No matter what the paternity tests say, 不論親子鑑定結果如何

口語學習:

1.I can't get it hot enough

.我吃不出味道

2.I've been doing some serious thinking about the baby.

我最近在認真考慮孩子的事

3.He and I need to hash this out, man to man.

他和我得解決這事,以男人的方式。

4.It's what's best for the baby.

這才是對孩子最好的。

5.Carlos is unavailable at the moment.

卡洛斯現在沒空。

6.No matter what the paternity tests say, it is Carlos' child.

不論親子鑑定結果如何,孩子是卡洛斯的。

7.He can raise this child the way it deserves to be raised。

他能給孩子提供應有的成長環境。



Carlos: Hey, be careful with that. you'll give the baby heartburn.

少加點辣,孩子的小心臟會燒到的。

Gabrielle: I can't get it hot enough. My hormones are killing my taste buds..

我吃不出味道荷爾蒙失調讓我的味覺都失靈了。

I can't get it hot enough. 用到否定轉移。——是指否定形式在謂語動詞,而否定的信息焦點卻在其他成分,此句中not否定enough

I can’t thank you enough. 我對你真是感激不盡。

Carlos: You've been paying more attention to your food than you have to me lately.

你現在對食物的興趣比對我的興趣還大。

Gabrielle: I plan on getting really fat as a tribute to your mother.

我要變得夠胖才對得起你媽媽。

tribute n.致敬,悼念

Gabrielle: John! What are you doing?

約翰你來作什麼?

John: I've been doing some serious thinking about the baby.

我最近在認真考慮孩子的事

Gabrielle: Really? Why?

是嗎?為什麼?

John:Because there's a good chance that it's mine and if it is I want to do the right thing.

因為孩子很可能是我的。如果是我的,我想做該做的事。

rthere's a good chance that... 很可能......

Gabrielle: No, nobody expects you to do the right thing.

你沒什麼該做的事。

John: Yeah, I kinda figured you might try to blow me off. That's why I'm going direct to Mr Solis.

我就知道你想讓我走。所以我直接去找索利斯先生。

blow sb. off 回絕某人 拒絕某人的邀請 ,放某人鴿子

Gabrielle: What? Are you crazy? He would kill us both!

什麼?你瘋了嗎?他會殺了我們兩個。

John: He and I need to hash this out, man to man. It's what's best for the baby.

他和我得解決這事以男人的方式。這才是對孩子最好的。

hash v.反覆推敲; 仔細考

Gabrielle: John!

John: Well, are you gonna go get him or am I?

我去叫他還是你去叫?

Gabrielle: Ok.You win. Wait right here.

好吧。聽你的。在這兒等。


Gabrielle: Don't get out.

別出來。

Carlos: Why?

Gabrielle: Because I was going to get in.

因為我準備進去。


Gabrielle: Um, Carlos is unavailable at the moment.

卡洛斯現在沒空。


John: You're lying.

你撒謊。

Gabrielle: John, what are you doing?、

你在幹嘛?

John: MR SOLIS! MR SOLIS! Open Up!

索利斯先生開門。

Gabrielle: Stop it.

別叫了。


Gabrielle: What the hell are you...John?

你到底要......約翰?

John: Mrs Solis, get out of the way.

索利斯夫人,讓開。

Gabrielle: John! John, no.you,you can't.

約翰,不可以。

Gabrielle: (Screams) Oh my god!

我的天啊。


John: Oh god! It burns.好辣。

Gabrielle: It's just salsa.是辣醬。

John: Well, it feels like acid.

簡直像硫酸。

Gabrielle: Really? I've been finding it so bland.

真的,我不知道這麼刺激。

balnd adj. 溫和的;不油膩的;引不起興趣的;平淡無奇的

John: MR SOLIS! MR SOLIS! COME OUT HERE I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!

Gabrielle: John! Stop! Shut the hell up! Listen to me, you are never gonna be the father of this baby. No matter what the paternity tests say, it is Carlos' child.

閉嘴,給我閉嘴。聽我說,你永遠不可能成為這個孩子的父親。不論親子鑑定的結果如何,這孩子都是卡洛斯的。

paternity

[pə'tɜːrnəti]    n. 父權;父子關係

paternity test 親子鑑定

John: How can you say that?

你怎麼可以這麼說?

Gabrielle: Because Carlos can provide, John! He can give this baby everything. Piano lessons and summer camp and the best colleges. He can raise this child the way it deserves to be raised, you can't.

因為卡洛斯養得起這個孩子,約翰。他能給孩子需要的一切,學鋼琴,去夏令營,上最好的大學,他能給孩子提供應有的成長環境。而你不能。

John: This isn't about money. This is about what's best for the baby.

這不是錢的問題,而是怎樣才是為孩子好。

Gabrielle: If you want what's best for the baby, you will help me. Help me make sure this baby doesn't grow up poor like I did.

如果你想給這個孩子最好的,那你得幫我。幫助我讓這個孩子別像我一樣窮苦地長大。

Carlos: What is taking you????

怎麼這麼久?

Carlos: Oh, hi, John. What are you doing here?

你好,約翰,你怎麼來了?

Gabrielle: He, uh-

John: Justin was thinking the hydrangeas needed replacing, he wanted me to come by to get a second opinion.

賈斯汀想把繡球花換了,他要聽聽我的建議。

Carlos: Your friend, he's a good kid, but he's not half the gardener you were. You should come back and work for us. I mean you're practically family.

你朋友是個好孩子,但不及你一半。你應該回來繼續為我們工作。你就像是我們的家人。

John: Thank you, Mr Solis.


分享到:


相關文章: