口語對話第七十九期:洗耳恭聽

第一,迷你對話

A: Jack, what are you doing? Listen to me carefully, please.

Jack, 你在做什麼?請認真聽我說。

B: Why, I am all ears.

怎麼愛戀,我在全神貫注地聽著了。

A: That's all right. Can you answer my question?

那很好,你能回到我的問題嗎?

B: Certainly, just go ahead.

當然可以,請問吧。

第二,地道表達

be all ears

1. 解詞釋義

Be all ears的意思是“全神貫注地”“洗耳恭聽”的意思。其英文解釋為:to be ready and eager to hear what one has to say。

2. 拓展範例

E.g. Tell me about your first day at the new job—I'm all ears.

告訴我你第一天新的工作工作的情況,我洗耳恭聽。

E.g. If anybody spoke of that grisly matter, I was all ears in a moment.

如果誰談起那件可怕的事情,我馬上就會聚精會神地聽起來。

E.g. The children were all ears when Granny told them stories.

奶奶講故事的時候,孩子們都全神貫注地聽著。

E.g. Go on with your story; I am all ears.

繼續講你的故事,我洗耳恭聽。

第三,好詞妙語

go ahead:進行

E.g. We decided to go ahead anyway.

我們決定無論如何要幹下去。

E.g. She decided to go ahead on her own.

她決定依靠自己的力量幹下去。

E.g. The building of the new bridge will go ahead as planned.

新橋的修建將按計畫進行。


分享到:


相關文章: