dibs: the right to have, use, or do something〔擁有、使用某物或做某事的〕權利
Freshmen have first dibs on dormitory rooms. 大學一年級學生有宿舍分配的優先權。----有道英語
----"My dibs were on those muffins!" (那些鬆餅是我先選的)
----"Your dibs were void." (你的選擇無效)----美劇《馬男波傑克》
"I call dibs on Mom and Dad's room!" (我要爸媽的房間!)----美劇《開心漢堡店》,就是我們漢語的事先,搶先佔有某物。我先要的,別人不能跟我搶的意思。
outrank 美 [,aʊt'ræŋk]: to have a higher rank than someone else in the same group 級別高於,地位高於〔同一團體中的某人〕;
"But in this world I still outrank you." (但是當下,我的位置仍高於你)
bozo: someone who you think is silly or stupid 笨蛋,傻瓜
work someone's tails off 某人努力,拼命工作
"I think that's a mentality. I work my tails off every day." (我想這是一種心態,我每天都很拼命訓練)----VOA News
taxidermy: the art of filling the skins of dead animals, birds, or fish with a special material so that they look as though they are alive 動物標本剝製術
That's all for today
March 27, 2018. XOXO
閱讀更多 老友記美語私塾 的文章