點。

12.Bluefin are in cave paintings in France.
在法國,藍鰭金槍魚出現在洞穴壁畫中。
13.They're on coins that date back 3,000 years.
它們早在 3000年前就出現在硬幣上。
14.This fish was revered by humankind.
這類魚類是受人類尊重的。
15.It was fished sustainably till all of time, except for our generation.
一直以來 人類都可持續地捕撈它們, 除了我們這一代。
16.Bluefin are pursued wherever they go -- there is a gold rush on Earth, and this is a gold rush for bluefin.
藍鰭金槍魚無論到那裡都被捕撈。 地球曾經出現過淘金熱, 而這次是追求藍鰭金槍魚的熱潮。
17.There are traps that fish sustainably up until recently.
捕撈原本一直是可持續的 而今非昔比。
18.And yet, the type of fishing going on today, with pens, with enormous stakes, is really wiping bluefin ecologically off the planet.
而且, 現在的捕撈方式 有大量資金和輿論支持, 這等於是正在將藍鰭金槍魚 從地球的生態版圖上抹去。
19.Now bluefin, in general, goes to one place: Japan.
總的來說現在的藍鰭金槍魚 都到了 日本。
20.Some of you may be guilty of having contributed to the demise of bluefin.
在座的各位中可能 就有間接導致它們走向滅絕的劊子手。
21.They're delectable muscle, rich in fat -- absolutely taste delicious.
它們美味的肉 富含脂肪的肉 一定讓人回味無窮吧
22.And that's their problem; we're eating them to death.
但這就是問題了, 我們正將它們吃到滅亡!
23.Now in the Atlantic, the story is pretty simple.
現在在大西洋, 故事很簡單。

24.Bluefin have two populations: one large, one small.
藍鰭金槍魚群有兩大分佈, 一大一小
25.The North American population is fished at about 2,000 ton.
西邊 也就是北美那邊 大概每年捕撈2,000噸
26.The European population and North African -- the Eastern bluefin tuna -- is fished at tremendous levels: 50,000 tons over the last decade almost every year.
南邊也就是歐洲,北非那邊的藍鰭金槍魚 正以驚人的速度被捕撈 在過去10年裡幾乎每年50,000噸。
27.The result is whether you're looking at the West or the Eastern bluefin population, there's been tremendous decline on both sides, as much as 90 percent
結果就是無論你對 西邊 或東邊 藍鰭金槍魚的數量 都有如果以1950年 的數量為基準來衡量的話,
28.if you go back with your baseline to 1950.
金槍魚的數量都已經出現了90%左右的 急劇的下滑。
29.For that, bluefin have been given a status equivalent to tigers, to lions, to certain African elephants and to pandas.
因此,藍鰭金槍魚被給予了 與老虎,獅子 某些非洲象 和 熊貓相同的地位
30.These fish have been proposed for an endangered species listing in the past two months.
兩個月前這些魚被提議 列入瀕危物種的清單。
31.They were voted on and rejected just two weeks ago, despite outstanding science that shows from two committees this fish meets the criteria of CITES I.
但在兩個星期前的投票中 這一提議被否決。 即使兩個委員會的 傑出研究顯示 這個魚種符合瀕危野生動植物種國際貿易公約附錄1(CITES I) 的標準。
32.And if it's tunas you don't care about, perhaps you might be interested that international long lines and pursing chase down tunas and bycatch animals
就算如果你對金槍魚感到無所謂, 那你可能會對 國際性捕撈企業 追捕金槍魚和附帶捕撈的動物
33.such as leatherbacks, sharks, marlin, albatross.
如稜皮龜,鯊魚, 槍魚, 信天翁感興趣。

34.These animals and their demise occurs in the tuna fisheries.
這些動物它們的終結 同樣發生在金槍魚的捕撈地區。
35.The challenge we face is that we know very little about tuna, and everyone in the room knows what it looks like when an African lion
我們面對的挑戰是 我們對金槍魚幾乎一無所知, 所有這間房裡的人們都能認出非洲獅 撲到獵物
36.takes down its prey.
的場景。
37.I doubt anyone has seen a giant bluefin feed.
但我懷疑不是所有人都見過藍鰭金槍魚捕食。
38.This tuna symbolizes what's the problem for all of us in the room.
這種金槍魚代表著 一個普遍問題
39.It's the 21st century, but we really have only just begun to really study our oceans in a deep way.
現在是21世紀, 但我們對海洋的深入瞭解 才剛剛開始。
40.Technology has come of age that's allowing us to see the Earth from space and go deep into the seas remotely.
科技使我們來到這樣一個時代: 我們能在太空中遠觀地球, 也能在深入觀察遠海。
41.And we've got to use these technologies immediately to get a better understanding of how our ocean realm works.
我們必須將這些技術運用起來 使我們對海洋王國 有一個更加深刻的瞭解
42.Most of us from the ship -- even I -- look out at the ocean and see this homogeneous sea.
我們中的大多數,包括我, 面對海洋,看到的是廣闊的單一的海水。
43.We don't know where the structure is.
我們不知道大海的結構,
44.We can't tell where are the watering holes like we can on an African plain.
不能像在非洲平原上 找到哪裡有水潭。
45.We can't see the corridors, and we can't see what it is that brings together a tuna, a leatherback and an albatross.
我們不知道海洋的經緯, 我們不知道是什麼 將金槍魚 和信天翁聯繫在了一起

46.We're only just beginning to understand how the physical oceanography and the biological oceanography come together to create a seasonal force
我們才剛剛開始瞭解 物理上的海洋學 是如何與生物上的海洋學 相結合 從而創造出一個可能形成
47.that actually causes the upwelling that might make a hot spot a hope spot.
一個聚集點 的上湧的季節性力量。
48.The reasons these challenges are great is that technically it's difficult to go to sea.
挑戰之所以巨大,是因為 技術上說,海上作業是困難的。
49.It's hard to study a bluefin on its turf, the entire Pacific realm.
我們很難在藍鰭金槍魚的地盤--整個太平洋 研究它。
50.It's really tough to get up close and personal with a mako shark and try to put a tag on it.
人真的很難接近灰鯖鯊 給它上面貼標籤更是困難。
51.And then imagine being Bruce Mate's team from OSU, getting up close to a blue whale and fixing a tag on the blue whale that stays, an engineering challenge
想象下 俄亥俄州立大學的布魯斯麥特的團隊吧, 接近一個藍鯨 並在它上面固定標籤 可以說 是一個工程難題
52.we've yet to really overcome.
我們至今還沒真正克服這項難題。
53.So the story of our team, a dedicated team, is fish and chips.
而我們這個敬業的隊伍的主要方向是 魚與芯片。(雙關語:又指西方流行食品炸魚薯條)
54.We basically are taking the same satellite phone parts, or the same parts that are in your computer, chips.
我們基本上是用 衛星電話的組件, 或者是你電腦中的組件。
55.We're putting them together in unusual ways, and this is taking us into the ocean realm like never before.
我們將其以特殊的方式合併, 這將以前所未有的方式 將我們帶如海洋世界。
56.And for the first time, we're able to watch the journey of a tuna beneath the ocean using light and photons to measure sunrise and sunset.
我們第一次 能夠觀察金槍魚在水下的行動 並利用光 來測量日落和日出。

57.Now, I've been working with tunas for over 15 years.
我已經與金槍魚一起工作15年了。
58.I have the privilege of being a partner with the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
我有幸成為蒙特雷灣水族館 的合作成員。
59.We've actually taken a sliver of the ocean, put it behind glass, and we together have put bluefin tuna and yellowfin tuna on display.
我們將海中非常小的一部分 放在了玻璃後, 我們也 把藍鰭金槍魚與黃鰭金槍魚進行展出。
60.When the veil of bubbles lifts every morning, we can actually see a community from the Pelagic ocean, one of the only places on Earth
當每天早晨保護罩升起時 我們可以看到水與遠洋的交換, 世上沒有幾個地方能讓
61.you can see giant bluefin swim by.
你看到巨大的藍鰭從你眼前遊過。
62.We can see in their beauty of form and function, their ceaseless activity.
我們可以從它們形態和作用的美中看到, 它們無盡的活力。
63.They're flying through their space, ocean space.
它們在海中自由穿梭
64.And we can bring two million people a year into contact with this fish and show them its beauty.
我們每年可以使兩百萬人 親眼看到這些魚 並向他們展示它們的美
65.Behind the scenes is a working lab at Stanford University partnered with the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
在這美景的後面是與蒙特雷灣水族館合作的 斯坦福大學的實驗室。
66.Here, for over 14 or 15 years, we've actually brought in both bluefin and yellowfin in captivity.
就在這裡,十四五年以來 我們將 藍鰭和黃鰭金槍魚放在這裡。
67.We'd been studying these fish, but first we had to learn how to husbandry them.
我們研究這些魚 但是首先我們要學會飼養它們。
68.What do they like to eat?
它們想吃什麼?

69.What is it that they're happy with?
它們喜歡什麼?
70.We go in the tanks with the tuna -- we touch their naked skin -- it's pretty amazing. It feels wonderful.
我們進入有金槍魚的水箱。我們撫摸它們裸露的皮膚。 這感覺非常好!
71.And then, better yet, we've got our own version of tuna whisperers, our own Chuck Farwell, Alex Norton, who can take a big tuna and in one motion,
然後,更好的是, 我們找到了自己的魚語者, 我們的ChuckFarwell與 Alex Norton 他們能夠將一個大金槍魚 以一個方向
72.put it into an envelope of water, so that we can actually work with the tuna and learn the techniques it takes to not injure this fish
放入幾乎正好大小的水中, 因此我們能真正的研究金槍魚們 並且學會 不傷害那些不知海洋邊界的
73.who never sees a boundary in the open sea.
魚兒們的技術。
74.Jeff and Jason there, are scientists who are going to take a tuna and put it in the equivalent of a treadmill, a flume.
Jeff 和 Jason兩位科學家 正將一個金槍魚 放入一個相當於跑步機的人工管道里
75.And that tuna thinks it's going to Japan, but it's staying in place.
那個金槍魚可能認為它將遊往日本, 但實際上它留在了原地。
76.We're actually measuring its oxygen consumption, its energy consumption.
我們測量它對氧氣的消耗 和對能量的消耗
77.We're taking this data and building better models.
我們將記錄這些數據,做出更好的模型。
78.And when I see that tuna -- this is my favorite view -- I begin to wonder: how did this fish solve the longitude problem before we did?
當我看到金槍魚時(這也是我最喜歡的景象) 我突然想知道 這些魚是怎麼在我們之前解決經度問題的?
79.So take a look at that animal.
所以仔細看了下它
80.That's the closest you'll probably ever get.

這大概是能辦到的最近的觀察了。
81.Now, the activities from the lab have taught us now how to go out in the open ocean.
現在,實驗室裡的工作 已經教會了我們如何走出去, 到大海中去繼續研究。
82.So in a program called Tag-A-Giant we've actually gone from Ireland to Canada, from Corsica to Spain.
所以在一個名為 “標個大傢伙” 我們真的從愛爾蘭跑駛了加拿大, 從科西嘉島到了西班牙。
83.We've fished with many nations around the world in an effort to basically put electronic computers inside giant tunas.
我們與世界上許多國家合作 致力於將 電子計算機 放到大金槍魚內。
84.We've actually tagged 1,100 tunas.
我們已經標記了1,100頭金槍魚。
85.And I'm going to show you three clips, because I tagged 1,100 tunas.
而我現向你們展示三個短片, 因為我標記了1,100只金槍魚。
86.It's a very hard process, but it's a ballet.
這個過程像芭蕾舞一樣, 難 但是很美。
87.We bring the tuna out, we measure it.
我們取出金槍魚, 測量它
88.A team of fishers, captains, scientists and technicians work together to keep this animal out of the ocean for about four to five minutes.
一個由漁夫,船長,科學家和技術人員組成的團隊 為了能讓它出海4到5分鐘 工作在了一起。
89.We put water over its gills, give it oxygen.
我們讓水流過它的腮,給它氧氣。
90.And then with a lot of effort, after tagging, putting in the computer, making sure the stalk is sticking out so it senses the environment,
然後給它做標記 再努力吧電腦放進去。 並保證有一部分能留在外邊, 使得電腦能感受外面的壞境。
91.we send this fish back into the sea.
我們將魚放回大海

92.And when it goes, we're always happy.
當它離開時, 我們總是很開心。
93.We see a flick of the tail.
我們能看到它的尾巴搖擺
94.And from our data that gets collected, when that tag comes back, because a fisher returns it for a thousand-dollar reward, we can get tracks beneath the sea
從我們收集到的數據來看 當標籤回來時 因為 漁夫將其交還給我們 能拿到1000美金的獎勵, 我們就能瞭解一個脊椎動物
95.for up to five years now, on a backboned animal.
在水下 最多5年的路線了。
96.Now sometimes the tunas are really large, such as this fish off Nantucket.
有時候,金槍魚真的很大 就像楠塔基特 附近的的這條
97.But that's about half the size of the biggest tuna we've ever tagged.
但是這只是 被我們標記過的最大的一半大小。
98.It takes a human effort, a team effort, to bring the fish in.
需要一個人的力氣 一個團隊的努力才能把它拉起來
99.In this case, what we're going to do is put a pop-up satellite archival tag on the tuna.
畫面中,我們需要做的就是 將一個能自動彈起的衛星標籤放在一個金槍魚上
100.This tag rides on the tuna, senses the environment around the tuna and actually will come off the fish, detach, float to the surface
標籤會固定在它上面 感知周圍的環境 然後會離開這條魚 單獨漂浮在水面
101.and send back to Earth-orbiting satellites position data estimated by math on the tag, pressure data and temperature data.
並將計算出的位置 的信息傳回繞地衛星 壓力數據,溫度數據
102.And so what we get then from the pop-up satellite tag is we get away from having to have a human interaction to recapture the tag.
所以從標籤那得到信息 都能在沒有人參與的 情況下完成。
103.Both the electronic tags I'm talking about are expensive.
剛剛提到的提到的兩個電子標籤都比較昂貴。

104.These tags have been engineered by a variety of teams in North America.
這些標籤都是由許多 北美團隊製造的。
105.They are some of our finest instruments, our new technology in the ocean today.
裡面有我們最精密的儀器 和我們在海洋中的新科技。
106.One community in general has given more to help us than any other community.
總的來說一個組織 給以了我們比其他組織都多的幫助。
107.And that's the fisheries off the state of North Carolina.
那就是 北卡羅蘭納漁業組織。
108.There are two villages, Harris and Morehead City, every winter for over a decade, held a party called Tag-A-Giant, and together, fishers worked with us
有兩個村莊,Harris 和 Morehead。 10年裡的每年冬天 都會舉行一個名為 “標記個大傢伙”的活動 漁夫們那天會與我們合作
109.to tag 800 to 900 fish.
標記800到900 頭魚
110.In this case, we're actually going to measure the fish.
這裡 我們正要去測量這個魚
111.We're going to do something that in recent years we've started: take a mucus sample.
我們要做一些我們已經開始的事情 取一個粘液樣本
112.Watch how shiny the skin is; you can see my reflection there.
看多麼閃亮的皮膚, 你可你看到我的倒影。
113.And from that mucus, we can get gene profiles, we can get information on gender, checking the pop-up tag one more time, and then it's out in the ocean.
從那個粘液,我們能得到它的基因。 我們能通過基因得到一些信息。 再檢查一次自動跳起標籤 然後就讓它回到大海了。
114.And this is my favorite.
這是我的最愛
115.With the help of my former postdoc, Gareth Lawson, this is a gorgeous picture of a single tuna.
在我前任博士後導師Gareth Lawson的幫助下 這是一條金槍魚的美麗照片

116.This tuna is actually moving on a numerical ocean.
這條在數字海洋中游動的金槍魚
117.The warm is the Gulf Stream, the cold up there in the Gulf of Maine.
較溫暖的時 墨西哥灣流, 較冷的是在美國緬因州海灣。
118.That's where the tuna wants to go -- it wants to forage on schools of herring -- but it can't get there. It's too cold.
這是金槍魚的活動線路,它以成群的鯡魚為食。 但它不能到這裡, 太冷了。
119.But then it warms up, and the tuna pops in, gets some fish, maybe comes back to home base, goes in again and then comes back to winter down there in North Carolina
但是當那溫暖起來, 金槍魚就竄進去,吃些魚。 也許會回到老家。 又進去了 那邊又冷了,又回到北卡羅來納州
120.and then on to the Bahamas.
再後到了巴哈馬
121.And my favorite scene, three tunas going into the Gulf of Mexico.
然後就是我最喜歡的場景, 三條金槍魚回到了墨西哥灣。
122.Three tunas tagged.
三條標記過的金槍魚。
123.Astronomically, we're calculating positions.
太空中, 我們計算它們位置。
124.They're coming together. That could be tuna sex -- and there it is.
它們一起過來, 可能是為了繁殖下一代。 而這個
125.That is where the tuna spawn.
就是金槍魚產卵的地方。
126.So from data like this, we're able now to put the map up, and in this map you see thousands of positions generated by this decade and a half of tagging.
因此, 通過這些數據 我們能建立起地圖 在地圖中 你可以看到成千上萬的位置 由這十五年的標籤標記得來的數據產生。
127.And now we're showing that tunas on the western side go to the eastern side.
現在, 讓我們來看西邊的它們 前往東邊

128.So two populations of tunas -- that is, we have a Gulf population, one that we can tag -- they go to the Gulf of Mexico, I showed you that --
所以 兩個群落。 一個是我們標記的海灣群落, 它們前往墨西哥灣, 我們可以看到
129.and a second population.
而第二個群落。
130.Living amongst our tunas -- our North American tunas -- are European tunas that go back to the Med.
歐洲的金槍魚 則游回地中海
131.On the hot spots -- the hope spots -- they're mixed populations.
在熱點 兩個群落重合。
132.And so what we've done with the science is we're showing the International Commission, building new models, showing them that a two-stock no-mixing model --
而我們要做的就是 向國際委員會展示 新模型, 告訴他們 原來的 兩群不相關模型
133.to this day, used to reject the CITES treaty -- that model isn't the right model.
是錯誤的 , 不應該被用為 反對CITES中條例通過的依據。
134.This model, a model of overlap, is the way to move forward.
這是一個交叉的模型 這個才是符合事實的模型。
135.So we can then predict where management places should be.
因此我們可以預測 哪裡應該安排管理。
136.Places like the Gulf of Mexico and the Mediterranean are places where the single species, the single population, can be captured.
像墨西哥灣和地中海那樣的地方 是單一物種的地方 只有一種金槍魚會被捕到
137.These become forthright in places we need to protect.
這是明顯應該被保護的地方
138.The center of the Atlantic where the mixing is, I could imagine a policy that lets Canada and America fish, because they manage their fisheries well,
在大西洋的中心,種群混合的地方 可以出臺允許加拿大和美國捕魚的政策, 因為他們能合理開展漁業。
139.they're doing a good job.
它們乾的很好
140.But in the international realm, where fishing and overfishing has really gone wild, these are the places that we have to make hope spots in.

但是在過渡捕魚盛行的 國際海領域 我們還需努力
141.That's the size they have to be to protect the bluefin tuna.
這樣 才有可能能保護藍鰭金槍魚
142.Now in a second project called Tagging of Pacific Pelagics, we took on the planet as a team, those of us in the Census of Marine Life.
現在讓我們來看第二個計劃 名為“標記太平洋” 作為“海洋普查項目”的成員 我們組成了一個團隊
143.And, funded primarily through Sloan Foundation and others, we were able to actually go in, in our project -- we're one of 17 field programs
並在如斯隆基金會等等的幫助下 我們才得以進行我們的項目 我們是17個這個領域中一個項目
144.and begin to take on tagging large numbers of predators, not just tunas.
現準備開始標記大量的食肉魚。 不再單單是金槍魚。
145.So what we've done is actually gone up to tag salmon shark in Alaska, met salmon shark on their home territory, followed them catching salmon
我們已經 在阿拉斯加州標記了一頭鮭鯊 在它的出生地標記了它, 並跟隨它們捕食鮭魚
146.and then went in and figured out that, if we take a salmon and put it on a line, we can actually take up a salmon shark -- This is the cousin of the white shark --
當我們 將一條鮭魚放在鯊魚的前面 我們能夠將鯊魚網住 這個鯊魚是白鯊的表親。
147.and very carefully -- note, I say "very carefully," -- we can actually keep it calm, put a hose in its mouth, keep it off the deck and then tag it with a satellite tag.
我們很小心的 注意我說的是 “很小心” 我們能使它保持鎮定。 在它嘴裡放個管子,並保持它不接觸甲板 並用衛星標籤標記它
148.That satellite tag will now have your shark phone home and send in a message.
現在,衛星就能對它定位了 並能把信息傳到衛星。
149.And that shark leaping there, if you look carefully, has an antenna.
這條鯊魚在水中跳躍, 如果你看的仔細些,能看到它的觸角。

150.It's a free swimming shark with a satellite tag jumping after salmon, sending home its data.
這是一個有著標籤的自由遊動的鯊魚 正追著鮭魚。 而天線正將數據傳來。
151.Salmon sharks aren't the only sharks we tag.
我們不是隻標記這一種鯊魚。
152.But there goes salmon sharks with this meter-level resolution on an ocean of temperature -- warm colors are warmer.
但這隻顯示它精確到米的路線圖 較暖的顏色表示海洋的溫度較高。
153.Salmon sharks go down to the tropics to pup and come into Monterey.
它們向下 到熱帶地區產仔 再到蒙特雷。
154.Now right next door in Monterey and up at the Farallones are a white shark team led by Scott Anderson -- there -- and Sal Jorgensen.
現在 在蒙特雷附近, Farallones的上面 有一隻由Scott Anderson和Sal Jorgensen領導的 研究白鯊的隊伍。
155.They can throw out a target -- it's a carpet shaped like a seal -- and in will come a white shark, a curious critter that will come right up to our 16-ft. boat.
他們扔出一個誘餌 一個形似海豹的毛毯 不一會,一個好奇的白鯊就會游來 不久他就會被抓到我們16英尺長的船上。
156.It's a several thousand-pound animal.
這是個幾千磅重的動物。
157.And we'll wind in the target.
我們會在誘餌裡吹起
158.And we'll place an acoustic tag that says, "OMSHARK 10165,"
我們會放置一個聽覺標籤 會表示"OMSHARK 10165,"
159.or something like that, acoustically with a ping.
或者其它差不多的 以砰砰聲的。
160.And then we'll put on a satellite tag that will give us the long-distance journeys with the light-based geolocation algorithms solved on the computer that's on the fish.
然後我們會放置衛星標籤 標籤會發給我們一個 鯊魚的長期路線。 這路線是由標籤中的電腦記錄光的信息並以地理算法得出的
161.So in this case, Sal's looking at two tags there, and there they are: the white sharks of California going off to the white shark cafe and coming back.

所以,Sal的結果中能看到兩種標籤的記錄。 這是加利福尼亞的白鯊 前往白鯊聚集地然後回來
162.We also tag makos with our NOAA colleagues, blue sharks.
我們NOAA的同事標記灰鯖鯊 和藍鯨。
163.And now, together, what we can see on this ocean of color that's temperature, we can see ten-day worms of makos and salmon sharks.
現在我們能看到的 顏色為海洋中的溫度變化, 我們能看到灰鯖鯊和鮭鯊以十天為以單位的移動圖
164.We have white sharks and blue sharks.
我們第一次觀察到了白鯊和藍鯊
165.For the first time, an ecoscape as large as ocean-scale, showing where the sharks go.
的信息, 一個全海洋尺度的觀察 告訴了我們鯊魚去哪
166.The tuna team from TOPP has done the unthinkable: three teams tagged 1,700 tunas, bluefin, yellowfin and albacore all at the same time --
金槍魚方面的TOPP組織已經完成了 由三個隊伍標記了1,700頭金槍魚的難以想象的任務。 藍鰭,黃鰭,長鰭金槍魚 都在同時
167.carefully rehearsed tagging programs in which we go out, pick up juvenile tunas, put in the tags that actually have the sensors, stick out the tuna
仔細地操練著標記項目 我們選一些年輕的金槍魚, 將有感應器的標籤放進 再拿出
168.and then let them go.
並放金槍魚走
169.They get returned, and when they get returned, here on a NASA numerical ocean you can see bluefin in blue go across their corridor,
當它們往回走, 你可以在NASA數字海洋中看到它們的路線 你可以看到藍鰭金槍魚以藍色表示 穿過狹長地帶
170.returning to the Western Pacific.
回到大西洋。
171.Our team from UCSC has tagged elephant seals with tags that are glued on their heads, that come off when they slough.
UCSC組織負責標記海象 標籤會粘在它們頭上, 當它們蛻皮時隨皮脫落。

172.These elephant seals cover half an ocean, take data down to 1,800 feet -- amazing data.
海象在海洋的一半以上地方都能看到, 在水下1,800英尺的地方蒐集數據 驚人的數據
173.And then there's Scott Shaffer and our shearwaters wearing tuna tags, light-based tags, that now are going to take you from New Zealand to Monterey and back,
這是Scott Shaffer和一個海鷗 海鷗上帶著光能標籤 它們將從新西蘭飛往蒙特雷並飛回
174.journeys of 35,000 nautical miles we had never seen before.
總共有35,000海里 利用光能地理標籤
175.But now with light-based geolocation tags that are very small, we can actually see these journeys.
我們第一成功 瞭解了它們飛行的全過程。
176.Same thing with Laysan albatross who travel an entire ocean on a trip sometimes, up to the same zone the tunas use.
與Laysan島的信天翁一樣 將穿越整個大洋。 有時 它們的飛行路線會與金槍魚重合
177.You can see why they might be caught.
你就知道為什麼它們也可能被捕。
178.Then there's George Schillinger and our leatherback team out of Playa Grande tagging leatherbacks that go right past where we are.
現在看到的是 George Schillinger和來自Playa Grande的稜皮龜小組的隊員。 正在給正穿過它們所在區域 的稜皮龜作標記。
179.And Scott Benson's team that showed that leatherbacks go from Indonesia all the way to Monterey.
這是Scott Benson帶隊的小組的數據 顯示稜皮龜正從印度尼西亞 前往蒙特雷
180.So what we can see on this moving ocean is we can finally see where the predators are.
我們能從這個移動的海洋中看到 捕食者在哪裡。
181.We can actually see how they're using ecospaces as large as an ocean.
我們能瞭解 整個海洋中的整個生態圈。
182.And from this information, we can begin to map the hope spots.
從這些信息, 我們能開始製作希望點的地圖
183.So this is just three years of data right here -- and there's a decade of this data.
這裡看到的只是3年裡的數據 而這樣的數據有10年記錄。

184.We see the pulse and the seasonal activities that these animals are going on.
我們能感受到這些動物的 狀態和季節性活動。
185.So what we're able to do with this information is boil it down to hot spots, 4,000 deployments, a huge herculean task, 2,000 tags in an area, shown here for the first time,
我們能做的,就是利用這些數據 提煉出 熱點, 4000個部署點 一個艱鉅的任務 一個地方2000個標籤 這一切的綜合 第一次告訴了我們
186.off the California coast, that appears to be a gathering place.
在加利福尼亞海岸附近 有一個聚集地
187.And then for sort of an encore from these animals, they're helping us.
然後, 就像它們給我們的加演一樣 它們帶上設備
188.They're carrying instruments that are actually taking data down to 2,000 meters.
幫助我們 在2000米下的水中搜集數據
189.They're taking information from our planet at very critical places like Antarctica and the Poles.
在整個地球蒐集 在關鍵的地方如 南極,北極。
190.Those are seals from many countries being released who are sampling underneath the ice sheets and giving us temperature data of oceanographic quality
許多國家的海獅 被放生 它們正在冰川的地下 給我們傳送兩極的溫度和海洋質量
191.on both poles.
等數據。
192.This data, when visualized, is captivating to watch.
這個數據,當被可視化後,非常有吸引力。
193.We still haven't figured out best how to visualize the data.
我們仍沒能想出到底如何才能對這些數據進行最佳的可視化。
194.And then, as these animals swim and give us the information that's important to climate issues, we also think it's critical to get this information to the public,
而當這些動物遊動 並給我們信息時, 這些信息對於氣候問題是非常重要的, 我們還認為 將這些信息公佈給大眾
195.to engage the public with this kind of data.

來使大眾也參與進來是很重要的。
196.We did this with the Great Turtle Race -- tagged turtles, brought in four million hits.
我們對於大海龜就是這麼做的 標記海龜, 這帶來了4百萬個點擊。
197.And now with Google's Oceans, we can actually put a white shark in that ocean.
現在 在 谷歌海洋(Google‘Oeans) 我們能將白鯊放在一個大洋中,
198.And when we do and it swims, we see this magnificent bathymetry that the shark knows is there on its path as it goes from California to Hawaii.
他就會在裡面遊動 我們可以知道 鯊魚在它們從加利福尼亞到夏威夷 這段路中得到的一切信息。
199.But maybe Mission Blue can fill in that ocean that we can't see.
但是可能 Mission Blue組織 能將我們看不到的地方也補上
200.We've got the capacity, NASA has the ocean.
我們有這樣的能力, NASA已經有了數字海洋。
201.We just need to put it together.
我們只需要將它們整合起來。
202.So in conclusion, we know where Yellowstone is for North America; it's off our coast.
所以, 總的來說 我們知道黃石公園在北美的哪: 在海岸邊
203.We have the technology that's shown us where it is.
我們有技術瞭解它在哪
204.What we need to think about perhaps for Mission Blue is increasing the biologging capacity.
我們需要思考的是如何增加 Misson Blue記錄生態信息的能力。
205.How is it that we can actually take this type of activity elsewhere?
我們怎樣才能 在別的地方也做這些工作呢?
206.And then finally -- to basically get the message home -- maybe use live links from animals such as blue whales and white sharks.
最終能達到在家就能得到信息, 可以利用例如 來自藍鯨白鯊的鏈接
207.Make killer apps, if you will.

如果你願意的話,製作殺戮軟件,
208.A lot of people are excited when sharks actually went under the Golden Gate Bridge.
大部分的人當 看到鯊魚在金門大橋下時會非常激動。
209.Let's connect the public to this activity right on their iPhone.
就用大家的iPhone 將大家連接到這項活動吧。
210.That way we do away with a few internet myths.
這是一些網上的這類圖片。
211.So we can save the bluefin tuna.
所以, 我們能夠救藍鰭金槍魚
212.We can save the white shark.
我們能夠救白鯊
213.We have the science and technology.
我們有科技。
214.Hope is here. Yes we can.
是的, 我們能。
215.We need just to apply this capacity further in the oceans.
我們只需要將我們的技術 應用到更廣闊的海洋。
216.Thank you.
謝謝/<code>

結束語

如果您需要本期音頻相關的學習資料,可以留言或私信回覆關鍵字:"20200322T08",系統會自動回覆您下載地址(內容包括:視頻+音頻+文稿),資料僅供個人學習使用。


分享到:


相關文章: