献给新一代的演讲——刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

献给新一代的演讲——刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

【文末有福利】

点击下方,加入【VOA美国之音】圈子。支持音频MP3下载至本地收听,随时随地可学习。周一至周五更新。本圈子适合听力考试想拿高分的学生;想要提高英语听力及口语水平、磨耳朵、练发音的人群:(五一假期半价优惠)

(此处已添加圈子卡片,请到今日头条客户端查看)

5月3日晚上,B站献给新一代的青年宣言片《后浪》在央视一套播出,并登陆《新闻联播》前黄金时段。国家一级演员何冰登台演讲,点赞当今年轻人的专业态度及自信、大气等优秀特质,配合青春影像混剪,充分诠释了年轻人表达自我,拥抱世界的态度。

5月4日当天,《后浪》更是刷爆了微信朋友圈。

献给新一代的演讲——刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

借此机会,小编将这篇演讲的英文版献给读者们。

以下英语译文转载自”英语世界“,仅供学习参考。若涉及版权问题,请联系删除。

后浪

Rising Waves

翻译:许景城(广东外语外贸大学英文学院,英国班戈大学英语文学院)

那些口口声声“一代不如一代”的人,

Those who speculate about “humanity further doomed generation after generation”

应该看着你们,

should take you into observation

像我一样,

like I am now

我看着你们,满怀羡慕。


eyeing you, admirable:

人类积攒了几千年的财富,

All the wealth, lore, insight, wisdom and art

所有的知识、见识、智慧和艺术,

having been mushrooming in human history for thousands of years

像是专门为你们准备的礼物;

seem to be the prepared gifts for you;

科技繁荣、文化繁茂、城市繁华,

the booms in science, technology, culture, and urbanity,

现代文明的成果被层层打开,

the fruits of modern civilization are being peeled off

可以尽情享用。

献给新一代的演讲——刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

for you to relish.

自由学习一门语言、学习一门手艺、

You can learn any language or any craft that suits your interest;

欣赏一部电影、去遥远的地方旅行。

you can savor a film or embark on a journey to somewhere remote.

很多人,从小你们就在自由探索自己的兴趣;

Many of you since childhood have been exploring your interest freely;

很多人在童年就进入了不惑之年;

even many of you in childhood sensed your sensitivity fade into sensibility,

不惑于自己喜欢什么,不喜欢什么。


no longer bemused by what you like and dislike.

人与人之间的壁垒被打破,

All barriers among humans are dismantled:

你们只凭相同的爱好,

Only by virtue of the same hobbies, can

就能结交千万个值得干杯的朋友,

you befriend droves of strangers who are willing to share your sorrow and joy.

你们拥有了,

What you possess

我们曾经梦寐以求的权利——选择的权利;

is what we used to yearn for — the freedom of choice;

你所热爱的就是你的生活。

what grasps your passion is your life.

你们有幸遇见这样的时代,

You are blessed to dwell in such an epoch,

但是时代更有幸遇见这样的你们。

which in return is more fortunate to embrace you.

献给新一代的演讲——刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

我看着你们,满怀敬意。

I’m gazing at you, respectful.

向你们的专业态度致敬,

My homage is vented to your adroitness,

你们正在把传统的变成现代的,

for you are turning something from traditional to modern,

把经典的变成流行的;

from classic to popular;

把学术的变成大众的,

from scholarly to public,

把民族的变成世界的;

from national to global;

你们把自己的热爱

you are forging your own passion and aspiration

变成了一个和成千上万的人分享快乐的事业,

into a happy enterprise that can be shared by tens of thousands of people.

向你们的自信致敬。

My homage is registered here to your confidence.


弱小的人,才习惯嘲讽与否定;

The vulnerable are wont to jeer and smear;

内心强大的人,从不吝啬赞美与鼓励。

the strong are always generous in praise and encouragement.

向你们的大气致敬,

My homage is also paid to your generosity.

小人同而不和,

The wicked are always disagreeing to agree

君子美美与共,和而不同。

while the gentle are happy to see a diversification of differing views, agreeing to disagree.

更年轻的身体,容得下更多元的文化、审美和价值观。

A younger soul allows for more diverse cultures, aesthetics, and values.


有一天我终于发现,

One day, an epiphany struck me:

不只是我们在教你们如何生活,

It’s not simply that we have been teaching you how to live your life,

你们也在启发我们,怎样去更好地生活。

but also that you have been updating our ways to live a better life.

献给新一代的演讲——刷爆朋友圈的《后浪》英文版来了!

那些抱怨“一代不如一代”的人,

Those who speculate about “humanity further doomed generation after generation”

应该看看你们,

should take you into observation,

就像我一样,

just like I am now,

我看着你们,满怀感激;

viewing you, grateful;

因为你们,这个世界会更喜欢中国,

thanks to you, the world is growing fonder of China,

因为一个国家最好看的风景,

for the best view of a country

就是这个国家的年轻人。

rests just upon the youth who inhabit it.


因为你们,

Because of you,

这世上的小说、音乐、电影所表现的青春,

the youth represented by novels, melodies, and movies on Earth

就不再是忧伤迷茫,

will be defined not by sadness or loss in any guise whatsoever,

而是善良、勇敢、无私、无所畏惧。

but by kindness, courage, selflessness, and dauntlessness withal.


是心里有火,眼里有光。

Youth will see fire in your heart, and light in your eyes.

不用活成我们想象中的样子,

Never should you lead a life as we’ve envisioned,

我们这一代人的想象力

for our imagination is too meager

不足以想象你们的未来;

to tell what your future will look like.


如果你们依然需要我们的祝福,

If you still expect best wishes from us,

那么,

then we’re happy to hearten you:

奔涌吧,后浪,

Please surge, rising waves!

我们在同一条奔涌的河流。

We are all in the same surging river!

责编 | 杨宁

审稿 | 李栋

校稿 | 吕放

福利:

点击右上角关注我们,主页私信回复:口语学习,免费赠送【英语900句】音视频内容。

请记得关注、点赞、转发、收藏


分享到:


相關文章: