03.04 聽力理解三步走,你懂了嗎?


Hello.

大家好!

My name is Emma, and in today's video, I am going to teach you how to be a better listener.

我是你們的Emma老師,那麼今天的視頻呢,我會教大家如何把聽力變得更好。

I'm going to teach you three steps, which will really, really help you with your listening.

我會告訴大家三個步驟,這三個步驟對你的聽力是非常有幫助的哦。

So before I teach you how to be a better listener, I want you to think about: What kind of listener are you?

那麼在我教大家如何聽力變得更好之前呢,我想讓大家想一想:你是一個什麼樣的聆聽者呢?

Okay?

好嗎?

So, I have, here, a question.

好的,我這裡有一個問題。

I want you to imagine this.

大家想象一下。

You're talking to somebody, an English speaker, and you don't understand what they're saying.

你在和一個英語人士交談,你聽不懂他們在說什麼。

Okay?

好嗎?

You have no idea.

你不明白他們說什麼。

I don't understand what they're saying.

我不明白他們說什麼。

What do you do?

你會怎麼樣呢?

Okay?

怎麼樣呢?

Here are your choices.

下面是你的選項。

Do you: A) look scared?

你會:A)很慌張嗎?

A lot of students do this.

大部分學員都是這個反應。

Do you: B) Nod and pretend you understand?

你會:B)點頭並假裝你能聽懂嗎?

Nod and say," I understand" , but you really don't understand.

點頭說:“我明白”,但是事實上你不明白。

You have no idea.

你不明白。

C) Are you honest?

C)你誠實嗎?

Do you say" I'm sorry, I don't understand" ?

你會說“不好意思,我不明白”嗎?

Or, D) Do you say" I don't understand" , and you ask the person to write down what they're saying?

或者是D)你會說“我不明白”,然後讓這個說話者寫下他們說的內容嗎?

Okay?

好了嗎?

So, which one do you do?

你們會做出哪個反應呢?

Do you look scared, do you nod and pretend you understand when you don't?

你是變慌張,還是點頭假裝你能聽懂?

Do you say" I don't understand" or do you say" I don't understand" and ask them to write it down?

還是會說“我不明白”或者說“我不明白”然後讓他們寫下來”?

Maybe you do multiple things.

也許你會做出很多反應。

Okay?

對吧?

Which one do you think is the best thing to do?

你覺得哪個選項才是最好的呢?

If you said D or C, you are correct.

如果你選D或者C,那麼你就對了。

Okay?

明白嗎?

Now, there is a little bit of a difference between C and D. It's mainly that D, we use some sort of listening strategy.

現在,C和D之間也有細微的差別。主要是針對D,我們使用一些聽力策略。

I'm going to teach you some very, very good strategies you can use, which will help you be a better listener.

我將會告訴你們一些很好的聽力策略,你們可以用用看,這些策略將會幫助你們聽力變得更好。

Okay, so if you don't understand something, very first thing you should do is show you don't understand.

好了,如果你聽不到別人說的東西的時候,你要做的第一件事就是表示你不明白。

Okay?

懂嗎?

You should really let the person know you don't understand.

你真的應該讓別人知道你不明白他的意思。

There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

這沒什麼不好意思的。

We all have times where we don't understand what somebody is saying, but we really do want to know, so it's very important you let the person know that you don't understand.

我們都有聽不懂別人說什麼的時候,但是我們想知道是什麼意思,所以讓別人知道你不明白他的意思是很重要的。

So, here are a couple of different ways we can say that.

所以,我這裡有幾個說法去表達我們聽不懂對方的意思。

The first one," I didn't catch that." , " I'm sorry, I didn't catch that." This means the exact same thing as" I don't understand."

第一,“我沒聽懂”,“不好意思,我沒聽懂”這句話跟“我不明白”是一個意思。

So you can say " I don't understand." or " I didn't catch that."

所以你可以說“我不明白”或是 “我沒聽懂”。

You can also say "I'm sorry, I don't understand." One thing a lot of students say, but it's not a good thing to say" I no understand." Okay?

你也可以說 “不好意思,我沒明白”,很多學員都這麼說。但是說" I no understand."是不太好的。懂嗎?

This," I no understand" , I hear many students say it.

這個" I no understand",我聽很多學員這麼說。

This, wrong.

這樣說是錯的。

Okay?

懂嗎?

So you can either say" I didn't catch that." , "I'm sorry I don't understand.", but you cannot say " I no understand." That one is bad English.

所以你可以說“我沒聽懂”,或是“不好意思,我沒明白”,但是你不可以說" I no understand."。這是錯誤的英語表達。

Okay, so that's the first step.

好了,這就是第一步。

The second step is using a strategy.

第二步就是要使用策略。

Okay?

懂嗎?

So what do I mean by this?

我這麼說是什麼意思呢?

When you use a strategy, you're pretty much asking somebody to help you out in a different way.

當你使用策略時,就會用另一種方式詢問別人來幫助你理解。

You're asking somebody to do something to help you understand.

你會叫別人做一些事情來幫助你理解。

So, this is an excellent expression, very polite.

所以,這是一種很棒的表達,也非常禮貌。

All of these start with" Could you please" .

這些表達都以" Could you please" 來開頭。

You can ask the person," Could you please write it down? " Okay?

你可以問別人:“你可以寫下來嗎?”明白嗎?

So," I'm sorry I didn't catch that. Could you please write it down? " Some. . .

“不好意思我不明白,你能寫下來嗎?”一些......

For some people, when they read it, it's easier than listening to it.

對一些人來說,當他們讀的時候,是比聽起來要容易很多的。

You can also ask somebody to repeat what they're saying.

你也可以讓別人重複他們說的話。

" Could you please repeat that? " Okay?

“你能重複下嗎”?明白嗎?

That means" Could you please say it again? "

意思就是:“你能再說一遍嗎?”

A lot of English speakers and also me, myself included, sometimes we speak too fast.

許多英語人士包括我自己,有時候我們說的太快了。

So, it's perfectly okay if you say politely," Could you please speak more slowly? " Maybe the problem is the person who's speaking is talking way too fast.

所以,如果你禮貌地說:“你能說得慢一點嗎”,那就太好了。也許問題在於那個人說得太快了。

So just a nice, friendly reminder," Could you please speak more slowly? "

所以這時候你只要友善地提醒下:“你能說得慢點嗎”

And finally, the fourth strategy," Could you please say it in a different way? "

最後,第四個策略:“你能換個說法嗎?”

This one is very useful because sometimes when you say to an English speaker," I don't understand" , they keep saying the same thing the exact same way, and that's not helpful.

這樣說非常有用,因為有時候你跟一個英語人士說“我不明白”,他們會一直重複他們的話,這樣做對你理解他的話沒什麼幫助。

Sometimes you really need to hear it in different words,

有時,你真的需要聽到另一種說法。

so it's also a great idea to ask the person," Could you please say it in a different way? " Okay?

所以你問別人:“你能換個說法嗎”,這是個很棒的主意。明白嗎?

So these are the first two steps.

所以這是頭兩步。

First, show you don't understand. Second, use a strategy.

首先,表示你不明白;其次,使用策略。

Now let's look at the third step.

現在我們來看看第三步吧。

Okay, so our third step is: Double check what the person is telling you.

好的,我們的第三步就是:再次確認跟你說的是什麼。

Check meaning.

確認他的意思。

So, this pretty much means that after you've told them you don't understand and you've asked them to use some sort of strategy, the third thing is you're going to make sure you really understood.

那麼,這也就是說在你表達你不懂之後,你使用一些策略去問他們,第三步就是你要確認你真的懂了對方的意思。

So, how are you going to do this?

那麼,這一步要怎麼做呢?

Well, one thing you can do is you can repeat back what the person said to you.

你可以重複對方跟你說的話。

Okay?

明白嗎?

So, for example, if somebody says something and you think you understand what they said, instead of just saying," Yes, I understand" , you can check by saying," So what you're saying is. . ." and repeat what they said.

例如,如果有人說了一些話,你覺得你能理解,你別說:“是的,我明白”,你可以說:“所以你的意思是......”重複對方的話以確認他的意思。

" So what you're saying is" , you know, " dogs are better than cats.", " Okay, what you're saying is the colour blue is fantastic." Okay?

“所以你的意思是狗狗比貓貓好”,“好的,你的意思是藍色很漂亮。”明白了嗎?

Just some examples.

就舉這些例子吧。

Another way to do this," So what you mean is. . ." Okay?

另一種說法就是:“所以你的意思是......” 明白了嗎?

So, these two things mean the same thing.

那麼,這兩種說法是一個意思。

" So what you're saying is. . ." , " So what you mean is. . ."

“所以你在說......”,“所以你的意思是......”

And finally, " I think I get what you're saying. . ." .

最後我要說:“我覺得我懂你的意思是......”

" Get" in English can also mean understand.

"Get"在英語中意味著“明白”。

So this sentence means " I think I understand what you're saying. . ." ,

所以這句話的意思是:“我覺得我明白你在說......”,

" I think I get what you're saying. . ." , " What you're saying is. . ." Okay?

“我覺得我明白你在說......”,“你在說......”明白嗎?

So, again, there are three steps to being a very good listener.

所以呢,成為聽力好的人需要三個步驟。

The first one is saying and being honest that you don't understand. The second step is using a strategy, for example," Could you write it down please? " , " Could you please repeat it? " Okay?

第一步是要誠實,承認你不理解別人的意思。第二步是使用策略,例如:“你能寫下來嗎?”“你能重複你的話嗎?”明白嗎?

And the final step is checking to make sure you really understood.

最後一步就是檢測你是否真的明白了對方的意思。

" So what you're saying is. . ." If you use these three strategies, they will really help improve your conversation, because instead of not having any clue what is happening and being very confused all the time, at least you're going to be more confident, and you will understand more.

“所以你的意思是......”如果你使用這些策略,它們真的會在對話中起到幫助作用,因為你已經不再雲裡霧裡、不知所云了,至少你會更加自信,並且會懂得更多。

You're not going to understand everything, that's okay.

你不可能什麼都聽懂的,沒關係的。

But these strategies will help you understand a lot more than if you just look scared, and nod and say " I understand" when you don't.

但是這些策略會幫助你明白更多,總比你看起來很慌張或點頭裝作你已經懂了好的多吧。

Okay?

明白了嗎?

So, I invite you to check out our website at www. engvid. com. There, you can find a quiz on this material, and you can practice some of these phrases that I've taught today.

好了,邀請大家登陸我們的網站www.engvid.com吧。在那裡,你會在材料中發現一個測試,大家可以練習下今天我教大家的詞組。

Until next time, take care.

下次再講吧,大家保重啦!


分享到:


相關文章: