英語裡的 “就近原則” 和 “就遠原則”

英語裡的 “就近原則” 和 “就遠原則”

1."there be+句型; 由or, either…or, neither…or, not… but…, not only…but also,whether…or;等連接的並列成分作主語時,其謂語通常要與靠近的主語保持一致。如:

There is an apple, a pear and two bananas in the bag.

盤子裡有一個蘋果,一個梨子和兩個香蕉。

There is a pen, two books and three rules on the desk.

桌子上有一支鋼筆,兩本書和三條規則。

What he does or what he says has nothing to do with me.


他的行為或言談都與我無關。


Neither you nor he is engineer.

你和他都不是工程師。

Neither you nor I am wrong .

你和我都沒錯。

He or I am in the wrong, 他或是我錯了。

Neither you nor he is tired. 你和他都沒累。

Not you but I am to blame. 不該怪你而該怪我。

Either they or Jim is going to Shanghai next Saturday.

不是Jim就是他們下週六要去上海。

Either my father or my brothers are coming. 不是我父親就是我兄弟要來。

Not only the students but also their teacher is enjoying the film. 不僅學生們在欣賞這部影片,他們的老師也在欣賞這部影片。

Not only you but(also) he is wrong.

不僅你錯了,他也錯了。

但在非正式文體中,有時也一律用複數謂語(注:在考試時最好避免使用)。如:

Neither Ted nor Mark are wrong. 特德和馬克都沒有錯。

If either David or Janet come, they will want a drink. 大衛或珍妮特來了的話,是會要喝酒的。

在倒裝句中:謂語可與後面第一個主語一致。

例:In the distance was heard the clapping of hands and the shouts of the people.

在遠處,能聽見鼓掌聲和人們的呼喊聲。

英語裡的 “就近原則” 和 “就遠原則”


2.當用作主語的成分後面跟有由but, except, besides, including, like, with, as well as, as much as, no less than, along with, in addition to, combined with, rather than, together with等引出的短語時,謂語動詞習慣上要與這些結構前面的主語保持一致(即與比較遠的那個主語保持一致,簡稱“就遠原則”)。 在所謂的“就遠原則”中,謂語動詞的單複數之所以與較遠的名詞性成分保持一致,並不是因為這個名詞性成分離他較遠,而是因為這個名詞性成分才是句子真正的主語。如:

還有 ---- as well as;

諸如 ---- such as, like;

比;而不是;不亞於 ---- rather than, more than, no less than;

with ---- with, along with, together with, combined with;

除了 ---- but, except, besides, in addition to, apart /aside from.

I, as well as he, am here. 和他一樣,我也在這兒。

Nobody but two students is in the classroom.除了這兩個學生,沒有人在教室。

Nobody but two students is in the classroom.


除了兩個學生,沒有人在教室。


Everybody except you likes me.


除了你,每個人都喜歡我。

英語裡的 “就近原則” 和 “就遠原則”


Everybody except you is down on me. 除了你,大家都看不起我。

A woman with two children has come. 一位婦女帶著兩個孩子已經來了。

John, rather than his roommates, is to blame. 約翰,而不是他的室友,應該受到責備。

A woman with two children has come. 一位婦女帶著兩個孩子已經來了。

Jim, together with his classmates, has seen the film. 吉姆和他的同學都看過這部電影。

My father, no less than I, is a base-ball fan. 我的父親不亞於我也是個棒球迷。

The son, as well as his parents, wants to go there. 不但兒子想去那兒,而且他的父母也想去。

The teacher, as well as the students, is interested in the activity. 老師也和同學們一樣對這項活動有興趣。


My father, no less than I, is a baseball fan.

我父親,不亞於我,是個棒球迷。

John, rather than his roommates, has broken the window.


約翰,而不是他的室友,打碎了窗戶。


No one except his own supporters agrees with him .


僅他自己的支持者同意他的意見。(這個要注意)


最後,請看:

他和我都很開心。


Both he and I are happy.
Not only he, but also I am happy.(暗含強調I的情況。)


英語裡的 “就近原則” 和 “就遠原則”


分享到:


相關文章: