I wanna make sure you'll let me protect you想保护你不受伤

口语学习:

I wanted to talk to you in person.我想和你见面谈

I have some potentially upsetting news我要跟你说件比较麻烦的事。

Come on, Mrs Solis, you can tell me. I can handle it.

说吧,索利斯夫人,你可以告诉我,我能搞定。

Man, I can barely afford my new dirt bike. How am I gonna handle child support?

天啊,我连摩托车都买不起,我怎么养得起孩子?

John, something like this could ruin your life.

约翰,这事会毁掉你的人生

There's no point in this catastrophe taking both of us down.

没有必要把俩都卷入这场灾难。

Forget about it.

忘掉这一切吧。

John: Hi, did you get my messages?

收到我的留言了吗?

Gabrielle: Yeah,I didn't call you back because I wanted to talk to you in person. I have some potentially upsetting news.

是的,我没给你回电话 我想和你见面谈。我要跟你说件比较麻烦的事。

John: Come on, Mrs Solis, you can tell me. I can handle it.

说吧,索利斯夫人,你可以告诉我,我能搞定。

Gabrielle: I'm pregnant and it might be yours.

我怀孕了,孩子可能是你的

John: Ma'am, I can barely afford my new dirt bike. How am I gonna handle child support?

天啊,我连摩托车都买不起,我怎么养得起孩子?

barely adv.几乎不

afford v. 负担得起,买得起

dirt bike n.(尤指用于比赛的) 越野摩托车(美国俚语)

handle v.用手操作,操纵;处理或负责,管理;

Gabrielle: We don't even know for sure if it‘s yours, so relax. Okay, and I didn't come here to watch you freak out.

还没确定是不是你的,被激动。我不是来这儿看你发疯的。

John: So why did you come here?

那你来干什么?

Gabrielle: I wanna make sure you'll let me protect you.

我想确保你不受伤害。

John: From who?谁会伤害我?

Gabrielle: Um, Carlos? Your parents? John, something like this could ruin your life. That's why you have to keep quiet about our affair. There's no point in this catastrophe taking both of us down.

卡洛斯,你的父母亲。约翰,

这事会毁掉你的人生。所以咱俩的事你一定要保密。没有必要把俩都卷入这场灾难。

There's no point...是没有意义的。

John: Thank you.

谢谢。

Gabrielle: Forget about it.

忘掉这一切吧。

John: I should've worn a condom.

我该戴安全套的。

Gabrielle: Yeah, that would have been helpful.

是的要是那样的话会很有帮助的。


分享到:


相關文章: