03.03 You didn't get sucked into the drama. 你不是被牽扯進來


[Restaurant在飯店]

(Susan looks up and sees Edie storming over to their table.蘇珊抬起頭看到伊迪氣沖沖走過來)

Bill: "Edie."

Edie: "Your foreman said that you were out on a date with a hottie. Evidently, someone's in need of Lasik."

你老闆說你在和一個性感辣妹約會。看來他眼睛肯定有毛病。

LASIK ( Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis),即激光屈光角膜層狀重塑術,是一種*新改良手術。治療範圍大幅擴大,包括由淺至極深程度的近視、遠視及散光。

Susan: "You tracked us down?"

你跟蹤我們?

Edie: "Oh, well, it wasn't hard. I just followed the stench of betrayal. We had an agreement, Susan."

輕而易舉。我只要跟著背叛者的味道就好。我們說好的,蘇珊。

Susan: "No, we didn't. You know I just said what you wanted to hear because you guilted me into it."

不,我們沒有。是你讓我覺得內疚了才告訴你的。

Edie: "I was trying to protect our already fragile friendship."

我是在保護我們瀕臨崩潰的友誼。

Bill: "Am I in the middle of something here?"

我是不是惹到麻煩了?

Edie: "Not any more. You" (to Susan) "I will hate forever. And you" (to Bill) "are fired."

沒有。你(對著蘇珊),我會記恨一輩子的。而你,被開除了。

Susan: "Edie!"

Bill: "You're firing me because I'm going out with Susan?"

因為和蘇珊約會就要開除我?

Edie: "Yes, and before you start whining that dating her is punishment enough, save it."

跟她約會有你好受的,所以也別抱怨了。省省力氣吧。

whine發牢騷

(She walks away. Bill and Susan look exasperated.她走了,比爾和蘇珊非常惱火。)

(Later, on a dark road, Susan drives Bill home.過會兒,黑漆漆的路上,蘇姍載著比爾回家。)

Bill: "I suppose I could tell her you threw yourself at me. You were lonely, you begged to have dinner and I took pity on you."

我想我得告訴她是你送上門的,是你寂寞了來求我陪你吃飯。我不過是可憐你罷了。

threw yourself at sb. 向....投懷送報/主動送上門

Susan: "Well, excuse me, but that, that kinda makes it sound like it was my fault. You can't possibly blame me. I'm not the one who fired you."

不好意思,你好像是在暗示是我的錯,這事不能怪我,又不是我解僱了你。

Bill: "Right. You just chose not to tell me that Edie would be insanely mad if I went out with you. Slow down. You're driving too fast!"

但你沒告訴我,和你約會會讓伊迪發瘋,慢點,你開太快了。

Susan: "You know, this is between you and Edie. I just got sucked into the drama."

這是你和伊迪之間的事。我是被牽扯進來的。

Bill: "Yeah. I bet you tell yourself that all the time."

你真是自欺欺人。

Susan: "What does that mean?"

你這話什麼意思?

Bill: "You didn't get sucked into the drama. You invited it in."

你根本不是被牽扯進來,你就是是罪魁禍首。

Susan: "That's not true!"

胡說。

Bill: "You spent the last hour obsessing over your ex-boyfriend. Even though he's a sketchy ex-con who very possibly strangled your neighbor."

你用了一個小時嘮叨你前任男友的事。即便他是有犯罪前科、掐死你鄰居的嫌疑犯。

Susan: "Well, no, he didn't."

不,他沒有。

Bill: "And Edie told you not to go out with me, but did you listen? No, because you saw the potential for disaster and you just couldn't resist getting in there."

伊迪還警告你不要和我約會,但你聽了嗎?沒有。你明明知道會有麻煩,還偏偏要去做

Susan: "Okay, Mr. let's-just-have-fun-cause-I'm-the-charming-casual-contractor-man. You chased me, so own it, my friend!"

好啊,花花公子,不是想玩玩嘛,是你追的我,認了吧,朋友!

(There's suddenly a loud bang and the front tire on Susan's car goes flat. Susan is unable to control the car, and it runs off the road.突然蹦的一聲巨響,蘇珊車前輪胎癟掉,車失控,車拐到路邊去)

(Later, Susan and Bill sit by the side of the road, the crashed car behind them.過會兒,蘇珊和比爾坐在路邊,被撞的車在他們身後。)

Bill: "You didn't get that tire fixed, did you?"

你根本沒去修輪胎,是吧?

Susan: "I was meaning to. I guess I do invite the drama in. Just a little."

我本來是要去的。 看來我真是罪魁禍首。在某種程度上


分享到:


相關文章: