she feels very passionately about you."她对你用情很深


[John and Justin's Apartment]

(Bree and John sit facing each other in the living room.)

Bree: "She said that you broke up with her because she refused to have sex."

她说你分手是因为她拒绝做爱。

John: "Wow. Um, okay, here's the deal. I said that, but it was just an excuse. The truth is, I wasn't that into her.

事情是这样的。我那样说只是找个借口。事实是我并不怎么喜欢她

be into 给迷住; 对 ... 深感兴趣; 深深卷入

Bree: "Really?

真的吗?

John: "And she was always so proud of never having done it, I figured, hey, this is my way out.

她总是很自豪自己是个处女。

我就想,我正好可以拿这个做借口。

Bree: "Well, she feels very passionately about you."

她对你用情很深。

feel so passionately about 对 某事热衷,对某人用情很深

John: "Well, don't get me wrong. She's nice, but the truth is, there's someone else."

别误会我的意思。她人很好,只是事实是我心里有人了。

Bree: "Oh, are you going steady?"

喔,你们关系确定了吗?

John: "Not exactly. We were seeing each other pretty regularly but this other lady - girl, she sorta dumped me."

不算是。过去我们常常见面,可是那个女的,女孩甩了我。

Bree: "Oh, I see."

我算是明白了。

John: "Well, look. I'll talk to Danielle, and don't worry, I'll let her down gently."

我会找丹妮尔谈,别担心,我会平静地和她分手。

Bree: "Uh, actually, I would prefer if you didn't."

嗯,事实上,我倒希望你不那么温柔。

John: "Huh?"

Bree: "I know my daughter. She's very determined, and unless you're really firm with her, she's going to continue to think that there's hope."

我了解我女儿。她很执着,除非你态度决绝,否则她还抱有希望

John: "Okay. I'll be firm."

好的,我会态度坚决。

Bree: "Better still, be brutal."

最好是残忍点。

brutal.

adj. 野蛮的;残暴的


分享到:


相關文章: