she feels very passionately about you."她對你用情很深


[John and Justin's Apartment]

(Bree and John sit facing each other in the living room.)

Bree: "She said that you broke up with her because she refused to have sex."

她說你分手是因為她拒絕做愛。

John: "Wow. Um, okay, here's the deal. I said that, but it was just an excuse. The truth is, I wasn't that into her.

事情是這樣的。我那樣說只是找個藉口。事實是我並不怎麼喜歡她

be into 給迷住; 對 ... 深感興趣; 深深捲入

Bree: "Really?

真的嗎?

John: "And she was always so proud of never having done it, I figured, hey, this is my way out.

她總是很自豪自己是個處女。

我就想,我正好可以拿這個做藉口。

Bree: "Well, she feels very passionately about you."

她對你用情很深。

feel so passionately about 對 某事熱衷,對某人用情很深

John: "Well, don't get me wrong. She's nice, but the truth is, there's someone else."

別誤會我的意思。她人很好,只是事實是我心裡有人了。

Bree: "Oh, are you going steady?"

喔,你們關係確定了嗎?

John: "Not exactly. We were seeing each other pretty regularly but this other lady - girl, she sorta dumped me."

不算是。過去我們常常見面,可是那個女的,女孩甩了我。

Bree: "Oh, I see."

我算是明白了。

John: "Well, look. I'll talk to Danielle, and don't worry, I'll let her down gently."

我會找丹妮爾談,別擔心,我會平靜地和她分手。

Bree: "Uh, actually, I would prefer if you didn't."

嗯,事實上,我倒希望你不那麼溫柔。

John: "Huh?"

Bree: "I know my daughter. She's very determined, and unless you're really firm with her, she's going to continue to think that there's hope."

我瞭解我女兒。她很執著,除非你態度決絕,否則她還抱有希望

John: "Okay. I'll be firm."

好的,我會態度堅決。

Bree: "Better still, be brutal."

最好是殘忍點。

brutal.

adj. 野蠻的;殘暴的


分享到:


相關文章: