減肥,如何吃才能瘦下來?

演講標題:Intermittent Fasting_ Transformational Technique

作者:Cynthia Thurlow

減肥,如何吃才能瘦下來?

What if I told you that breakfast being the most important meal of the day

如果我告訴你,早餐是一天中最重要的一餐

was wrong?

這個觀念是錯的,你怎麼想?

What if I told you it is more important when you eat than what you eat?

如果我告訴你,吃東西的時間比吃什麼更重要,你怎麼想?

Perhaps much of the nutritional dogma that we've been raised with

或許伴隨我們長大的,許多關於營養的教條

is now outdated,

都已經過時了,

like snacking all day long and eating many meals.

例如整天只吃零食和一日多餐

Over the next few minutes, I plan to discuss with you

接下來的幾分鐘裡,我打算和你們分享,

what I believe to be the most profoundly transformational concept and strategy as it pertains to health and aging.

關於健康與抗老化的觀念和策略中,最突破性的改變

Over the last 20 years,

在過去的20年裡,

as a nurse practitioner and a functional nutritionist,

做為一個執業護士和功能營養學家,

I've seen tremendous shifts,

我看到了一些巨大的轉變

tremendous shifts in health and wellness:

在身心靈健康上的巨大轉變:

escalating rates of obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease -

節節上升的肥胖、糖尿病和心血管疾病的比例,

many of which are preventable.

其中有很多是可避免的

The choices we make in terms of nutrition

我們在飲食上的選擇

are profoundly impactful on our health,

對健康有極大的影響,

more than most of us realize.

遠高於大部分人理解的程度

During my training as a nurse practitioner many years ago,

多年前,在我執業護士的受訓期間,

the dominant nutritional paradigm was exercise more, eat less.

主流的理想飲食典範是少吃多運動

I've found this to be profoundly ineffective for most, if not all, of my female patients.

我發現這對我大部分的病人、幾乎是所有女性的病人都沒用

The concept of "calories-in, calories-out" alone is just not effective.

“熱量攝取與熱量消耗”這個概念本身是不足的

Many of the things that I work with, with my female patients

我和女性病患探討比較多的,

really focus on the connection between our lifestyle choices

其實是著重於生活形態的選擇

and how that impacts healthy aging and weight gain.

和其對健康老化及體重增長的關聯

I do not believe, nor do I support, the limiting belief

我不相信、也不支持這種受限的觀念:

that women have to accept weight gain as a normal function of aging.

女性必須接受體重隨著年齡上升而增加,

The National Health and Nutrition Exam Survey,

全國健康與營養體檢調查

which looks at data with regard to children and adults

對兒童和成人進行了一些調查分析,

in terms of their nutrition and escalating obesity rates,

主要針對飲食習慣和肥胖率的攀升,

compares what went on in the 1970s,

相較於1970年代,

where most Americans consumed three meals a day

當時大部分美國人一天吃三餐、

and no snacks;

不吃零食;

fast forward to today,

快轉到今日,

most of what we are doing as Americans is eating three meals a day

大部分美國人一天還是吃三餐,

and snacking all day long.

但是整天都在吃零食

Really.

真的

And so one of the things that starts to happen

所以目前正發生的其中一件事情,

when healthcare providers are telling our patients

就是醫療機構告訴我們的病患

that we need to eat all day long -

整天都必須吃東西的這個觀念

it's wrong.

是錯誤的

Eating all day long overtaxes our pancreas and our digestive system.

整日進食會對我們的胰臟,以及消化系統帶來額外的負擔

It overtaxes it so much that it cannot work properly.

這些額外負擔讓它們無法正常運作

And if it cannot work properly, we cannot absorb our food

而當它們無法正常運作,就無法吸收食物

or the nutrients in that food.

或是食物中的養分

Another really important distinction when it comes to meal frequency,

關於用餐頻率,或是我們吃東西的頻率,

or how frequently we're eating,

所造成的另一個關鍵差異

is the debate over sugar burners versus fat burners.

食糖類消耗者和脂肪消耗者的區別

And when we're talking about that,

當我們提到這個時,

a sugar burner is someone that consumes lots of carbohydrates

糖類消耗者指的是可以消耗許多碳水化合物,

and taps into glucose as their primary fuel source,

利用葡萄糖做為主要能量來源的人,

which is incredibly inefficient.

這方式非常沒有效率

If you recognize these individuals:

你可以辨別出這種人:

They are frequently hungry.

他們總是處在飢餓狀態、

They often get hangry.

容易因飢餓而易怒

They have - yes - significant dips in their energy level.

他們的能量水平有很大的下降

They struggle more with fat loss, and they struggle more with their weight

他們減脂或減重會遇到更大的困難,

because insulin levels are high.

因為他們胰島素水平過高

Insulin is that fat-storing hormone.

胰島素就是造成脂肪囤積的激素

So if levels remain high, we have more oxidative stress;

所以如果胰島素水平高,氧化壓力就高;

we have more inflammation;

發炎程度也比較高;

and we struggle more with weight gain.

體重就更容易上升

In sharp contrast to this are fat burners.

與此呈現對比的則是脂肪消耗者

They tap into fat stores for energy;

他們利用脂肪做為能量來源;

they have sustained energy;

他們能更穩定能量消耗;

they are much more clear cognitively;

認知上也更清晰

they don't get hangry;

他們不容易因飢餓而易怒;

it's easier for them to lose weight

他們要減重更容易,

because they tap into those fat stores;

因為他們更能消耗身體裡囤積的脂肪

they sleep better; and they age more slowly.

他們睡得更好,而且老化速度更慢

So meal timing and how frequently we are eating - it's absolutely crucial.

所以用餐的時間點,以及我們進食的頻率至關重要

Absolutely crucial.

至關重要

Let's talk about some statistics as they pertain to women

我們來談談一些在女性身上的統計數據,

and healthy aging.

還有健康老化的數據

So we know two-thirds of women 40-50 years of age are overweight,

我們知道有三分之二40至50歲的女性有過重問題,

and more than half are obese.

超過一半是可列為肥胖

How do we proactively address this statistic

在沒有快速的解決方案下,

without quick fixes?

我們如何主動處理這些數字?

It makes me want to cry

有件事情讓我很想哭,

when my female patients would prefer I write them a prescription

就是我的女性病患寧願我開藥給她們

than work on changing their diet,

也不願改變她們的飲食習慣、

more exercise,

做更多運動、

other lifestyle changes.

或改變生活習慣

Women in their 50s and 60s gain an average of 1.5 pounds per year.

50、60歲的女性每年平均增加1.5磅的體重

Per year. That's average.

每一年都增加,這是平均值

And some of this is attributable to things like hormonal fluctuations,

其中一部分是因為荷爾蒙的波動,

women having less lean muscle mass than their male counterparts,

或是女性的肌肉比男性少、

sleep disturbances and mood disorders.

睡不好和情緒不穩定

However, there are strategies we can use to help offset this.

然而,有一些方法可以幫助我們抵消這些因素

So folks, I want you to save your money

所以大家,我希望你們省下你的錢,

on potions and powders and supplements that are not long-term solutions.

別再買那些藥水、粉末和補充品,這些不會是長效解藥

I've got a better idea.

我有個更好的方法

And I'm going to tell you about it.

我打算現在就告訴你們

I've got a better idea.

我有個更好的方法

There are lots of strategies that I use with my female patients,

我和女性病患試過許多方法,

but none more powerful than intermittent fasting.

但沒有任何一種方法比間歇性斷食更有效

Intermittent fasting can help fuel fat loss

間歇性斷食能幫助我們減掉更多脂肪,

as well as many other benefits that I'll talk more about in a second.

還有許多其他好處,我馬上就要告訴你們

But it also can improve interpersonal relationships

而這個方法還能改善你的人際關係

and self-esteem.

和自尊心

And for many women, this permits them -

對許多女性而言,這是個妙方

it's the magic bullet that allows them to gain back their former selves.

讓她們可以重拾過去的自我

Really powerful.

非常強而有力

And the really cool thing about intermittent fasting

間歇性斷食最棒的是

is it's free,

完全免費、

it's flexible and it's simple.

很彈性,又很簡單

You take nothing else away.

你沒有任何損失

Free. Flexible. Simple.

免費、彈性、簡單

So let's talk about intermittent fasting.

我們來談談間歇性斷食

It is the absence of food during a prescribed time period.

基本上就是在特定的一段時間內完全不吃任何食物

You exist either in a fed or a fasted state.

只有進食和斷食兩個階段

I'm sure for many of you, you had breakfast this morning.

我很肯定很多人今天都有吃早餐

So when you eat, insulin is secreted by the pancreas

當你們吃了東西,胰臟分泌胰島素,

to move sugar into the cells.

將糖搬進你的細胞裡

We store the bulk of our sugar in our liver and our skeletal muscle.

我們會將糖囤積在肝臟和骨骼肌內

But when we exceed those storage sites,

但超過能夠囤積的量,

we store it as fat.

就會轉換成脂肪囤積

When we're fasted, insulin levels are low

當我們斷食時,胰島素水平會降低,

and we can tap into fat stores for energy.

此時身體就會利用囤積的脂肪來當能量

Free. Flexible. Simple.

免費、彈性、簡單

And so, when we're talking about intermittent fasting, it's fairly simple.

所以當談到間歇性斷食時,一切都很簡單

If you skip breakfast -

如果你不吃早餐,

If you skip breakfast in the morning,

早上不吃早餐,

you can reduce your caloric intake by 20 to 40 percent.

可以降低20%至40%的熱量攝取

And the typical time frame that I recommend to my female patients

而我建議女性病患的標準時間表

is a 16:8.

是16比8

Sixteen hours a day fasted with an eight-hour feeding window.

每天16小時斷食,並在8小時內進食完畢

I know that seems a little overwhelming at first,

我知道一開始這聽起來有點嚇人,

but I'll give you some strategies for how you go about doing that.

但我會告訴你們可以執行的方法

So, the 20-40 percent reduction in calories

所以,20%至40%的熱量降低

means that you can fuel fat loss.

代表你可以消耗更多脂肪

So what are some of the benefits other than fat loss -

除了降低脂肪之外,還有什麼好處?

fat loss and especially visceral fat around our abdomens,

尤其是減少腹部附近的內臟脂肪

around our major organs?

以及主要器官附近的脂肪

We know that it improves mental clarity because insulin levels are low.

我們知道胰島素水平低,還可以讓我們的思緒更清晰

We know that it spikes human growth hormone,

我們知道這樣可以刺激人體制造荷爾蒙,

which helps us with lean muscle mass.

讓肌肉變得更緊實

We know that it induces something called autophagy -

我們知道它會引發一種叫做細胞自噬的機制

I will speak more about this in a second.

這個我待會解釋

But this is spring cleaning for the cells.

但這就是細胞的大掃除,

It is only evoked when we are fasted.

只有在斷食的時候才會發生

Autophagy.

細胞自噬

We know that it lowers insulin levels,

我們知道它會降低胰島素水平、

blood pressure,

血壓、

improves our cholesterol profile.

改善我們的膽固醇狀態

And we know that it can reduce your risk for developing cancer

我們知道它可以降低罹患癌症和阿茲海默症風險,

and Alzheimer's disease, which I like to call type 3 diabetes.

我喜歡稱後者為第三型糖尿病

If, for no other reason, we want to protect our brains.

如果這些好處還不夠,它還能保護我們的大腦

As wonderful a strategy as this is, it is not for everyone.

即使這個方法這麼棒,並不是所有人都適用

I'm going to talk briefly

我接下來要簡單說說

about the individuals that want to avoid this strategy.

不適用這個方法的有哪些人

First and foremost, if you are a brittle diabetic,

第一也是最主要的,如果你是脆弱性糖尿病患者,

or you have difficult-to-control diabetes;

或是有難以控制的糖尿病;

if you are a child, an adolescent or age greater than 70 -

或是小孩、青少年或超過70歲的人;

might not be the best strategy;

這對你們來說不是最好的方法

if you are pregnant;

如果你現在懷孕;

if you have chronic heart issues, kidney or renal issues -

或是有慢性心臟、腎臟疾病,

not the best strategy.

這也不是最好的方法

If you have a history of a disordered relationship with food,

如果你曾有和食物相關的失調狀況,

whether it is anorexia, bulimia or binge eating -

不管是厭食症、暴食症或是狂食症,

might not be the best strategy because it can invoke those tendencies.

這都不是最好的方法,因為可能會喚起這些症狀

And last but not least, if you have a low body mass index,

最後也是最重要的,如果你的BMI指數低、

you're frail

身體比較虛弱,

or you've recently been in the hospital like I was for 13 days.

或是最近曾經住院,例如我才剛住院了13天,

I'm not currently intermittent fasting.

我現在就沒執行間歇性斷食

Now, everyone always asks,

現在,大家都會問,

Well, when you're fasting, we know we're not eating food,

斷食期間,我們都知道不能吃東西,

but you can absolutely consume things like filtered water, plain coffee or tea.

但絕對可以喝過濾水、黑咖啡或茶

They will not break your fast.

這些東西不會影響斷食

But when you're ready to eat, what do you eat?

但到了要吃東西的時間,要吃什麼?

Now, I would be remiss if I did not mention that there are foods

如果我沒告訴你該吃什麼,就是我的不對了

that are going to be more advantageous for you to consume

有些食物對你是非常好的,

when you're ready to break your fast.

讓你可以在斷食結束時吃

So I want you to focus on real whole foods.

我希望你能以原型食物為主

That's what your body needs, wants and deserves.

這是你的身體需要、想要,你也該攝取的東西

So I want you to purchase

預算允許的情況下,

the best quality protein that your budget permits.

我希望你們買最高品質的蛋白質

Ideally, organic or pastured meat, wild-caught fish.

比較理想的是有機或放牧的肉品、野生魚類

Healthy fats - so crucial -

還有健康的油品非常關鍵,

helpful for building healthy hormones

可以幫助身體制造健康的荷爾蒙,

and also really important for satiety -

對飽腹感來說也很重要,

making sure our taste buds light up,

還有喚醒我們的味蕾,

make us happy.

保持心情愉快

I'm not part of the anti-fat brigade.

我絕對不是反對油脂的那一派

Really, really important.

油脂非常非常重要

Twenty years ago, I might have told you not to eat fat,

20年前,我或許會告訴你避免油脂,

but now we know better.

但現在我們懂更多了

So I want you to focus on things like avocados,

所以我希望你們開始重視酪梨、

coconut oil, grass-fed butter and nuts - really great, healthy fats.

椰子油、草飼奶油、堅果等非常好、非常健康的油脂

Unprocessed carbohydrates.

未加工的碳水化合物

Ladies, absolutely crucial,

各位女士,這個非常重要

if you're in perimenopause, the five to seven years before menopause,

如果你現在是處於更年期前的5到7年,

or you're in menopause,

或是正處在更年期,

quality and quantity are crucial.

品質和攝取量是很重要的

So I want you to consume things like low-glycemic berries,

所以我希望你們多吃低糖指數的莓果、

green leafy vegetables, squash, quinoa, sweet potatoes

綠葉蔬菜、南瓜、藜麥、地瓜,

as opposed to bread and pasta.

而不是麵包和意大利麵

Cautionary tale: I want you to limit sugar and alcohol.

告誡一下:我希望你們限制糖和酒精的攝取

By that I mean, I want you to not consume those things

我的意思是,我希望你們別吃這些東西,

because they can offset all the good that you're doing.

因為它們會抵消掉你正在做的努力

And lastly, keep yourself well hydrated.

最後,好好保持水分

Now, I want to make sure that I briefly touch on

現在,我想確保我有稍微提及

some of the practical implications for how you would go about starting intermittent fasting.

如何開始間歇性斷食的一些實際做法

Generally, I have my ladies start with 12-13 hours of fasted period.

一般我會讓女性朋友從12至13小時的斷食區間開始

And they can slowly increase by an hour or so every day

然後她們可以每天慢慢增加一小時,

until they've reached that 16 hour mark.

直到16小時的斷食區間

Again, you want to keep yourself really well hydrated.

再次強調,你需要保持足夠水分

You can also have plain coffee or tea.

你也可以喝黑咖啡和茶

In addition to that, you want to ensure that you give it a solid 30 days

除此之外,你必須嚴格執行30天,

before you determine if it's the right strategy for you.

然後再決定這對你來說是不是好方法

And if you have chronic health conditions,

如果你有慢性疾病,

I want to make sure you discuss it with your healthcare provider.

我希望你和醫療機構充分討論

Really important.

這非常重要

And recognize it may take six to eight weeks

然後你得意識到,得要耗時6到8周的時間

to really see the full benefits of what you're doing.

才能真正看到它帶來的好處

The biggest pain point for my female patients is weight gain.

對我的女性病患來說,最大的痛苦正是體重增長

I have a fantastic strategy to help with this,

我有個非常好的方法可以解決它,

but I don't want you to buy into the next $50 container of protein powder

但我不希望你們再去買一罐50美元的蛋白粉

or the hottest weight loss supplement that's out there.

或是正在流行的減重產品

I want you to think about the fact this is a simple, flexible and free option

我希望你們思考一下,這是種簡單、彈性、免費,

that you can try at home,

而且你可以在家嘗試的選擇,

discuss with your healthcare provider if necessary.

需要的話可以和你的醫療機構討論

I really feel so passionately about this

這件事讓我非常熱衷,

because it's something that all of us should be discussing with our patients.

因為我覺得這是我們所有人都該和病患討論的事

Thank you.

謝謝大家


分享到:


相關文章: