Now,come on.Don't be selfish.快點說出來,獨樂樂不如眾樂樂


[Fairview Country Club]

(Rex and Bree sit at a table eating lunch.)

Bree: "What's wrong, Rex? Didn't you enjoy your golf game with Dr. Wallace?"

雷克斯,你怎麼啦?和華萊士醫生打高爾夫球打得不盡興嗎

Rex: "I didn't play. I'm still feeling sluggish."

我沒打,可我還是覺得渾身沒勁

sluggish adj. 蕭條的;遲鈍的;行動遲緩的;懶惰的

Bree: "Still? Did you talk to him about that?"

是嗎?那你有沒有把這個情況告訴他?

Rex: "Yeah, of course. He doesn't understand why the medication isn't working, and he wants me to come in for a checkup tomorrow."當然,他不理解藥為什麼沒有效果,他叫我明天去檢查

(Some women laughing at the next table cause the two of them to turn and look. Tisha walks away from that table and heads to another one.)

Bree: "I can see that Tisha is making the rounds. She must have some juicy new anecdote."

我看到蒂什在轉來轉去,她肯定有什麼新鮮勁爆八卦

juicy adj. 多汁的;有趣的;刺激性強的;報酬多的

anecdote n.軼事;奇聞

Rex: "Then, get her over here. I could use a funny story today."

不然把她叫過來,我今天可有得樂了。

Bree: "Tisha. Tisha. Oh, I can tell by that look on your face you've got something good. Now, come on, don't be selfish."蒂什 從你臉上我看出你肯定有什麼趣事。快點說出來,獨樂樂不如眾樂樂。

by that look on your face 根據你臉上的表情

selfish adj. 任性的,自私的,利己的

Don't be selfish. 意思時別太自私。(這裡用意譯,有什麼新鮮事拿出來分享不要藏著不說——獨樂樂不如眾樂樂)


Tisha: "Well, first off, you're not friends with Maisy Gibbons, are you?"

我先問一下,你們不是梅西的朋友吧?

(There's a short pause as Rex and Bree stare at each other before Bree turns back to Tisha.)

Bree: "No."不是。

Tisha: "Thank god, because this is too good. Maisy was arrested. While Harold was at work, she was having sex with men in her house for money. Can you imagine?"謝天謝地,因為這實在太勁爆了。梅西被抓起來了。在哈羅德上班時,她在家賣春賺錢。想不到吧?

Bree: "No, I can't."是的想不到。

Tisha: "And that's not even the best part. Word is, she had a little black book with all her clients' names."

最勁爆的是:聽說她有個小黑本,上面記著她所有客戶的名字

Rex: "So, uh...you think that'll get out?"你覺得這些名單會洩露出去嗎?

Tisha: "Of course. These things always do. Nancy, wait up. I

can't wait to tell you this. Wait, wait."

那是當然,這種情況總是如此。南希,等等,我都等不及告訴你了。等一等。

can't wait to do 迫不及待做某事

(She rushes off.)

Bree: "Well, you heard your funny story, Rex. Why aren't you laughing?"

雷克斯,這下你可有得樂啦。怎麼笑不出來啊


分享到:


相關文章: