大自然在说话 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚

英语学习资源 |大自然在说话 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚

《大自然在说话》是一部以大自然为“第一人称”的公益短片,此片以大自然独特的视角,让人类倾听大自然的声音,引发人类对自己行为的思考,并倡导人类要有关爱环境的意识。

英语学习资源 |大自然在说话 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚

今天奇速君整理了《大自然在说话》资源,是极好的英语学习资源,也建议每个家庭亲子共看一下。

英语学习资源 |大自然在说话 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚

Nature is speaking

Coral Reef

珊瑚


I am coral.

我是珊瑚礁。

Some people think I'm just a rock.

有些人认为我只是岩石。

Well, in fact,

但事实上,

I'm the largest thing alive on this planet.

我是这个星球最大的生命体。

I'm so big, I can be seen from space.

大到从太空都可以看到我。

But for how long?

但还能持续多久?

I grew for almost 250 million years

我来到这里大约2.5亿年后,

and humans came along

人类出现了,

and now one fifth of me is gone.

现在我已经失去了我的五分之一。

Sure, l live at the bottom of the sea.

是的,我生活在海底。

And you might not see me that often.

你们很少能见到我。

But you do need me.

但是你们需要我。

Do you realize that

你们知道

one quarter of all marine life depends on me?

有四分之一的海洋生物都依赖我生存吗?

I am the nursery of the sea.

我是海洋生物的栖息地。

Little fish depend on me for food

我为小鱼提供食物,

and to hide from the big fish.

为它们提供躲避大鱼追捕的庇护所。

And guess who eats the big fish?

猜猜谁吃大鱼呢?

That's right. You do.

是的。是你们。

I'm the protein factory for the world.

我是全世界的蛋白质工厂。

Yet you raise the temperature of the ocean

但你们却让海洋温度不断升高,

so I can't live here anymore.

使我无法继续生存。

And when big storms and tsunamis barrel through the ocean,

当风暴和海啸在大洋上呼啸而过时,

I'm your fortress.

是我在为你们遮挡。

Yet you tear me apart with dynamite

然而你们却用炸药把我撕碎,

and poison me with cyanide.

用氰化物来毒害我。

Well, here's a crazy thought:

我有一个疯狂的想法:

Stop killing me.

停止伤害我。

英语学习资源 |大自然在说话 Nature Is Speaking系列:珊瑚


分享到:


相關文章: