09.05 課堂學不到的英語口語表達!

1. I was like,“what?!”

口語中用來表達某人的一種反應,比如說的話或思想活動。

He was like, "hold on, wait for me!"

他說,等下,等等我。

2. That takes guts!

做某事需要勇氣。guts本意是內臟,引申為膽量。

Being a police officer takes guts, for sure.

顯然,當警察很需要勇氣。

3. All right, so much for that one...

人們放棄做一件事或者努力泡湯的時候經常說的一句話。

It's already ten thirty? So much for getting an early start!

都十點半了!得了,不用想早起的事了。

Oh no! He saw us? So much for keeping it a surprise!

哦,他看見我們了? 好吧,什麼驚喜都沒了。

課堂學不到的英語口語表達!

4. We nail it!

圓滿完成某件事或說的非常正確。nail本意是釘釘子。

That's so true. He nailed it!

確實如此,他的觀點一針見血。

注:kill it 也可以指事情完成得超乎意料得好。

He has been killing it!

幹得漂亮!

5. I knew you'd give me a hard time about it!

跟某人過不去,嘲笑某人,難為某人。

When I was growing up , the other kids used to give me a hard time because my weight. But I just tried to ignore them.

小時候由於我的體重,其他的孩子一直在取笑我,但是我儘量不理他們。

6. I might be 90 years old, but I'm still young at heart!

也許……但是……,可以用來委婉地否定別人的觀點。

Paris might be popular, but I don't want to live there.

巴黎可能是一個很受歡迎的地方,但是我不想住在那裡。

7. I couldn't agree more.

“不能更同意”,表示強烈同意對方的觀點。

強烈不同意也能說couldn't disagree more

I couldn’t agree more.

完全贊同。

8. Just do it already!

趕緊的做某事!這個短語一般都是在抱怨對方反應太慢,表現一種不耐煩的態度。

I've been hearing about this girl for weeks. Just ask her out already!

我聽你念叨這個姑娘已經好幾周了,求你快約她吧!

9. Strangely enough, I just bought a bike.

遇到巧合或驚訝的事時的表達,可以翻譯為真巧、真稀奇。

如果你和小李同時找到了新工作,就可以說:

Strangely enough, I just got a new job as well.

真巧,我也剛找到一份新工作。

10. Could you give me a few pointers?

給某人一些建議。Pointer指建議、提示、線索。

You're not holding that quite right. Do you want me to give you a few pointers?

你握的方式不太對,你要我給你一些建議嗎?

11. Yeah, it's decent.

不錯,挺好的。

This soup isn't bad at all!

Yeah, it's decent.

這湯味道還不錯嘛!

嗯,挺好的。

課堂學不到的英語口語表達!

12. Who are you to talk?

表示某人沒有資格發表意見或批評別人,因為他/她自己也做得不夠好。

Who are you to talk? You're just as messy as me.

你有啥資格說我?你跟我一樣邋遢。

13. Is it just me, or is it hot in here?

這是一種委婉的抱怨,一般都是在看對方是否有同樣的意見。

Is it just me, or are these seats even more cramped than normal?

是隻有我一個人這麼覺得麼,這個座位是不是比一般的更擠啊?

14. Did I leave my book at your place, by any chance?

口語中常用這一表達來詢問是否有某種可能。

Are you by any chance free tonight?

你今晚有沒有空呀?

15. The last thing I want is to hurt you.

我最不願意做的事情就是……

The last thing I want is to cause an argument on your birthday, but this is a serious problem.

我很不想在你的生日爭吵,但這是一個很嚴重的問題。

16. Are tomatoes still in season?

表示某種蔬果是當季的。

I think pears are in season soon.

我覺得吃梨的季節要到了。

也可以說It's... season:

It's strawberry season. We should go pick some at the farm down the road.

到了吃草莓的季節了。我可以去農場採摘草莓了。

課堂學不到的英語口語表達!

17. Don't get all impatient.

在口語表達中,形容詞前加一個all,可以增強感情色彩,通常是表達負面情緒。

He gave me his old computer, but it's all old and crappy.

他把自己的舊電腦給我用,但是那電腦又老又破。

18. Summer will be over before you know it.

表示事情過得非常快。

Before you know it, you'll be finished with school.

很快的,你就會畢業了。

19. I've never gotten into baseball for some reason.

對某事感興趣。

I've been getting into history lately.

我近來對歷史大感興趣。

20. Man! You're on fire!

本意是著火了,引申意是指人的狀態特別好。

Lewandowski is on fire, scoring five goals in nine minutes.

Lewandowski狀態神勇,在短短九分鐘內就打進五顆球。

21. I find it hard to relate to him sometimes.

理解、接受某人某事,與之有同感、有共鳴。

I can relate to this story. Same thing happened to me.

我對這個故事非常有共鳴,同樣的事情也發生在我身上過。

22. I report to John.

向某人彙報,這一表達常用來說明某人的直接上司是誰。

Jane reports to the Sales Manager.

Jane的直接領導是銷售經理.

在某人手下幹活,就可以說work under:

Do you still work under John?

你的領導還是John嗎?

23. You bet!

意思是“You can bet money on that”(你可以壓錢賭一把),說明你完全同意對方的觀點、提議等。

Are you coming to the party?

趴體你會來吧?

You bet!

當然來!

May I borrow your hammer?

可以借你的錘子用下麼?

You bet!

當然!

24. Good thinking! That would be great.

好主意,跟good idea同意。

Why don't we take a rest?

我們休息一下吧?

Good thinking.

好主意。

25. It's way past your bedtime!

Way相當於"far",這個表達是遠遠超過某個點的意思。

There's no use apologizing now. We're way past that point.

現在道歉已經沒意義了。太晚了。(表示你絕對不會原諒他了……)

26. What? That's nuts!

Nuts是非常口語化的表達,表示“crazy”瘋了。

We hiked 45 miles in two days.

我們兩天徒步走了45英里。

Whoa, that's nuts! Really?

哇~太瘋狂了!真的嗎?

課堂學不到的英語口語表達!

27. Oh, that sucks!

在談論糟糕的、讓人失望的、不幸的事情時,人們常用這個表達。正式場合慎用。

My computer sucks! I need to get a new one.

我的電腦糟糕透了!我要買個新的。

28. So, what's your story?

人們常用這一表達來詢問不太熟悉的人的信息。相當於說, "Tell me more about that person",再說說那人的情況吧。

You know that guy you introduced me to at your party? What's his story?

你在派對上介紹我認識的那個人,你很熟嗎?跟我說說他吧?

如果你對某人說,what's your story?意思就是讓對方自我介紹一下。

29. I didn't mean to walk in on you.

走進一個地方打擾了裡面的人或正在進行的事,通常是些尷尬的事……

Someone walked in on me while I was in the bathroom.

我在浴室的時候突然有人走進來……

30. He's around fiftyish, I'd say.

口語中,在一個詞後面加-ish,就等於說"a little bit" ,"kind of",給人一種大約的、模糊的、不確定的感覺。

Come over at 12-ish.

12點左右過來。

That color is blue-ish.

顏色是類似藍色的那種。

銀川海派英語學校,專業教授英語學習

地址:銀川市金鳳區瑞銀財富中心B座18樓


分享到:


相關文章: