Belling the Cat
替貓戴上鈴鐺(上)
Kitty the Cat is eating all the mice. The mice are afraid to come out of their mouseholes.
貓咪凱蒂幾乎吃光了所有的老鼠。老鼠們都非常害怕,不敢踏出鼠洞半步。
Kitty: Meow… I got you, little mouse.
凱蒂:喵嗚……我抓住你了,小老鼠。
Little Joe: Oh, please, Kitty! Let me go. I am too small to eat.
小喬伊:哦,求求你了,凱蒂!放我走吧。我太小了,不夠你吃的。
Kitty: I don't mind. I am very hungry right now. (gulp!)
凱蒂:
Kitty the Cat eats poor Little Joe and looks around for another mouse.
貓咪凱蒂吃掉了可憐的小喬伊。又繼續四處尋找其他的老鼠。
Kitty: That was delicious. But I'm still not full. I need another one. Meow…
凱蒂:味道真不錯。可是我還是沒飽,我得再找一隻。喵嗚……
Lenny and Theodore are also mice. They see everything.
倫尼和西奧多也是老鼠,他們目睹了這一切。
Lenny: Did you see that, Theodore?
倫尼:你看到了嗎,西奧多?
Theodore: I sure did, Lenny. It was terrible.
西奧多:我看到了,倫尼。太可怕了。
Lenny:
倫尼:凱蒂一天比一天胖。她越吃越多。
Theodore: Soon she will eat all of us. We need to do something.
西奧多:很快她就會把我們都吃光。我們必須採取行動。
Lenny: You're right. But what can we do?
倫尼:你說得對。但是我們該怎麼做呢?
Theodore: Let's have a meeting first. Tell all the mice to come to my house tonight.
西奧多:我們先開個會。告訴所有的老鼠今晚到我家來。
Lenny: Don't worry. I'll tell everyone to come. We'll all be there.
倫尼:你放心吧。我去叫所有的人來。我們大家都會到。
Just then, Kitty smells the two mice and slowly walks towards them.
正在這時,凱蒂聞到了這兩隻老鼠的味道,慢慢地向他們走過來。
Theodore: Quickly, Lenny! Hide! Kitty is coming this way!
西奧多:快,倫尼!躲起來!凱蒂朝這邊走過來了!
Kitty: Meow… I smell mice. Where are they?
凱蒂:喵嗚……我聞到了老鼠的味道。你們在哪兒?
This time the two mice are lucky. They get away from Kitty. Late in the evening, all the mice are gathered at Theodore's house for the meeting.
這回兩隻老鼠還算幸運,他們逃過了凱蒂的利爪。傍晚,所有的老鼠都聚集到西奧多家,準備開會。
Theodore: Good evening, everyone. Thank you all for coming.
西奧多:各位晚上好。感謝你們的光臨。
Mr. Toby: What's up, Theo? Why did you call us so late?
Lenny: Well, Mr. Toby, today Kitty got little Joe.
倫尼:哦,託比先生,今天凱蒂吃掉了小喬伊。
Mr. Toby: Not again! Are you sure?
託比先生:哦,不!你確定嗎?
Lenny: Yes, Theodore and I saw it together. It was really terrible.
倫尼:當然,西奧多和我親眼看到的。真的是太可怕了。
Theodore: We must stop this now!!!
西奧多:現在我們必須阻止這種事情的發生!!!
Lenny: If we don't, we'll all be eaten, too.
倫尼:如果不採取行動,總有一天我們都會被吃掉的。
Mr. Toby: I agree with you. But what can we do? We are so small and helpless.
託比先生:我同意你的說法。可是我們能做些什麼呢?我們是這麼弱小,無助。
Theodore: That's why we are here. Together, let's think of a way.
西奧多:這就是今天我們來到這裡的原因。夥伴們,讓我們一起來想個辦法吧!
Mr. Toby: Let's trap Kitty.
託比先生:不如我們設個陷阱,抓住凱蒂。
Mrs. Toby
託比太太:可是親愛的,凱蒂的個頭比我們大多了。我們怎麼設陷阱抓她呢?
Mr. Toby: I don't know, dear.
託比先生:我也不知道,親愛的。