口語對話第八十期:打扮的花枝招展

第一, 迷你對話

A: I saw her the moment I came in. she smiled at me.

我剛進來就看到了她,她對著我微笑。

B: It seems that she is fond of you.

看上去他喜歡你了。

A: She is lovely. When she gets dolled up, she is really beautiful.

她非常可愛,打扮起來還真是漂亮。

B: Yeah. Shall I introduce you to her?

是呀,要不要我幫你介紹認識。

A: You know her?

你認識她?

B: Of course. She is my cousin.

當然,她是我表妹。

第二, 地道表達

get dolled up

1. 解詞釋義

dolled up的意思為“打扮得漂漂亮亮的,花枝招展的”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. She was all dolled up as though she were going to a formal dinner party.

她穿得花枝招展好像是要去參加正式宴會。

e.g. We went to the theatre all dolled up but most of the audience were in casual clothes.

我們都穿著盛裝去戲院,但大多數觀眾卻身著便裝。

e.g. She was dolled up in jewels.

她打扮得珠光寶氣。

e.g. I'm going to get dolled up for the party.

我馬上好好打扮一下去參加聚會。

第三, 咬文嚼字

smile at sb. :對某人微笑

e.g. Then he came to himself, and forced himself to smile at her in reply.

他連忙定一定神,勉強地回答她一笑。

e.g. Miss Giover bounced out of the room with a smile at Mrs. Branderton that was almost ghastly.

格洛弗小姐向布蘭德頓夫人投以幾乎是嚇人的一笑,便快步走了出去。

be found of:喜歡,鍾愛

e.g. She has always been found of art.

她對藝術一直是感興趣。

e.g. She is found of collecting stamps.

她喜歡集郵。


分享到:


相關文章: