中英双语阅读18(音频)

音频请戳


But that's not why I didn't come to work. I didn't come to work because I had... 但那不是我没来上班的原因 我是因为…

Stomach flu. 肠胃炎

Listen, it's a free country. 听着,这虽然是一个自由的国家

But this little thing of yours on the Internet, I do not want to show up in it. Okay? 但是关于你的小博客 我不想因此而使公司蒙羞

And if you don't feel like coming in to work, let me know. 如果你不想来上班了 请告诉我

Somebody will want this job. We’re trying to do something here. 有人想要这份工作 我们在这是做事的

I'm sorry. 对不起

Anyone else would fire you. 换成别人就会解雇你

A Republican would fire you. 共和党的人会解雇你

I'm not a schmuck. 别把我当傻子

I'm in shock. I can't believe it. 我很震惊,难以置信

You're like "The Ones." If you and Eric can't make it work, who can? 你们两个就像命中注定的一对 如果你跟Eric都不能在一起,就没人能在一起了

All sorts of people can. Just not me because I am a bitch. 好多人在一起啊 只是我不能,因为我是个泼妇

I am, Sarah. I'm a bitch. barab,我就是个泼妇

I know. I know you are. 我知道,我知道

By the way, Garth and I broke up. 还有,我和Garth也分手了

Oh, God, I didn't even ask. I am a one-way street, just like Eric says. 哦,天呐,我都没过问过你 Eric说的对,我是个自私的人

It's okay. I wasn't in love with him. 没事,反正我也不爱他

Do you really think I'm a bitch? 你真的觉得我是个泼妇吗?

- Well, yeah. - I know. - 额,是的 - 我就知道

But who isn't? 谁不是泼妇呢?

Julia. Julia不是

I've been thinking about me and Julia. 我一直在把自己和Julia对比来看

She was a secretary for a government agency and I am, too. 她是一个在政府工作的秘书,我也是

A really nice guy married her. A really nice guy married me. 我们都嫁给了一个非常好的男人

Both of us were lost 我们都曾迷失自我

and both of us were saved by food in some way or other. 又都因为食物 重新点燃了生活的希望

So major overlaps1. But let's face it, I am not Julia Child. 我们有不少相同的地方 但是我并不是Julia Child

Julia Child never lost her temper just because something boiled over, Julia Child永远不会因为烧沸了东西

or collapsed2 in the oven, or just plain fell through. 做坏了饭或是打碎了盘子就发脾气

And she was never horrible to her husband, I'm sure. 而且她绝对不会这么凶暴地对她的老公

And she never behaved like, "Who has time to be married?" 她也绝不会像我一样 “谁结婚了还有时间?”

Which is how I behave sometimes, I'm sorry to say. 我为我的行为而感到惭愧

I wish I were more like her. She deserved her husband and I don't. 我希望我能更像她 她值得她的丈夫的疼爱,而我却不配

That's the truth. 这就是事实

Well, anyway, that's the truth for now. 至少现在是

Yogurt for dinner. 晚餐喝的酸奶

Hi, you've reached Eric Powell at Archaeology3 magazine. Leave a message. 嗨,这里是考古杂志的eric Powell 请留言

I hated sleeping without you last night. 昨晚没有你,我彻夜难眠

Where are you? 你在哪儿?

I miss you. 我想你

- Hello? - Honey, is something wrong? - 喂 - 亲爱的,怎么了?

No. 没什么

Are you and Eric having some kind of problem? 你跟Eric没吵架吧

Why would you think that? 你怎么会这么想?

Of course not. 当然没有

[03:35.34]- Is he there and you can't talk? - He's not here. - 是不是他在场,你不好意思说啊? - 他不在这儿

I just read your blog, and it was strange and uncharacteristically thoughtful. 刚读了你的日志,觉得很奇怪 很不寻常的想法啊

- Where is he? - Out. - 他去哪儿了? - 出去了

Have you stopped cooking? 你不做饭了吗?

He went out to get pizza. 去买比萨去了

Just temporarily. Just taking a little break from cooking. 只是暂时的 间隙休息一下

Well, get back to it. 接着做饭吧

It's gonna be good for you to finish something for once in your life. 一生至少做成一件事对你一生来说很好

- Julia didn't give up. - Who says I'm giving up? - Julia就没放弃 - 谁说我放弃了?

Well, I'm just saying don't. 我只是说别放弃

Hey. 嘿

Are you back? 你回来了?

Please be back. 回来吧

中英双语阅读18(音频)


分享到:


相關文章: