英語聽力(20200321T09):可視化技術應對醫學數據爆炸


聽力原文如下

<code>1.I will start by posing a little bit of a challenge: the challenge of dealing with data, data that we have to deal with in medical situations.
我首先給大家展示一個難題, 一個處理數據的難題, 處理這些 醫學數據的難題。
2.It's really a huge challenge for us.
這對我們來說真的是個很大的挑戰。
3.And this is our beast of burden -- this is a Computer Tomography machine, a CT machine.
這就是讓我們頭疼的大難題。 這是一臺計算機X射線斷層掃描儀-- 也就是CT機。
4.It's a fantastic device.
這個是很棒的機器。
5.It uses X-rays, X-ray beams, that are rotating very fast around the human body.
它使用X射線,X光束, 從四面對人體進行快速掃射。
6.It takes about 30 seconds to go through the whole machine and is generating enormous amounts of information that comes out of the machine.
通過這臺機器的時間約為30秒, 之後,它能收集到 海量的信息。
7.So this is a fantastic machine that we can use for improving health care, but as I said, it's also a challenge for us.
從提高醫療質量的角度看, 這臺機器 真是絕了。 但是,它也同時給我們出了個難題。
8.And the challenge is really found in this picture here.
這個難題就在這張照片裡。
9.It's the medical data explosion that we're having right now.
我們現在面臨著 醫學數據爆炸的難題。
10.We're facing this problem.
這個難題就擺在我們面前。
11.And let me step back in time.
我們來回顧一下歷史。
12.Let's go back a few years in time and see what happened back then.
我們回到幾年以前,看看當時的情況。

13.These machines that came out -- they started coming in the 1970s -- they would scan human bodies, and they would generate about 100 images
這些機器 從二十世紀七十年代開始被投入使用-- 它們能夠對人體進行掃描, 拍出100多張
14.of the human body.
人體的透視圖。
15.And I've taken the liberty, just for clarity, to translate that to data slices.
恕我冒昧,為了讓大家看得更明白, 我把這些數據轉化成通俗的比方。
16.That would correspond to about 50 megabytes of data, which is small when you think about the data we can handle today just on normal mobile devices.
這些數據總共有大約50兆, 這不算大, 我們今天用普通移動設備處理的信息 要比這大得多。
17.If you translate that to phone books, it's about one meter of phone books in the pile.
如果你把這些數據轉化成電話簿, 那麼你會得到高達一米的一堆電話簿。
18.Looking at what we're doing today with these machines that we have, we can, just in a few seconds, get 24,000 images out of a body,
再看看我們今天 所使用的這些機器, 我們可以在短短几秒鐘內 得到24000張人體透視圖。
19.and that would correspond to about 20 gigabytes of data, or 800 phone books, and the pile would then be 200 meters of phone books.
這相當於20千兆的數據, 或800本電話簿。 這些電話簿堆起來足有200米高。
20.What's about to happen -- and we're seeing this; it's beginning -- a technology trend that's happening right now is that we're starting to look at time-resolved situations as well.
接下來會發生什麼呢-- 我們所看到的,是一個開始-- 一種技術的發展趨勢, 我們開始考慮耗時的問題。
21.So we're getting the dynamics out of the body as well.
我們甚至可以捕捉人體的動態。
22.And just assume that we will be collecting data during five seconds, and that would correspond to one terabyte of data -- that's 800,000 books
試想一下, 我們在5秒鐘內收集的數據, 大小為一百萬兆。 那相當於八十萬本書

23.and 16 kilometers of phone books.
或一萬六千米厚的電話簿。
24.That's one patient, one data set.
這只是從一個患者身上採集的一組數據。
25.And this is what we have to deal with.
這就是我們面臨的難題。
26.So this is really the enormous challenge that we have.
一個巨大的挑戰。
27.And already today -- this is 25,000 images.
這裡有兩萬五千個圖像,
28.Imagine the days when we had radiologists doing this.
試想一下, 在過去,放射線專家是這樣工作的。
29.They would put up 25,000 images, they would go like this, "25,0000, okay, okay.
那麼今天,他們就得把兩萬五千張圖放上去, 這樣一張張地看:“第兩萬五千張,好了好了,
30.There is the problem."
找到問題了。”
31.They can't do that anymore. That's impossible.
現在他們可不能這麼做了;這是不可能的。
32.So we have to do something that's a little bit more intelligent than doing this.
那麼我們就必須使一點小聰明。
33.So what we do is that we put all these slices together.
我們把這些圖片整合在一起。
34.Imagine that you slice your body in all these directions, and then you try to put the slices back together again into a pile of data, into a block of data.
假設你把自己從各個角度切成簿片, 接著,再把這些簿片拼回去, 組成一個數據堆,再組成一個數據塊。
35.So this is really what we're doing.
這就是我們的工作。
36.So this gigabyte or terabyte of data, we're putting it into this block.

我們把這千兆或百萬兆的數據整合成這個數據塊。
37.But of course, the block of data just contains the amount of X-ray that's been absorbed in each point in the human body.
當然,這個數據塊 只包含了被人體吸收了的 X光所呈現出的人體各個部位。
38.So what we need to do is to figure out a way of looking at the things we do want to look at and make things transparent that we don't want to look at.
我們需要的是,找出一種方法 讓我們看到,我們想要看到的部位, 同時把那些我們不需要看到的部分隱藏起來。
39.So transforming the data set into something that looks like this.
把數據轉化為 這樣的形式。
40.And this is a challenge.
這是頗具挑戰的。
41.This is a huge challenge for us to do that.
而且是個艱鉅的挑戰。
42.Using computers, even though they're getting faster and better all the time, it's a challenge to deal with gigabytes of data, terabytes of data
使用計算機雖然能夠更快更好地得到數據, 但是在得到幾千兆 甚至上百萬兆的數據之後
43.and extracting the relevant information.
如何從中抽取有用信息,成了巨大的挑戰。
44.I want to look at the heart.
我想透視心臟,
45.I want to look at the blood vessels. I want to look at the liver.
透視那些血管,肝臟,
46.Maybe even find a tumor, in some cases.
在某些情況下, 我要看是否有腫瘤。
47.So this is where this little dear comes into play.
這時這個小寶貝給了我啟示。
48.This is my daughter.
這是我女兒。
49.This is as of 9 a.m. this morning.

照片上是早上九點。
50.She's playing a computer game.
她正在玩電腦遊戲。
51.She's only two years old, and she's having a blast.
她才兩歲。 看她玩得眉飛色舞的。
52.So she's really the driving force behind the development of graphics-processing units.
她就是圖形處理器 得到發展的原動力。
53.As long as kids are playing computer games, graphics is getting better and better and better.
只要孩子們繼續玩電腦遊戲, 電腦製圖的技術就會越來越好。
54.So please go back home, tell your kids to play more games, because that's what I need.
所以請大家回去以後多多鼓勵自己的孩子打電腦遊戲, 這對我幫助太大了。
55.So what's inside of this machine is what enables me to do the things that I'm doing with the medical data.
這臺機器 幫助我 分析醫學數據。
56.So really what I'm doing is using these fantastic little devices.
我所利用的就是這些神奇的小設備。
57.And you know, going back maybe 10 years in time when I got the funding to buy my first graphics computer -- it was a huge machine.
時間倒退 到大概十年以前, 我得到贊助, 購買了第一臺繪圖電腦。 它是臺巨大的機器,
58.It was cabinets of processors and storage and everything.
由許多處理器,存儲器等等組成的大櫃子。
59.I paid about one million dollars for that machine.
這臺機器花了我一百萬美元。
60.That machine is, today, about as fast as my iPhone.
這臺機器運算的速度跟我的iPhone差不多。
61.So every month there are new graphics cards coming out, and here is a few of the latest ones from the vendors -- NVIDIA, ATI, Intel is out there as well.
每個月都有新的顯卡上市。 這是商家最新推出的產品-- 英偉達(NVIDIA),冶天(ATI),還有因特爾的產品也出來了。

62.And you know, for a few hundred bucks you can get these things and put them into your computer, and you can do fantastic things with these graphics cards.
花個幾百美元, 你就能把這些東西買到手,裝到自己電腦上, 這些顯卡能完成許多不可思議的事情。
63.So this is really what's enabling us to deal with the explosion of data in medicine, together with some really nifty work in terms of algorithms --
這就是 我們控制醫療數據爆炸的法寶, 再加上一些 絕妙的演算--
64.compressing data, extracting the relevant information that people are doing research on.
精簡數據, 提取研究用的相關數據。
65.So I'm going to show you a few examples of what we can do.
接下來我會為大家展示我們的工作成果。
66.This is a data set that was captured using a CT scanner.
這是一組由CT機採集的數據。
67.You can see that this is a full data [set].
這是一組完整的數據。
68.It's a woman. You can see the hair.
這是一位女性。你們能看到她的髮絲。
69.You can see the individual structures of the woman.
還能看到她各個部位的結構。
70.You can see that there is [a] scattering of X-rays on the teeth, the metal in the teeth.
你們可以看到她的牙齒以及裡面的金屬 在X光效果下的成像。
71.That's where those artifacts are coming from.
那是人造的部分。
72.But fully interactively on standard graphics cards on a normal computer, I can just put in a clip plane.
但是通過使用, 裝有標準顯卡的普通電腦, 我就可以裝入一個剪切平面軟件。
73.And of course all the data is inside, so I can start rotating, I can look at it from different angles, and I can see that this woman had a problem.
所有的數據都在裡面, 我可以進行翻轉,從不同角度觀察, 可以看到這位女性的問題是在哪裡。

74.She had a bleeding up in the brain, and that's been fixed with a little stent, a metal clamp that's tightening up the vessel.
她的大腦有一處出血, 醫生用一個支架對其進行修復, 那是一個金屬鉗鎖緊了那根血管。
75.And just by changing the functions, then I can decide what's going to be transparent and what's going to be visible.
有了調節功能, 我就能自由決定哪些部分可以被隱去, 哪些部位可以凸顯出來。
76.I can look at the skull structure, and I can see that, okay, this is where they opened up the skull on this woman, and that's where they went in.
我可以看到頭骨的結構, 好的,這位女性曾經做過開顱手術, 他們是從這個部位進去的。
77.So these are fantastic images.
這些都是非常精密的視圖,
78.They're really high resolution, and they're really showing us what we can do with standard graphics cards today.
分辨率極高, 讓我們看到了 現今標準顯卡的真正能耐。
79.Now we have really made use of this, and we have tried to squeeze a lot of data into the system.
我們很好地利用了這個技術, 把大量的數據 壓縮到這個系統裡。
80.And one of the applications that we've been working on -- and this has gotten a little bit of traction worldwide -- is the application of virtual autopsies.
這是我們正在研究的應用之一-- 這在世界範圍內引起了不小的轟動-- 這就是模擬驗屍技術。
81.So again, looking at very, very large data sets, and you saw those full-body scans that we can do.
看著這龐大的數據群, 你們剛才看到我們能做全身掃描。
82.We're just pushing the body through the whole CT scanner, and just in a few seconds we can get a full-body data set.
我們只要讓整個人體通過CT機, 不到幾秒鐘,我們就能得到全身的數據。
83.So this is from a virtual autopsy.
這就是一次虛擬驗屍。
84.And you can see how I'm gradually peeling off.
你們可以看到我正在一層一層把畫面剝開。

85.First you saw the body bag that the body came in, then I'm peeling off the skin -- you can see the muscles -- and eventually you can see the bone structure of this woman.
首先你看到的是包著裹屍袋的屍體, 接著,我把皮膚剝開-- 你們可以看見肌肉-- 最後你們可以看見這位女性的骨骼。
86.Now at this point, I would also like to emphasize that, with the greatest respect for the people that I'm now going to show -- I'm going to show you a few cases of virtual autopsies --
現在,我想強調一下, 對以下圖片中的死者, 我深懷敬意-- 我將向大家展示幾個模擬驗屍的案例--
87.so it's with great respect for the people that have died under violent circumstances that I'm showing these pictures to you.
我向這些因暴力導致死亡的人們 表示敬意 我展示的是他們的驗屍情況。
88.In the forensic case -- and this is something that ... there's been approximately 400 cases so far just in the part of Sweden that I come from
在法醫鑑定的案例中-- 在這幾年裡 在瑞典,我所在的地區 已經有大約400個案例
89.that has been undergoing virtual autopsies in the past four years.
使用了 模擬驗屍技術。
90.So this will be the typical workflow situation.
這是驗屍的常規程序。
91.The police will decide -- in the evening, when there's a case coming in -- they will decide, okay, is this a case where we need to do an autopsy?
警察會決定-- 案發當晚, 他們會決定,好,我們需要對這個案子進行屍檢。
92.So in the morning, in between six and seven in the morning, the body is then transported inside of the body bag to our center and is being scanned through one of the CT scanners.
於是第二天早上,大概六七點鐘, 屍體就會被放進裹屍袋 運到我們中心 然後穿過CT機。
93.And then the radiologist, together with the pathologist and sometimes the forensic scientist, looks at the data that's coming out, and they have a joint session.
接著,放射線專家會,病理學家 有時候還需要法醫, 一起進行觀察數據, 他們會進行綜合分析。
94.And then they decide what to do in the real physical autopsy after that.
之後,他們決定在實際的屍檢過程中應該如何操作。

95.Now looking at a few cases, here's one of the first cases that we had.
現在我們看一些案例, 這是我們第一批案例的其中之一。
96.You can really see the details of the data set.
你們可以看到數據群的細節;
97.It's very high-resolution, and it's our algorithms that allow us to zoom in on all the details.
清晰度非常高。 我們採用的演算法 讓我們可以把細節放大。
98.And again, it's fully interactive, so you can rotate and you can look at things in real time on these systems here.
它完全受你控制, 你可以翻轉,在這些設備上 進行實時觀察。
99.Without saying too much about this case, this is a traffic accident, a drunk driver hit a woman.
案情就不多說了, 這是一起交通意外, 一個司機酒後駕車撞倒了一位女士。
100.And it's very, very easy to see the damages on the bone structure.
我們可以很清晰地看到她骨頭所受的損傷。
101.And the cause of death is the broken neck.
頸骨斷裂導致死亡。
102.And this women also ended up under the car, so she's quite badly beaten up by this injury.
這位女士被車輪碾壓, 所以她的頸部 受到了嚴重損傷。
103.Here's another case, a knifing.
這是另一個案例,受害人被刀刺死。
104.And this is also again showing us what we can do.
這也展示了我們的技術。
105.It's very easy to look at metal artifacts that we can show inside of the body.
我們能夠輕易地讓人體內的人造金屬物體 顯現出來。
106.You can also see some of the artifacts from the teeth -- that's actually the filling of the teeth -- but because I've set the functions to show me metal
大家可以看到死者牙齒裡的人造物-- 實際上是補牙的填充物-- 我設定了顯示金屬的功能,

107.and make everything else transparent.
所以身體其它部位都變得透明瞭。
108.Here's another violent case. This really didn't kill the person.
這是另外一宗暴力案件。這一處不是致命傷。
109.The person was killed by stabs in the heart, but they just deposited the knife by putting it through one of the eyeballs.
致命的幾刀捅進了心臟, 兇手最後 把刀插進死者一隻眼球裡。
110.Here's another case.
這是另一個案子。
111.It's very interesting for us to be able to look at things like knife stabbings.
研究刀傷 是很有意思的。
112.Here you can see that knife went through the heart.
大家可以看到那把刀穿過了心臟。
113.It's very easy to see how air has been leaking from one part to another part, which is difficult to do in a normal, standard, physical autopsy.
我們可以很清楚地看到 空氣從一頭穿進另一頭, 這在實地的常規標準屍檢中是很難看到的。
114.So it really, really helps the criminal investigation to establish the cause of death, and in some cases also directing the investigation in the right direction
在刑事案件的偵察中, 這對確定死者死因 幫助非常大, 在一些案件中,還能協助案件調查,
115.to find out who the killer really was.
找到兇手。
116.Here's another case that I think is interesting.
這裡還有一個很有意思的案例。
117.Here you can see a bullet that has lodged just next to the spine on this person.
你們看那顆子彈, 它射在這人的脊椎骨上。
118.And what we've done is that we've turned the bullet into a light source, so that bullet is actually shining, and it makes it really easy to find these fragments.
我們所做的是,把這顆子彈,處理成一個光源, 這樣子彈是發光的, 這樣便於我們找到這些碎片。
119.During a physical autopsy, if you actually have to dig through the body to find these fragments, that's actually quite hard to do.

在進行肉體解剖時, 想要翻遍身體各個部位去尋找那些碎片, 是非常困難的。
120.One of the things that I'm really, really happy to be able to show you here today is our virtual autopsy table.
今天我非常高興,能夠想大家展示 這樣一個設備, 那就是我們的模擬屍檢臺。
121.It's a touch device that we have developed based on these algorithms, using standard graphics GPUs.
我們根據前期的演算法,使用圖形處理器 開發出了這個觸控設備。
122.It actually looks like this, just to give you a feeling for what it looks like.
這就是這臺儀器, 讓大家看看它大致的樣子。
123.It really just works like a huge iPhone.
它使用起來就像一個巨型iPhone手機。
124.So we've implemented all the gestures you can do on the table, and you can think of it as an enormous touch interface.
你可以在這臺儀器上 做任何的動作, 你可以把它看成一個巨大的觸屏。
125.So if you were thinking of buying an iPad, forget about it. This is what you want instead.
如果你在考慮買一個iPad平板電腦, 趕緊打住;這才是你真正想要的。
126.Steve, I hope you're listening to this, all right.
史蒂夫(蘋果公司CEO),你可聽好啦。
127.So it's a very nice little device.
這才是個非常實用的小儀器。
128.So if you have the opportunity, please try it out.
如果有機會,你一定要試試。
129.It's really a hands-on experience.
這手感可是一流的。
130.So it gained some traction, and we're trying to roll this out and trying to use it for educational purposes, but also, perhaps in the future,
它引起了不小的轟動,我們也在努力推廣這個技術, 努力把它運用在教學當中, 但是,也許在將來,

131.in a more clinical situation.
我們會更多地將它運用在臨床醫學上。
132.There's a YouTube video that you can download and look at this, if you want to convey the information to other people about virtual autopsies.
你可以從YouTube網上下載這個視頻, 如果你有意,可以把模擬屍檢的信息 介紹給其他人。
133.Okay, now that we're talking about touch, let me move on to really "touching" data.
好的,既然我們談到了“手感”, 那我就讓大家看看一些真正有“手感”的數據。
134.And this is a bit of science fiction now, so we're moving into really the future.
目前這還只能算是科學幻想, 因為我們現在要去到未來。
135.This is not really what the medical doctors are using right now, but I hope they will in the future.
現在的醫生還沒有開始使用這些技術, 但是我希望他們未來可以用上。
136.So what you're seeing on the left is a touch device.
大家看到屏幕左邊的是一個觸控裝置。
137.It's a little mechanical pen that has very, very fast step motors inside of the pen.
這是一支機械筆, 在這支筆裡裝有高速步進電機。
138.And so I can generate a force feedback.
我可以用它觸發力反饋。
139.So when I virtually touch data, it will generate forces in the pen, so I get a feedback.
當我觸碰模擬數據時, 這支筆會發出反作用力,於是我得到了反饋。
140.So in this particular situation, it's a scan of a living person.
我們看一下這個案例, 這是一個活人的掃描數據。
141.I have this pen, and I look at the data, and I move the pen towards the head, and all of a sudden I feel resistance.
我拿著這支筆,看著數據, 把筆伸進他的頭部, 突然間,我感到了反作用力,

142.So I can feel the skin.
我能觸到皮膚,
143.If I push a little bit harder, I'll go through the skin, and I can feel the bone structure inside.
如果再用點力, 就能穿過皮膚, 感覺到裡面的骨骼。
144.If I push even harder, I'll go through the bone structure, especially close to the ear where the bone is very soft.
再用點力,就穿過了骨骼, 從耳部附近插進去,這裡的骨頭很軟。
145.And then I can feel the brain inside, and this will be the slushy like this.
現在我觸碰到大腦了,感覺挺粘稠的。
146.So this is really nice.
這技術真是絕了。
147.And to take that even further, this is a heart.
更絕的還在後面,這是一顆心臟。
148.And this is also due to these fantastic new scanners, that just in 0.3 seconds, I can scan the whole heart, and I can do that with time resolution.
這些新型掃描儀真是太棒了, 僅在0.3秒之內 我就能把這整顆心臟掃描下來, 儀器的時間分辨率非常高。
149.So just looking at this heart, I can play back a video here.
請大家看這顆心臟, 我播放一段錄像。
150.And this is Karljohan, one of my graduate students who's been working on this project.
這是克里萬,我的一個研究生, 他正在研究這個項目。
151.And he's sitting there in front of the Haptic device, the force feedback system, and he's moving his pen towards the heart, and the heart is now beating in front of him,
他正在操作觸感儀器,也就是力反饋系統, 他正在用筆觸碰這顆心臟, 這顆心正在他面前跳動,
152.so he can see how the heart is beating.
他可以清楚地看到心臟跳動的情況。
153.He's taken the pen, and he's moving it towards the heart, and he's putting it on the heart, and then he feels the heartbeats from the real living patient.
他拿著筆,靠近心臟, 他正在拿筆觸碰心臟, 這樣,他可以感覺到一個患者活生生的心跳。

154.Then he can examine how the heart is moving.
然後他可以檢查心臟的動態。
155.He can go inside, push inside of the heart, and really feel how the valves are moving.
他還可以進入心臟, 感覺裡面瓣膜的動態。
156.And this, I think, is really the future for heart surgeons.
我認為這就是心臟外科手術。
157.I mean it's probably the wet dream for a heart surgeon to be able to go inside of the patient's heart before you actually do surgery,
我是說這能讓外科醫生做夢都偷笑, 因為你可以在動手術之前 先進入患者的心臟,
158.and do that with high-quality resolution data.
進行一次高清畫質的模擬手術。
159.So this is really neat.
這真是太美妙了。
160.Now we're going even further into science fiction.
現在我們看到的科幻技術更加超前。
161.And we heard a little bit about functional MRI.
大家應該聽說過功能性核磁共振成像技術。
162.Now this is really an interesting project.
這是一個很有意思的項目。
163.MRI is using magnetic fields and radio frequencies to scan the brain, or any part of the body.
核磁共振成像被運用磁場, 電波頻率 對大腦或身體其它部位進行掃描。
164.So what we're really getting out of this is information of the structure of the brain, but we can also measure the difference in magnetic properties of blood that's oxygenated
我們在用這個技術 獲取大腦結構的信息, 不僅如此,我們還能測量 血液在含氧以及缺氧的狀態下,
165.and blood that's depleted of oxygen.
其磁屬性的變化差異。
166.That means that it's possible to map out the activity of the brain.
這意味著我們有可能 將大腦活動的情況反映出來。

167.So this is something that we've been working on.
這是我們目前正在研發的項目。
168.And you just saw Motts the research engineer, there, going into the MRI system, and he was wearing goggles.
現在大家看到的是研發工程師馬茨 他正在通過核磁共振成像系統, 他戴著眼鏡。
169.So he could actually see things in the goggles.
從眼鏡裡他可以看到圖像。
170.So I could present things to him while he's in the scanner.
當他在受掃描的時候,我可以給他展示圖像。
171.And this is a little bit freaky, because what Motts is seeing is actually this.
這有點嚇人, 因為馬茨看到的是這個,
172.He's seeing his own brain.
他自己的大腦。
173.So Motts is doing something here, and probably he is going like this with his right hand, because the left side is activated on the motor cortex.
馬茨正在使用大腦的這個部分。 可能他正在用右手做這個動作, 因為他的左腦的運動皮層 正在興奮。
174.And then he can see that at the same time.
他可以看到同樣的圖像。
175.These visualizations are brand new.
這些成像技術都是最新的。
176.And this is something that we've been researching for a little while.
我們在這方面的研究已經進行了很長一段時間。
177.This is another sequence of Motts' brain.
這是馬茨大腦的另外一次活動。
178.And here we asked Motts to calculate backwards from 100.
我們讓馬茨從100開始倒數。
179.So he's going "100, 97, 94."
於是他開始“100, 97, 94”
180.And then he's going backwards.
這樣倒數。

181.And you can see how the little math processor is working up here in his brain and is lighting up the whole brain.
大家可以看到這個處理數學的指令讓他的大腦工作, 讓整個大腦都活躍起來了。
182.Well this is fantastic. We can do this in real time.
這絕了。我們能夠進行實時操作。
183.We can investigate things. We can tell him to do things.
我們可以進行測試。我們可以給他下指令。
184.You can also see that his visual cortex is activated in the back of the head, because that's where he's seeing, he's seeing his own brain.
大家還可以看到他的視覺皮層 在他後腦的部位興奮起來了。 這是因為他在看自己的大腦。
185.And he's also hearing our instructions when we tell him to do things.
他同時 也在聽我們的指示。
186.The signal is really deep inside of the brain as well, and it's shining through, because all of the data is inside this volume.
儘管信號處在大腦的深層部位, 但是它活躍部位可以顯現出來, 這是因為所有的數據都在其中了。
187.And in just a second here you will see -- okay, here. Motts, now move your left foot.
一會兒大家會看到-- 就是這裡。 馬茨,現在動一動你的左腳。
188.So he's going like this.
接著他開始動左腳。
189.For 20 seconds he's going like that, and all of a sudden it lights up up here.
持續了20秒鐘。 忽然,這個部位活躍了起來。
190.So we've got motor cortex activation up there.
這樣我們看到這裡的皮層運動區興奮起來。
191.So this is really, really nice, and I think this is a great tool.
這真的非常神奇。 我認為這是個絕妙的工具。
192.And connecting also with the previous talk here, this is something that we could use as a tool to really understand how the neurons are working, how the brain is working,
結合我之前提到的內容, 我們可以利用這樣的工具 去真正瞭解 神經元和大腦是如何工作的,

193.and we can do this with very, very high visual quality and very fast resolution.
我們的技術可以做出非常高的畫質 和極快的分辨率。
194.Now we're also having a bit of fun at the center.
現在我們在中心的工作變得很有意思了。
195.So this is a CAT scan -- Computer Aided Tomography.
這是一臺計算機輔助斷層掃“貓”儀(CAT)--
196.So this is a lion from the local zoo outside of Norrkoping in Kolmarden, Elsa.
這是一頭獅子 來自諾爾雪平當地的一家動物園。
197.So she came to the center, and they sedated her and then put her straight into the scanner.
她被送到中心, 注射了鎮定劑, 接著被放進這臺掃描儀裡。
198.And then, of course, I get the whole data set from the lion.
接著,我得到了這頭獅子的全套數據。
199.And I can do very nice images like this.
我能得出畫質非常高的圖像。
200.I can peel off the layer of the lion.
我可以把這頭獅子層層剝開。
201.I can look inside of it.
可以看到她身體內部的情況。
202.And we've been experimenting with this.
我們一直在做這方面的實驗。
203.And I think this is a great application for the future of this technology, because there's very little known about the animal anatomy.
我覺得在將來 會是非常有用的技術, 因為我們對動物解剖學知之甚少。
204.What's known out there for veterinarians is kind of basic information.
獸醫們所得到的信息不夠深入了。
205.We can scan all sorts of things, all sorts of animals.
我們可以對任何東西, 任何動物進行掃描。

206.The only problem is to fit it into the machine.
唯一的缺點是體積問題。
207.So here's a bear.
這是一頭熊。
208.It was kind of hard to get it in.
把它弄進這臺機器可真不容易。
209.And the bear is a cuddly, friendly animal.
這頭熊非常憨態可掬,也很友好。
210.And here it is. Here is the nose of the bear.
大家看,這是熊的鼻子。
211.And you might want to cuddle this one, until you change the functions and look at this.
你可能很想摸摸它, 但是當你改變效果,再看,
212.So be aware of the bear.
就得小心了。
213.So with that, I'd like to thank all the people who have helped me to generate these images.
至此, 我想要感謝 所有幫助我做出這些圖像的人們。
214.It's a huge effort that goes into doing this, gathering the data and developing the algorithms, writing all the software.
這是許多人的辛勞換來的, 他們收集數據,進行演算, 編寫軟件。
215.So, some very talented people.
感謝這些才華洋溢的工作人員。
216.My motto is always, I only hire people that are smarter than I am and most of these are smarter than I am.
我的人生信條是:我只僱用比我精明的人。 以上這些人大多都比我聰明。
217.So thank you very much.
非常感謝大家。/<code>

結束語

如果您需要本期音頻相關的學習資料,可以留言或私信回覆關鍵字:"20200321T09",系統會自動回覆您下載地址(內容包括:視頻+音頻+文稿),資料僅供個人學習使用。


分享到:


相關文章: