餅哥英語口語900句 第三集“說重點”的英文表達


Topic 1

Coming to the point of the matter

說到事情的重點


1. Let me be perfectly clear.

讓我清楚地說一次。

2. Let’s call a spade a spade.

讓我們有話直說吧。

3. Let me spell it out for you.

我詳細地向你解釋一下。


call a spade a spade 實話實說,直言不諱

spell sth out 解釋清楚;詳細地說明

例1:

You can always trust Mary to call a spade a spade.

你總是可以相信Mary會直言不諱。

例2:

What do you mean you don't understand - do I have to spell it out for you?

你說你不明白是什麼意思——需要我詳細地向你解釋一下嗎?


餅哥英語口語900句 第三集“說重點”的英文表達

Topic 2

Requesting that the speaker get to the point

要求講話者說重點


4. What’s your point?

你的重點是什麼?

5. What’s the bottom line?

重點到底是什麼?

6. What are you trying to say?

你想表達什麼?


point 想法,意見;觀點

bottom line 最重要的因素

例1:

OK, you've made your point - there's no need to go on about it.

好,你已經表明了你的觀點,沒必要再多說了。

例2:

The bottom line is that it's not profitable.

最重要的是這無利可圖。

餅哥英語口語900句 第三集“說重點”的英文表達

Topic 3

Encouraging someone to speak plainly

讓某人說話樸實


7. Don't mince words.

不要矯飾言詞。

8. Don't beat around the bush.

不要拐彎抹角。

9. Put your cards on the table.

把你的想法和盤托出。


not mince (your) words 直截了當地說

beat around the bush 說話轉彎抹角, 兜圈子

put/lay your cards on the table 把想法和盤托出


例1:

The report does not mince words

, describing the situation as "ludicrous".

這篇報道沒有婉轉措辭,而是直接把事態描述為“荒唐”。

例2:

Don't beat around the bush - get to the point!

別兜圈子了——有話直說!

例3:

I thought it was time I laid my cards on the table, so I told him that I had no intention of marrying him.

我覺得到攤牌的時候了,於是就告訴了他我並不打算嫁給他。


分享到:


相關文章: