英语里的 “就近原则” 和 “就远原则”

英语里的 “就近原则” 和 “就远原则”

1."there be+句型; 由or, either…or, neither…or, not… but…, not only…but also,whether…or;等连接的并列成分作主语时,其谓语通常要与靠近的主语保持一致。如:

There is an apple, a pear and two bananas in the bag.

盘子里有一个苹果,一个梨子和两个香蕉。

There is a pen, two books and three rules on the desk.

桌子上有一支钢笔,两本书和三条规则。

What he does or what he says has nothing to do with me.


他的行为或言谈都与我无关。


Neither you nor he is engineer.

你和他都不是工程师。

Neither you nor I am wrong .

你和我都没错。

He or I am in the wrong, 他或是我错了。

Neither you nor he is tired. 你和他都没累。

Not you but I am to blame. 不该怪你而该怪我。

Either they or Jim is going to Shanghai next Saturday.

不是Jim就是他们下周六要去上海。

Either my father or my brothers are coming. 不是我父亲就是我兄弟要来。

Not only the students but also their teacher is enjoying the film. 不仅学生们在欣赏这部影片,他们的老师也在欣赏这部影片。

Not only you but(also) he is wrong.

不仅你错了,他也错了。

但在非正式文体中,有时也一律用复数谓语(注:在考试时最好避免使用)。如:

Neither Ted nor Mark are wrong. 特德和马克都没有错。

If either David or Janet come, they will want a drink. 大卫或珍妮特来了的话,是会要喝酒的。

在倒装句中:谓语可与后面第一个主语一致。

例:In the distance was heard the clapping of hands and the shouts of the people.

在远处,能听见鼓掌声和人们的呼喊声。

英语里的 “就近原则” 和 “就远原则”


2.当用作主语的成分后面跟有由but, except, besides, including, like, with, as well as, as much as, no less than, along with, in addition to, combined with, rather than, together with等引出的短语时,谓语动词习惯上要与这些结构前面的主语保持一致(即与比较远的那个主语保持一致,简称“就远原则”)。 在所谓的“就远原则”中,谓语动词的单复数之所以与较远的名词性成分保持一致,并不是因为这个名词性成分离他较远,而是因为这个名词性成分才是句子真正的主语。如:

还有 ---- as well as;

诸如 ---- such as, like;

比;而不是;不亚于 ---- rather than, more than, no less than;

with ---- with, along with, together with, combined with;

除了 ---- but, except, besides, in addition to, apart /aside from.

I, as well as he, am here. 和他一样,我也在这儿。

Nobody but two students is in the classroom.除了这两个学生,没有人在教室。

Nobody but two students is in the classroom.


除了两个学生,没有人在教室。


Everybody except you likes me.


除了你,每个人都喜欢我。

英语里的 “就近原则” 和 “就远原则”


Everybody except you is down on me. 除了你,大家都看不起我。

A woman with two children has come. 一位妇女带着两个孩子已经来了。

John, rather than his roommates, is to blame. 约翰,而不是他的室友,应该受到责备。

A woman with two children has come. 一位妇女带着两个孩子已经来了。

Jim, together with his classmates, has seen the film. 吉姆和他的同学都看过这部电影。

My father, no less than I, is a base-ball fan. 我的父亲不亚于我也是个棒球迷。

The son, as well as his parents, wants to go there. 不但儿子想去那儿,而且他的父母也想去。

The teacher, as well as the students, is interested in the activity. 老师也和同学们一样对这项活动有兴趣。


My father, no less than I, is a baseball fan.

我父亲,不亚于我,是个棒球迷。

John, rather than his roommates, has broken the window.


约翰,而不是他的室友,打碎了窗户。


No one except his own supporters agrees with him .


仅他自己的支持者同意他的意见。(这个要注意)


最后,请看:

他和我都很开心。


Both he and I are happy.
Not only he, but also I am happy.(暗含强调I的情况。)


英语里的 “就近原则” 和 “就远原则”


分享到:


相關文章: