BBC動畫職場 35 向老闆彙報情況 Briefing the manager


Welcome back to English at Work, where Anna and Tom are in a bit of a predicament.

歡迎回到“職場英語”,安娜和湯姆現在正有點麻煩。

Following a successful business meeting, they've returned to the airport to discover their flight has been cancelled.

在一場成功的商業會議之後,他們抵達機場卻發現航班取消了。

What are they going to do next?

他們接下來要怎麼辦?

Right, they've rebooked us on to the next flight, which is at 7 o'clock tomorrow morning.

他們重新給我們定了下一趟明早7點的航班。

Tomorrow morning? !

明天早上?

What are we going to do until then?

我們這段時間做什麼?

It's OK Anna, calm down.

沒關係,安娜,冷靜。

I've sorted out a hotel… quite a nice one actually.

我選好了酒店,很不錯的一家。

But what about our new contract?

但是我們的新合同怎麼辦?

I've got to sort it out!

我得整理出來!

Anna, take a deep breath… it'll be ok.

安娜,深呼吸,沒關係。

Let's go and get a drink and we'll work things out.

我們去喝一杯吧,一起處理這些事情。

Anna, maybe Tom's right for once.

安娜,也許湯姆這次是對的。

Go and enjoy some French hospitality.

去享受一下法式款待。

You've done really well today but perhaps you should keep your boss Paul in the picture.

你今天做得很好了,但也許你應該告知你的老闆保羅。

In the picture? I didn't take any photos.

圖片?我沒有拍照。

No Anna! I mean keep him informed.

不,安娜!我是說告知他相關的情況。

It's always a good idea to keep the boss updated on what's going on – he is the boss after all.

讓你的老闆時刻知道進度是個好主意,畢竟他是你的老闆。

OK. I will.

好,我會的。

. . . . . .


Yeah, this one looks quite cosy.

這裡看著很舒適。

I'll order us a beer shall I?

我來點瓶啤酒,好嗎?

I'd prefer an orange juice please.

我更想喝橙汁。

Oh really? OK then.

真的嗎?好吧。

Err, Garcon. Je m'appelle un beer et citron juice thing. Au revoir!

(錯誤的法語)

No Tom!

不是的,湯姆!

Pardon, Je voudrais une grande biere et du juice d'orange s'il vous plait.

勞駕,請給我們一大杯啤酒和一杯橙汁。

Oui Madame.

好的,女士。

Well, she likes you!

她喜歡你。

Well, actually everyone likes you Anna.

事實上,大家都喜歡你,安娜。

I like you because…

我喜歡你,因為……

I like you too Tom but don't you think I should call Paul and update him on what's going on… keep him in the picture?

我也喜歡你,湯姆,但你不認為我該給保羅打電話告知他最新的進度嗎?

I dunno. Let's just enjoy this moment shall we?

我不知道,讓我們好好享受這一刻吧?

And besides, he'll be at his biscuit appreciation class by now.

另外,他現在正在上他的餅乾欣賞課呢。

No. I would be happier just to call him.

不,我想給他打電話更好一些。

Could I borrow your mobile phone please?

我能借你的手機用用嗎?

My battery has run out.

我的沒電了。

Yeah sure. You'll find his number under Attila the Hun.

當然,他電話號碼的名字是匈奴王阿提拉。

Attila the Hun?

匈奴王阿提拉?

Just my little joke!

只是我的一個小笑話!

Cheeky! But hold on… what am I going to say to him?

厚臉皮!但稍等,我要跟他說什麼?

Well, don't call him Attila the Hun!

不要叫他匈奴王阿提拉!

Think before you call him: It's good news – you've closed the deal and the contract is signed.

給他打電話前先想想:這是好消息,你達成了交易並且簽了合同。

We need to proceed with the order as quickly as possible.

我們需要儘快繼續推進訂單。

And say, I'm committed to getting the order delivered on time.

並且說,我已經承諾按時發送訂單了。

But if you need help, ask for it.

但如果你需要幫助,儘管說。

OK I will.

好,我會的。

It's ringing…

通了。

. . . . . .


Hello?

你好?

Hi Paul. It's Anna.

你好,保羅,我是安娜。

I've got some good news!

我帶來了好消息!

Hold on. Sorry, I'm just munching some new crumbly cream biscuits.

稍等。抱歉,我正在吃新款勁脆的奶油餅乾。

Now, what's the good news?

什麼好消息?

Is it about the contract?

關於合同的嗎?

Yes! I've closed the deal with Fruit Traders International and the contract is signed.

是的!我和Fruit Traders International達成了協議,並且簽了合同。

Excellent news.

大好消息。

To keep them happy, we need to proceed with the order as quickly as possible.

為了讓他們滿意,我們要儘快推進訂單。

Of course, of course. So what are you planning to do?

當然,當然。那麼你計劃怎麼做?

Well, obviously, I'm committed to getting the order delivered on time but I might need some help.

顯然我承諾了會及時發送訂單,但我可能需要幫助。

I wonder if Tom could…

我在想是否湯姆能……

Yes, Tom can help you.

是的,湯姆可以幫你。

Denise tells me you have a… special chemistry!

丹尼斯跟我說你們有特殊的默契!

Actually, where is Tom now?

事實上,現在湯姆在哪呢?

Is he home yet?

他到家了嗎?

He's not. Actually Paul, Tom and I are going to stay in a hotel tonight…

他不在,事實上,保羅,湯姆和我今晚將住酒店……

Hello? Hello?

你好?你好?

Oh, I've lost the signal, he's gone.

我沒信號了,他掛了。

Never mind Anna.

沒關係,安娜。

I think he got the message.

我想他明白了。

Another drink?

再來一杯嗎?

. . . . . .


Let's hope Paul has got the right message about Anna and Tom!

希望保羅不會誤會安娜和湯姆!

Anyway, she's briefed the boss and kept him in the picture.

總之,她通知了老闆並且讓他了解情況。

Here's a reminder of some of the phrases she used: It's good news – I've closed the deal and the contract is signed.

這是她使用過的表達方式。我有好消息。我達成了協議並且簽了合同。

We need to proceed with the order as quickly as possible.

我們要儘快推進訂單。

I'm committed to getting the order delivered on time… but I will need some help.

我承諾了會及時發送訂單,但我需要幫助。

A good day's work for Anna but now it's time for bed.

安娜今天做的不錯,但現在到了睡覺的時間了。

Right, well, it's time for bed.

好吧,是時候休息了。

We've got an early start tomorrow.

明天我們要早起。

So, where are we staying?

所以我們住哪呢?

A lovely little boutique hotel, just round the corner.

街角處有一個很不錯的小型精品酒店。

I've booked a room with a view.

我定了一間可以看風景的房間。

A room? One room? !

一間房?一間房嗎?

Err yeah. That's all they had, actually… honest!

是的,說實話,他們其實就這一間了。

This could be interesting.

這可有意思了。

Let's hope things remain professional.

希望一切都能公事公辦。

Until next time. Bye!

下次見了!


分享到:


相關文章: