减肥,如何吃才能瘦下来?

演讲标题:Intermittent Fasting_ Transformational Technique

作者:Cynthia Thurlow

减肥,如何吃才能瘦下来?

What if I told you that breakfast being the most important meal of the day

如果我告诉你,早餐是一天中最重要的一餐

was wrong?

这个观念是错的,你怎么想?

What if I told you it is more important when you eat than what you eat?

如果我告诉你,吃东西的时间比吃什么更重要,你怎么想?

Perhaps much of the nutritional dogma that we've been raised with

或许伴随我们长大的,许多关于营养的教条

is now outdated,

都已经过时了,

like snacking all day long and eating many meals.

例如整天只吃零食和一日多餐

Over the next few minutes, I plan to discuss with you

接下来的几分钟里,我打算和你们分享,

what I believe to be the most profoundly transformational concept and strategy as it pertains to health and aging.

关于健康与抗老化的观念和策略中,最突破性的改变

Over the last 20 years,

在过去的20年里,

as a nurse practitioner and a functional nutritionist,

做为一个执业护士和功能营养学家,

I've seen tremendous shifts,

我看到了一些巨大的转变

tremendous shifts in health and wellness:

在身心灵健康上的巨大转变:

escalating rates of obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease -

节节上升的肥胖、糖尿病和心血管疾病的比例,

many of which are preventable.

其中有很多是可避免的

The choices we make in terms of nutrition

我们在饮食上的选择

are profoundly impactful on our health,

对健康有极大的影响,

more than most of us realize.

远高于大部分人理解的程度

During my training as a nurse practitioner many years ago,

多年前,在我执业护士的受训期间,

the dominant nutritional paradigm was exercise more, eat less.

主流的理想饮食典范是少吃多运动

I've found this to be profoundly ineffective for most, if not all, of my female patients.

我发现这对我大部分的病人、几乎是所有女性的病人都没用

The concept of "calories-in, calories-out" alone is just not effective.

“热量摄取与热量消耗”这个概念本身是不足的

Many of the things that I work with, with my female patients

我和女性病患探讨比较多的,

really focus on the connection between our lifestyle choices

其实是着重于生活形态的选择

and how that impacts healthy aging and weight gain.

和其对健康老化及体重增长的关联

I do not believe, nor do I support, the limiting belief

我不相信、也不支持这种受限的观念:

that women have to accept weight gain as a normal function of aging.

女性必须接受体重随着年龄上升而增加,

The National Health and Nutrition Exam Survey,

全国健康与营养体检调查

which looks at data with regard to children and adults

对儿童和成人进行了一些调查分析,

in terms of their nutrition and escalating obesity rates,

主要针对饮食习惯和肥胖率的攀升,

compares what went on in the 1970s,

相较于1970年代,

where most Americans consumed three meals a day

当时大部分美国人一天吃三餐、

and no snacks;

不吃零食;

fast forward to today,

快转到今日,

most of what we are doing as Americans is eating three meals a day

大部分美国人一天还是吃三餐,

and snacking all day long.

但是整天都在吃零食

Really.

真的

And so one of the things that starts to happen

所以目前正发生的其中一件事情,

when healthcare providers are telling our patients

就是医疗机构告诉我们的病患

that we need to eat all day long -

整天都必须吃东西的这个观念

it's wrong.

是错误的

Eating all day long overtaxes our pancreas and our digestive system.

整日进食会对我们的胰脏,以及消化系统带来额外的负担

It overtaxes it so much that it cannot work properly.

这些额外负担让它们无法正常运作

And if it cannot work properly, we cannot absorb our food

而当它们无法正常运作,就无法吸收食物

or the nutrients in that food.

或是食物中的养分

Another really important distinction when it comes to meal frequency,

关于用餐频率,或是我们吃东西的频率,

or how frequently we're eating,

所造成的另一个关键差异

is the debate over sugar burners versus fat burners.

食糖类消耗者和脂肪消耗者的区别

And when we're talking about that,

当我们提到这个时,

a sugar burner is someone that consumes lots of carbohydrates

糖类消耗者指的是可以消耗许多碳水化合物,

and taps into glucose as their primary fuel source,

利用葡萄糖做为主要能量来源的人,

which is incredibly inefficient.

这方式非常没有效率

If you recognize these individuals:

你可以辨别出这种人:

They are frequently hungry.

他们总是处在饥饿状态、

They often get hangry.

容易因饥饿而易怒

They have - yes - significant dips in their energy level.

他们的能量水平有很大的下降

They struggle more with fat loss, and they struggle more with their weight

他们减脂或减重会遇到更大的困难,

because insulin levels are high.

因为他们胰岛素水平过高

Insulin is that fat-storing hormone.

胰岛素就是造成脂肪囤积的激素

So if levels remain high, we have more oxidative stress;

所以如果胰岛素水平高,氧化压力就高;

we have more inflammation;

发炎程度也比较高;

and we struggle more with weight gain.

体重就更容易上升

In sharp contrast to this are fat burners.

与此呈现对比的则是脂肪消耗者

They tap into fat stores for energy;

他们利用脂肪做为能量来源;

they have sustained energy;

他们能更稳定能量消耗;

they are much more clear cognitively;

认知上也更清晰

they don't get hangry;

他们不容易因饥饿而易怒;

it's easier for them to lose weight

他们要减重更容易,

because they tap into those fat stores;

因为他们更能消耗身体里囤积的脂肪

they sleep better; and they age more slowly.

他们睡得更好,而且老化速度更慢

So meal timing and how frequently we are eating - it's absolutely crucial.

所以用餐的时间点,以及我们进食的频率至关重要

Absolutely crucial.

至关重要

Let's talk about some statistics as they pertain to women

我们来谈谈一些在女性身上的统计数据,

and healthy aging.

还有健康老化的数据

So we know two-thirds of women 40-50 years of age are overweight,

我们知道有三分之二40至50岁的女性有过重问题,

and more than half are obese.

超过一半是可列为肥胖

How do we proactively address this statistic

在没有快速的解决方案下,

without quick fixes?

我们如何主动处理这些数字?

It makes me want to cry

有件事情让我很想哭,

when my female patients would prefer I write them a prescription

就是我的女性病患宁愿我开药给她们

than work on changing their diet,

也不愿改变她们的饮食习惯、

more exercise,

做更多运动、

other lifestyle changes.

或改变生活习惯

Women in their 50s and 60s gain an average of 1.5 pounds per year.

50、60岁的女性每年平均增加1.5磅的体重

Per year. That's average.

每一年都增加,这是平均值

And some of this is attributable to things like hormonal fluctuations,

其中一部分是因为荷尔蒙的波动,

women having less lean muscle mass than their male counterparts,

或是女性的肌肉比男性少、

sleep disturbances and mood disorders.

睡不好和情绪不稳定

However, there are strategies we can use to help offset this.

然而,有一些方法可以帮助我们抵消这些因素

So folks, I want you to save your money

所以大家,我希望你们省下你的钱,

on potions and powders and supplements that are not long-term solutions.

别再买那些药水、粉末和补充品,这些不会是长效解药

I've got a better idea.

我有个更好的方法

And I'm going to tell you about it.

我打算现在就告诉你们

I've got a better idea.

我有个更好的方法

There are lots of strategies that I use with my female patients,

我和女性病患试过许多方法,

but none more powerful than intermittent fasting.

但没有任何一种方法比间歇性断食更有效

Intermittent fasting can help fuel fat loss

间歇性断食能帮助我们减掉更多脂肪,

as well as many other benefits that I'll talk more about in a second.

还有许多其他好处,我马上就要告诉你们

But it also can improve interpersonal relationships

而这个方法还能改善你的人际关系

and self-esteem.

和自尊心

And for many women, this permits them -

对许多女性而言,这是个妙方

it's the magic bullet that allows them to gain back their former selves.

让她们可以重拾过去的自我

Really powerful.

非常强而有力

And the really cool thing about intermittent fasting

间歇性断食最棒的是

is it's free,

完全免费、

it's flexible and it's simple.

很弹性,又很简单

You take nothing else away.

你没有任何损失

Free. Flexible. Simple.

免费、弹性、简单

So let's talk about intermittent fasting.

我们来谈谈间歇性断食

It is the absence of food during a prescribed time period.

基本上就是在特定的一段时间内完全不吃任何食物

You exist either in a fed or a fasted state.

只有进食和断食两个阶段

I'm sure for many of you, you had breakfast this morning.

我很肯定很多人今天都有吃早餐

So when you eat, insulin is secreted by the pancreas

当你们吃了东西,胰脏分泌胰岛素,

to move sugar into the cells.

将糖搬进你的细胞里

We store the bulk of our sugar in our liver and our skeletal muscle.

我们会将糖囤积在肝脏和骨骼肌内

But when we exceed those storage sites,

但超过能够囤积的量,

we store it as fat.

就会转换成脂肪囤积

When we're fasted, insulin levels are low

当我们断食时,胰岛素水平会降低,

and we can tap into fat stores for energy.

此时身体就会利用囤积的脂肪来当能量

Free. Flexible. Simple.

免费、弹性、简单

And so, when we're talking about intermittent fasting, it's fairly simple.

所以当谈到间歇性断食时,一切都很简单

If you skip breakfast -

如果你不吃早餐,

If you skip breakfast in the morning,

早上不吃早餐,

you can reduce your caloric intake by 20 to 40 percent.

可以降低20%至40%的热量摄取

And the typical time frame that I recommend to my female patients

而我建议女性病患的标准时间表

is a 16:8.

是16比8

Sixteen hours a day fasted with an eight-hour feeding window.

每天16小时断食,并在8小时内进食完毕

I know that seems a little overwhelming at first,

我知道一开始这听起来有点吓人,

but I'll give you some strategies for how you go about doing that.

但我会告诉你们可以执行的方法

So, the 20-40 percent reduction in calories

所以,20%至40%的热量降低

means that you can fuel fat loss.

代表你可以消耗更多脂肪

So what are some of the benefits other than fat loss -

除了降低脂肪之外,还有什么好处?

fat loss and especially visceral fat around our abdomens,

尤其是减少腹部附近的内脏脂肪

around our major organs?

以及主要器官附近的脂肪

We know that it improves mental clarity because insulin levels are low.

我们知道胰岛素水平低,还可以让我们的思绪更清晰

We know that it spikes human growth hormone,

我们知道这样可以刺激人体制造荷尔蒙,

which helps us with lean muscle mass.

让肌肉变得更紧实

We know that it induces something called autophagy -

我们知道它会引发一种叫做细胞自噬的机制

I will speak more about this in a second.

这个我待会解释

But this is spring cleaning for the cells.

但这就是细胞的大扫除,

It is only evoked when we are fasted.

只有在断食的时候才会发生

Autophagy.

细胞自噬

We know that it lowers insulin levels,

我们知道它会降低胰岛素水平、

blood pressure,

血压、

improves our cholesterol profile.

改善我们的胆固醇状态

And we know that it can reduce your risk for developing cancer

我们知道它可以降低罹患癌症和阿兹海默症风险,

and Alzheimer's disease, which I like to call type 3 diabetes.

我喜欢称后者为第三型糖尿病

If, for no other reason, we want to protect our brains.

如果这些好处还不够,它还能保护我们的大脑

As wonderful a strategy as this is, it is not for everyone.

即使这个方法这么棒,并不是所有人都适用

I'm going to talk briefly

我接下来要简单说说

about the individuals that want to avoid this strategy.

不适用这个方法的有哪些人

First and foremost, if you are a brittle diabetic,

第一也是最主要的,如果你是脆弱性糖尿病患者,

or you have difficult-to-control diabetes;

或是有难以控制的糖尿病;

if you are a child, an adolescent or age greater than 70 -

或是小孩、青少年或超过70岁的人;

might not be the best strategy;

这对你们来说不是最好的方法

if you are pregnant;

如果你现在怀孕;

if you have chronic heart issues, kidney or renal issues -

或是有慢性心脏、肾脏疾病,

not the best strategy.

这也不是最好的方法

If you have a history of a disordered relationship with food,

如果你曾有和食物相关的失调状况,

whether it is anorexia, bulimia or binge eating -

不管是厌食症、暴食症或是狂食症,

might not be the best strategy because it can invoke those tendencies.

这都不是最好的方法,因为可能会唤起这些症状

And last but not least, if you have a low body mass index,

最后也是最重要的,如果你的BMI指数低、

you're frail

身体比较虚弱,

or you've recently been in the hospital like I was for 13 days.

或是最近曾经住院,例如我才刚住院了13天,

I'm not currently intermittent fasting.

我现在就没执行间歇性断食

Now, everyone always asks,

现在,大家都会问,

Well, when you're fasting, we know we're not eating food,

断食期间,我们都知道不能吃东西,

but you can absolutely consume things like filtered water, plain coffee or tea.

但绝对可以喝过滤水、黑咖啡或茶

They will not break your fast.

这些东西不会影响断食

But when you're ready to eat, what do you eat?

但到了要吃东西的时间,要吃什么?

Now, I would be remiss if I did not mention that there are foods

如果我没告诉你该吃什么,就是我的不对了

that are going to be more advantageous for you to consume

有些食物对你是非常好的,

when you're ready to break your fast.

让你可以在断食结束时吃

So I want you to focus on real whole foods.

我希望你能以原型食物为主

That's what your body needs, wants and deserves.

这是你的身体需要、想要,你也该摄取的东西

So I want you to purchase

预算允许的情况下,

the best quality protein that your budget permits.

我希望你们买最高品质的蛋白质

Ideally, organic or pastured meat, wild-caught fish.

比较理想的是有机或放牧的肉品、野生鱼类

Healthy fats - so crucial -

还有健康的油品非常关键,

helpful for building healthy hormones

可以帮助身体制造健康的荷尔蒙,

and also really important for satiety -

对饱腹感来说也很重要,

making sure our taste buds light up,

还有唤醒我们的味蕾,

make us happy.

保持心情愉快

I'm not part of the anti-fat brigade.

我绝对不是反对油脂的那一派

Really, really important.

油脂非常非常重要

Twenty years ago, I might have told you not to eat fat,

20年前,我或许会告诉你避免油脂,

but now we know better.

但现在我们懂更多了

So I want you to focus on things like avocados,

所以我希望你们开始重视酪梨、

coconut oil, grass-fed butter and nuts - really great, healthy fats.

椰子油、草饲奶油、坚果等非常好、非常健康的油脂

Unprocessed carbohydrates.

未加工的碳水化合物

Ladies, absolutely crucial,

各位女士,这个非常重要

if you're in perimenopause, the five to seven years before menopause,

如果你现在是处于更年期前的5到7年,

or you're in menopause,

或是正处在更年期,

quality and quantity are crucial.

品质和摄取量是很重要的

So I want you to consume things like low-glycemic berries,

所以我希望你们多吃低糖指数的莓果、

green leafy vegetables, squash, quinoa, sweet potatoes

绿叶蔬菜、南瓜、藜麦、地瓜,

as opposed to bread and pasta.

而不是面包和意大利面

Cautionary tale: I want you to limit sugar and alcohol.

告诫一下:我希望你们限制糖和酒精的摄取

By that I mean, I want you to not consume those things

我的意思是,我希望你们别吃这些东西,

because they can offset all the good that you're doing.

因为它们会抵消掉你正在做的努力

And lastly, keep yourself well hydrated.

最后,好好保持水分

Now, I want to make sure that I briefly touch on

现在,我想确保我有稍微提及

some of the practical implications for how you would go about starting intermittent fasting.

如何开始间歇性断食的一些实际做法

Generally, I have my ladies start with 12-13 hours of fasted period.

一般我会让女性朋友从12至13小时的断食区间开始

And they can slowly increase by an hour or so every day

然后她们可以每天慢慢增加一小时,

until they've reached that 16 hour mark.

直到16小时的断食区间

Again, you want to keep yourself really well hydrated.

再次强调,你需要保持足够水分

You can also have plain coffee or tea.

你也可以喝黑咖啡和茶

In addition to that, you want to ensure that you give it a solid 30 days

除此之外,你必须严格执行30天,

before you determine if it's the right strategy for you.

然后再决定这对你来说是不是好方法

And if you have chronic health conditions,

如果你有慢性疾病,

I want to make sure you discuss it with your healthcare provider.

我希望你和医疗机构充分讨论

Really important.

这非常重要

And recognize it may take six to eight weeks

然后你得意识到,得要耗时6到8周的时间

to really see the full benefits of what you're doing.

才能真正看到它带来的好处

The biggest pain point for my female patients is weight gain.

对我的女性病患来说,最大的痛苦正是体重增长

I have a fantastic strategy to help with this,

我有个非常好的方法可以解决它,

but I don't want you to buy into the next $50 container of protein powder

但我不希望你们再去买一罐50美元的蛋白粉

or the hottest weight loss supplement that's out there.

或是正在流行的减重产品

I want you to think about the fact this is a simple, flexible and free option

我希望你们思考一下,这是种简单、弹性、免费,

that you can try at home,

而且你可以在家尝试的选择,

discuss with your healthcare provider if necessary.

需要的话可以和你的医疗机构讨论

I really feel so passionately about this

这件事让我非常热衷,

because it's something that all of us should be discussing with our patients.

因为我觉得这是我们所有人都该和病患讨论的事

Thank you.

谢谢大家


分享到:


相關文章: