口語對話第九十一期:熬夜,開夜車

第一,迷你對話

A: You look sleepy. Have you been burning the midnight oil recently?

你看上去很疲倦,是最近一直熬夜吧?

B: Yes. I've been preparing for my finals.

是的,我一直在為期末考試做準備。

A: Well, you must have had adequate preparation.

那你一定準備得很充分了。

B: I can't say.

這可不敢說。

第二,地道表達

burn the midnight oil

1. 解詞釋義

Burn the midnight oil的意思是“(學習或工作)熬夜,開夜車”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. It looks like we'll have to burn the midnight oil again tonight.

看來我們今晚又要開夜車了。

e.g. The students often burn the midnight oil before a big exam.

學生們在大考之前總會開夜車學習。

e.g. I was up all night burning the midnight oil.

我開了一宿的夜車。

e.g. He’s been burning the midnight oil all week.

他已經開了一週的夜車了。

第三,視野拓展

have a preparation:準備

e.g. The teacher urged his students to have a preparation for the exam.

老師勸他的學生準備考試。

e.g. The teacher instructed the class to have a preparation for a test.

教師通知這一班學生準備測驗。


分享到:


相關文章: