Am I supposed to be impressed?你想用這個打動我嗎?



Gabrielle: "They're charging you with a hate crime?"

他們以仇視性犯罪起訴你?

charge sb. with sth.因.....指控某人.....

Carlos: "You remember when our cable guy was beaten up? That was me. I thought you were cheating with him."

還記得那個電視修理工被揍得事嗎?那是我乾的。我以為你跟他有一腿。

Gabrielle: "With our gay cable guy?"

跟一個修電視的同性戀?

Carlos: "I didn't know he was gay. I didn't know Justin was either. Now the cops think I'm some kind of serial gay basher."

我不知道他是同性戀。我也不知道賈斯汀也是同性戀。現在警察認為我虐待性戀同。。

Gabrielle: "Well, you sort of are."

你是有點。

Carlos: " You provoked me. You were pretending to have an affair just to punish me."

都是你害的。你為了報復我,讓我覺得你有外遇。

provoke v. 激起; 引起; 引發; 挑釁

Gabrielle: "Well, obviously."

沒錯啊。

Carlos: "So now, I need you to lie again. I need you to tell the cops you were having an affair and that I just beat up the wrong guy. Guys ."

喲一你得幫我撒個謊,告訴警察你有外遇我想教訓一下那傢伙,只是找錯人了。兩次都找錯人。

Gabrielle: "I am not lying for you, Carlos."

我不會為你撒謊的。

Carlos: "Gabby, if this charge sticks, I get sent away for eight years."

加布,如果我背上這個罪名,我就要坐8年牢

charge n. 指控; 控告

stick vi. 釘住;堅持,遵守;粘貼;生效,起作用

Gabrielle: "Am I supposed to be impressed? Because of your little stunt with my birth control pills, I've lost my freedom for the next eighteen years."

你想用這個說動我嗎?因為你對我的避孕藥動手腳,往後的十八年我都不得消停。

“be supposed to” 的意思是:應該。

“ be impressed”的意思是“感到印象深刻,被...打動"

be stunt n. 愚蠢行為; 危險舉動

Carlos: "Gabby please don't do this. Gabby, don't walk away. Gabby!"

加布,別這樣,加布,別走。


分享到:


相關文章: