英語聽力(20200322T10):可持續的海味讓我們變得明智些


聽力原文如下

<code>1.Sustainability represents the what, the where and the how of what is caught.
持續性象徵著 什麼,何地以及 什麼東西是如何被捕捉的。
2.The who and the why are what's important to me.
誰以及其原因對我來說是最重要的。
3.I want to know the people behind my dinner choices.
我想知道在我們餐桌背後的那些人。
4.I want to know how I impact them.
我想知道我如何影響他們。
5.I want to know how they impact me.
我想知道他們如何影響我。
6.I want to know why they fish.
我想知道他們為什麼捕魚。
7.I want to know how they rely on the water's bounty for their living.
我想知道他們是如何藉助於水的慷慨贈與 而生活的。
8.Understanding all of this enables us to shift our perception of seafood away from a commodity to an opportunity to restore our ecosystem.
理解了這些可以將我們 對海味的認識從 一種商品 提升到一種機會 再上升為恢復我們生態系統的觀念。
9.It allows for us to celebrate the seafood that we're also so fortunate to eat.
它(這種觀念)允許我們讚美 那些我們幸運地可以吃到的海味。
10.So what do we call this?
那麼我們稱這為什麼呢?
11.I think we call it restorative seafood.
我認為我們可以稱它為恢復的海味。
12.Where sustainability is the capacity to endure and maintain, restorative is the ability to replenish and progress.
可持續性是一種 持續並且保持的能力, 恢復是可以補給並促進的一種能力。

13.Restorative seafood allows for an evolving and dynamic system and acknowledges our relationship with the ocean as a resource, suggesting that we engage to replenish the ocean
恢復海鮮將提供一個逐步發展且富有活力的系統 並且承認我們與海洋 作為一種源泉的關係, 建議我們應著手去補充海洋
14.and to encourage its resiliency.
並且激發它的恢復力。
15.It is a more hopeful, it is a more human, and is a more useful way of understanding our environment.
它是一個更加富有希望,更人性化 並且是一個更有效的理解我們環境的方式。
16.Wallet guides -- standard issue by lots in the marine conservation world -- are very handy; they're a wonderful tool.
消費手冊--由 海洋保護組織統一發行-- 方便攜帶,是很不錯的工具書。
17.Green, yellow and red lists [of] seafood species.
以綠色,黃色和紅色來劃分海鮮的種類。
18.The association is very easy: buy green, don't buy red, think twice about yellow.
很容易聯想得到:買綠色的,不買紅色的, 對黃色的要再三考慮。
19.But in my mind, it's really not enough to just eat green list.
但是在我看來, 限制再僅食用綠色類的海鮮是不足夠的。
20.We can't sustain this without the measure of our success really changing the fate of the species in the yellow and the red.
在無法預測我們 改變黃色和紅色類物種的成功率的情況下 我們是不能夠維護海洋的(可持續性的)。
21.But what if we eat only in the green list?
但是如果我們僅僅食用綠色類的呢?
22.You've got pole-caught yellowfin tuna here -- comes from sustainable stocks.
這些用釣竿捕捉的黃鰭金槍魚也屬於綠色類-- 來自於可持續存儲。
23.Pole caught -- no bycatch.
用釣竿捕捉--並非付漁獲物。

24.Great for fishermen. Lots of money. Supporting local economies.
對漁民來說極大的好處。很多的錢。扶植地方經濟。
25.But it's a lion of the sea. It's a top predator.
但這(黃鰭金槍魚)相當於海洋裡的獅子。它是種頂位捕食者。
26.What's the context of this meal?
這頓飯的背景是什麼呢?
27.Am I sitting down in a steakhouse to a 16-ounce portion of this?
我現在正坐在一個牛排餐廳食用一個十六盎司分量的這個(黃鰭金槍魚)。
28.Do I do this three times a week?
是否我每個星期都這樣食用三次呢?
29.I might still be in the green list, but I'm not doing myself, or you, or the oceans any favors.
我應該還是限制在食用綠色類的海鮮, 但是我自己,或者是你, 並沒有對這些海洋起到任何幫助。
30.The point is that we have to have a context, a gauge for our actions in all this.
重點是我們需要一個背景, 一個度量我們行為的標準。
31.Example: I've heard that red wine is great for my health -- antioxidants and minerals -- heart healthy.
例如:我聽說過紅酒有助於健康-- 含有抗氧化劑和礦物質--有益於心臟。
32.That's great! I love red wine!
太好了!我愛紅酒!
33.I'm going to drink so much of it. I'm going to be so healthy.
我要喝很多很多的紅酒。那樣我就能變的非常的健康。
34.Well, how many bottles is it before you tell me that I have a problem?
那麼,在我成為酒鬼之前究竟 我應該喝多少瓶才有助於健康呢?
35.Well folks, we have a protein problem.
朋友們,我們有一個蛋白質問題。

36.We have lost this sensibility when it regards our food, and we are paying a cost.
當涉及到我們的食物時, 我們便丟失了這種敏感度, 我們於是付出代價。
37.The problem is we are hiding that cost beneath the waves.
問題是我們在隱藏那些代價。
38.We are hiding that cost behind the social acceptance of expanding waistlines.
我們將那些代價隱藏在 社會對我們日益膨脹的胃口的默許。
39.And we are hiding that cost behind monster profits.
我們將那些代價隱藏在巨大的利潤背後。
40.So the first thing about this idea of restorative seafood is that it really takes into account our needs.
因此關於恢復海味的第一件事情, 就是認真地考慮我們的需要。
41.Restorative seafood might best be represented not by Jaws, or by Flipper, or the Gordon's fisherman, but rather, by the Jolly Green Giant.
恢復海味似乎是最具代表性的, 並非由電影“大白鯊”(Jaws),“海豚的故事” (Flipper),又或者是戈東的漁人牌海鮮罐頭(注:Gordon's fisherman是美國的冷凍海鮮食品公司), 而更像是綠巨人(注:Jolly Green Giant是美國通用磨坊食品公司旗下的一個蔬果品牌)
42.Vegetables: they might yet save the oceans.
蔬菜: 他們仍然可以挽救海洋。
43.Sylvia likes to say that blue is the new green.
西爾維婭喜歡說藍色是新的綠色。
44.Well I'd like to respectfully submit that broccoli green might then be the new blue.
而我喜歡恭敬地認為 西蘭花綠色則是新的藍色。
45.We must continue to eat the best seafood possible, if at all.
我們必須持續地食用 那些最佳的海產品
46.But we also must eat it with a ton of vegetables.
但是我們也必須同蔬菜一起食用它們。

47.The best part about restorative seafood though is that it comes on the half-shell with a bottle of Tabasco and lemon wedges.
恢復海味最好之處在於儘管 它被盛在一半的貝殼裡 和一瓶塔巴斯科辣醬和檸檬片一起(端上餐桌)。
48.It comes in a five-ounce portion of tilapia breaded with Dijon mustard and crispy, broiled breadcrumbs and a steaming pile of pecan quinoa pilaf
一個五盎司份量的羅非魚 以Dijon芥末澆汁沾上烘烤的香脆的麵包屑 和一盤蒸的核桃加藜麥肉飯
49.with crunchy, grilled broccoli so soft and sweet and charred and smoky on the outside with just a hint of chili flake.
外加上脆生生的烤西蘭花 外表是如此之鬆軟香甜和略帶煙燻 和一點的辣椒片兒。
50.Whooo!
哇哦!
51.This is an easy sell.
這個一定是很搶手的商品。
52.And the best part is all of those ingredients are available to every family at the neighborhood Walmart.
這個最大的優點就是所有的這些調料對於每個個家庭 來說都是很容易在家附近的沃爾瑪找到的。
53.Jamie Oliver is campaigning to save America from the way we eat.
傑米 奧利弗正在發起一個 從我們的飲食之道來拯救美國的運動。
54.Sylvia is campaigning to save the oceans from the way we eat.
西爾維婭正在組織一個 從我們的飲食之道來拯救海洋的運動。
55.There's a pattern here.
這裡有一個規律。
56.Forget nuclear holocaust; it's the fork that we have to worry about.
忘記了核武器大屠殺, 其實是我們應該擔心的。
57.We have ravaged our Earth and then used the food that we've sourced to handicap ourselves in more ways than one.
我們毀滅了我們的地球 然後將作為源泉的食物 在各個方面阻礙我們自己。

58.So I think we have this whole eating thing wrong.
因此我認為我們的飲食之道是大錯特錯。
59.And so I think it's time we change what we expect from our food.
因此我認為現在正是 我們改變對食物的期待的時刻。
60.Sustainability is complicated but dinner is a reality that we all very much understand.
持續性是複雜的, 但是晚餐卻是很容易理解的一個現實。
61.So let's start there.
所以,讓我們從晚餐開始。
62.There's been a lot of movement recently in greening our food systems.
最近有很多關於綠化我們的食物系統的運動。
63.Dan Barber and Alice Waters are leading passionately the green food Delicious Revolution.
丹 巴伯和愛麗絲 沃特斯 熱烈地倡導綠色食品“美味革命”運動。
64.But green foods often represent a way for us to disregard the responsibility as eaters.
但是綠色食品常常代表 著一種 忽視食用者的方式。
65.Just because it comes from a green source doesn't mean we can treat it with disregard on the plate.
僅僅是因為這來自於一種綠色的源頭 並不意味著我們可以忽視盛在盤子裡的食物。
66.We have eco-friendly shrimp.
我們有環保的蝦。
67.We can make them; we have that technology.
我們可以做成(環保的),我們擁有那種科學技術。
68.But we can never have any eco-friendly all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet.
但是我們永遠都不可能擁有全部環保的吃到飽蝦自助餐。
69.It doesn't work.
它不起作用。
70.Heart-healthy dinner is a very important part of restorative seafood.
有利心臟健康的晚餐是 恢復海味十分重要的一部分。

71.While we try to manage declining marine populations, the media's recommending increased consumption of seafood.
當我們試圖管理減少的海洋生物, 媒體的推薦使得海味消費增加。
72.Studies say that tens of thousands of American grandmothers, grandfathers, mothers and fathers might be around for another birthday
研究證明上萬名 美國老奶奶,老爺爺,媽媽和爸爸 可以活得更久些,
73.if we included more seafood.
如果我們食用更多的海味。
74.That's a reward I am not willing to pass up.
這是個我不願意去放棄的獎勵。
75.But it's not all about the seafood.
但是這並僅僅是海味。
76.It's about the way that we look at our plates.
這是如何看待地球的方式。
77.As a chef, I realize the easiest thing for me to do is reduce the portion sizes on my plate.
作為一名廚師,我意識到我能做的最簡單的事情 就是減少盤子裡的分量。
78.A couple things happened.
一系列的事情接而發生了。
79.I made more money.
我掙更多的錢。
80.People started buying appetizers and salads, because they knew they weren't going to fill up on the entrees alone.
人們開始購買開胃品和沙拉, 因為他們知道只食用主菜是不能填飽肚子的。
81.People spent more time engaging in their meals, engaging with each other over their meals.
人們消費更多的時間在晚餐上, 花更多的時間在進餐者上。
82.People got, in short, more of what they came there for even though they got less protein.
人們得到,簡而言之,更多地它們為之而來的東西, 儘管他們得到較少的分量。
83.They got more calories over the course of a diversified meal.

他們得到比起多種多樣的晚餐更多的熱量。
84.They got healthier. I made more money.
他們變得更健康。我賺更多的錢。
85.This is great.
這是很棒的事情。
86.Environmental consideration was served with every plate, but it was served with a heaping mound of consideration for human interests at the same time.
對環境的關心供應到每一個盤子上, 但是它同時也提供一個巨大量的 對人類利益的關心。
87.One of the other things we did was begin to diversify the species that we served -- small silverfish, anchovies, mackerel, sardines were uncommon.
我們做的另一件事情就是 將我們所提供的品種多樣化-- 小的衣魚, 鯷科,鯖魚,沙丁魚是比較常見的。
88.Shellfish, mussels, oysters, clams, tilapia, char -- these were the common species.
貝類,蚌類,牡蠣, 蛤蜊,羅非魚,嘉魚--這些都是常見的品種。
89.We were directing tastes towards more resilience, more restorative options.
我們引導人們的品位 向著更加富有彈性,更加易於恢復的選擇。
90.This is what we need to favor.
這才是我們應該贊同的。
91.This is what the green list says.
這才是那些綠色類品種告訴我們的。
92.But this is also how we can actually begin to restore our environment.
但是這也正是實際上我們應該如何修復我們的環境。
93.But what of those big predators, those fashionable species, that green list tuna that I was talking about earlier?
但這與我之前談到的那些大型掠食者, 那些流行的品種, 那些綠色類金槍魚又有什麼關係呢?
94.Well, if you must, I have a recipe for you.
如果你必須要的話,那麼我有一個食譜給你。

95.It pretty much works with any big fish in the ocean, so here we go.
這作用於海洋中的任何一種大型魚類, 那麼讓我來看一看。
96.Start with a 16-ounce portion of big fish.
從一個十六盎司分量的大魚開始。
97.Get a knife. Cut it into four portions.
拿把刀。把它切成四等份。
98.Put it on four plates.
放在四個盤子上。
99.Mound up those four plates with vegetables and then open up the very best bottle of Burgundy you have, light the candles and celebrate it.
在那四個盤子上堆放上蔬菜 然後開啟一瓶勃艮第葡萄酒, 點亮蠟燭然後開始慶祝。
100.Celebrate the opportunity you have to eat this.
慶祝你能有幸吃到這樣的美味。
101.Invite your friends and neighbors over and repeat once a year, maybe.
邀請你的朋友和鄰居 一年來這樣慶祝一次, 也許。
102.I expect a lot from food.
我對食物期待很多。
103.I expect health and joy and family and community.
我期待健康 愉快以及家庭和社區。
104.I expect that producing ingredients, preparing dishes and eating meals is all part of the communion of human interests.
我期待著生產(烹調的)原料, 準備菜餚和享受美味 都是這聖餐的一部分。
105.I was lucky enough that my father was a fantastic cook.
我很幸運因為我的父親是個很棒的廚師。
106.And he taught me very early on about the privilege that eating represents.
在我很小的時候他就教會我 享受美食所帶來的特權。
107.I remember well the meals of my childhood.
我清晰地記得童年時的每一餐。

108.They were reasonable portions of protein served with copious quantities of vegetables and small amounts of starch, usually rice.
它們有由大量的蔬菜所 提供的合理定量的蛋白質 和少量的澱粉,通常是大米。
109.This is still how I largely eat today.
直到今天我基本上還是這樣的飲食。
110.I get sick when I go to steakhouses.
我去牛排店會覺得很不舒服。
111.I get the meat sweats.
吃肉會令我出汗。
112.It's like a hangover from protein.
這就像是
113.It's disgusting.
很噁心。
114.But of all the dire news that you'll hear and that you have heard about the state of our oceans, I have the unfortunate burden of delivering to you
但是所有這些你將聽到的可怕消息 以及你已經聽到的關於我們的海洋, 很不幸地我有這個責任來傳達給你
115.possibly the very worst of it and that is this whole time your mother was right.
可能是比那更糟地, 這一次, 你媽媽是正確的。
116.Eat your vegetables.
多吃點蔬菜。
117.It's pretty straightforward.
這很直截了當。
118.So what are we looking for in a meal?
那麼我們究竟向每一餐索取什麼呢?
119.Well for health, I'm looking for wholesome ingredients that are good for my body.
為了健康,我尋找有益健康的原料 對我的身體有益的。
120.For joy, I'm looking for butter and salt and sexy things that make things taste less like penance.
為了愉悅,我尋求黃油和鹽 和任何原料能夠另品嚐食物不那麼像自我懲罰。
121.For family, I'm looking for recipes that genuflect to my own personal histories.

為了家庭,我尋找 能夠服從於我個人閱歷的食譜。
122.For community though, we start at the very beginning.
考慮到社區,我從零開始。
123.There's no escaping the fact that everything we eat has a global impact.
沒有例外地 我們所食用的所有東西都會影響全球。
124.So try and learn as best you can what that impact is and then take the first step to minimize it.
所以嘗試學習這些影響 然後為了減少這些影響開始你的第一步。
125.We've seen an image of our blue planet, our world bank.
我們已經看到了一副藍色星球(地球)的圖片, 我們的世界銀行。
126.But it is more than just a repository of our resources; it's also the global geography of the communion we call dinner.
但是它不僅僅是一個保存我們資源的倉庫; 它也是被我們叫做盛宴的 世界地理。
127.So if we all take only what we need, then we can begin to share the rest, we can begin to celebrate, we can begin to restore.
因此如果我們只談些我們需要的, 我們於是共享剩餘的, 我們可以開始慶祝, 我們可以開始恢復。
128.We need to savor vegetables.
我們需要品嚐蔬菜。
129.We need to savor smaller portions of seafood.
我們需要品嚐小份量的海味。
130.And we need to save dinner.
我們還需要節約晚餐。
131.Thank you.
謝謝。/<code>

結束語

如果您需要本期音頻相關的學習資料,可以留言或私信回覆關鍵字:"20200322T10",系統會自動回覆您下載地址(內容包括:視頻+音頻+文稿),資料僅供個人學習使用。


分享到:


相關文章: