5種常見英式口語表達


Hello and welcome back to English with Lucy.

大家好,歡迎回到和露西學英語。

Today we have another episode of my fabulous 5 Common British Expressions.

今天,更新一期我超愛的"5種常見英式英語表達方式"。

Now, before we get started, make sure you connect with me on all my social media which is right here.

在我們開始之前,記得到社交媒體上聯繫我。

And, I've got my Instagram account, obviously you can subscribe to my Youtube, you can also like me on Facebook, and, for my Chinese followers I have my Weibo account aswell.

我有我的ins賬戶,你們當然也可以訂閱我的油管賬戶,也可以在臉書上給我點贊,以及,為了我的中國粉絲們,我也有微博賬號。

OK, so our first expression is 'a piece of cake' .

好了,我們要講的第一個表達方式是"小菜一碟"。

And this is very similar to 'easy peasy lemon squeezy' which we've discussed in a previous video, and basically, it means very easy.

這一句和我們之前的視頻中講過的'easy peasy lemon squeezy' 非常相似,基本上,它的意思就是,某件事非常簡單。

So I might come out of a particularly easy exam saying: " That exam was a piece of cake". " That exam was really easy".

所以我可能參加一場非常簡單的考試,然後說:簡直小菜一碟。那場考試太容易了。

So, number two, 'break a leg'.

第二條,"祝你好運"。(打斷一條腿)

Actually looks really rather cruel.

聽起來有點殘忍。

But, I promise you it's positive, and, 'break a leg' means 'good luck' .

但是我保證它的意義是積極的,'break a leg' 的意思是"祝你好運"。

So, before a race, before a job interview, before a test. . . Instead of saying 'good luck' , I might say break a leg, do really well.

所以,在一場比賽之前,或者一次面試,一場考試……要替代 'good luck' ,我可能會說'break a leg' ,好運。

So, since we're talking about legs, let's bring arms into the equation as well.

那麼既然我們講到了腿,我們也講講胳膊吧。

Number three is, it cost an arm and a leg.

第三,這東西太貴了。(花了我一條胳膊一條腿)

And this basically means something was really expensive.

它的意思差不多就是某樣東西價格非常的貴。

If I say my bag cost an arm and a leg, I mean it cost a lot of money.

如果我說我的包包"cost an arm and a leg"就是說它很昂貴。

Now, the next one isn't particularly nice.

下一個其實不是特別好的說法。

It is 'to pop one's clogs', snd this actually means 'to die'.

就是"去世"(拔出某人的木塞)它實際上的意思是形容某人"死去"。

But we use it quite affectionately, it's like a nice way of saying that someone's died.

但是這個短語的含義是很暖心的,是一種形容某人去世的委婉方式。

So, I'm going to a funeral this Sunday, my neighbour's popped his clogs.

我這週日要參加一場葬禮,我的鄰居去世了。

It's a way of saying 'my neighbour's died', but we don't want to say the 'death' word, so we say they've popped their clogs

這就是表達"我的鄰居去世了"的一種方式,但是我們不用"死"這個字眼,而是說"popped their clogs"。

And then we have number 5, to call it a day, and this means to end a task.

我們講到了第五條,"收工結束"。它的意思是完成了一項任務。

So for example, " I'm feeling a bit tired, I think I'll call it a day".

例如,今天有點累了,就先這樣吧。

And that means, " I think I'll stop here, let's finish".

它的意思就是"我要把工作先放在這裡了,我們收工吧。"

So, as we've come to number 5, I think I'll call it a day now!

既然我們講到了第五條了,我也要call it a day啦!

Bye!

拜拜!

Thank you so much for watching this episode of 5 Common British Expressions.

非常感謝你們觀看這一集的"5種常見英式英語表達"。

I hope you liked it and I hope you learnt something, make sure you connect with all my social media as I said before, and have a very lovely week!

希望你們喜歡,也學到了東西,記得去關注我的社交媒體賬號,大家週末愉快!

Bye!

拜!

This wine is. . . . . off.

這酒……過期了。


分享到:


相關文章: