BBC动画职场 36 与新人合作


Welcome back to English at Work where Anna is very… well, very happy!

欢迎回到“职场英语”,安娜像是十分高兴!

You're in a good mood Anna.

安娜,你心情很好啊。

Well, I'm just back from France, where everything went really well.

我刚从法国回来,一切都进展得很顺利。

It was quite an experience.

多么棒的经历。

Good. You got the contract for that big order.

很好,你签了大订单的合同。

All you need to do now is to deliver what you've promised.

你现在要做的就是按照承诺送货。

I know.

我知道。

Hello Anna. Is Tom OK?

你好,安娜,汤姆还好吗?

He seems really grumpy since he got back from France.

他从法国回来后似乎脾气很坏。

He's fine.

他没事的。

He just had to sleep on the sofa last night.

他只是昨晚在沙发上睡了一宿。

Really? ! I'm sure that's not what he was planning.

真的吗?我确定这不是他计划的。

Now, did Paul mention he's got a new member of staff for you to meet this morning?

保罗说过他今早要带你见见新同事吗?

No.

没有。

Typical!

一贯如此!

Well, she's coming up in the lift with Paul now.

她现在和保罗一起坐电梯上来了。

Oh, so who is she?

她是谁?

It's Rachel. Do you remember?

是瑞秋,你记得吗?

She's the woman who Mr Socrates recommended.

她是苏格拉底先生推荐的人。

He says she's brilliant and allegedly one of his best employees…

他说她很优秀,并称是他最好的员工之一。

Oh, here she comes now.

她来了。

… and this is our office.

这是我们的办公室。

Ah, Anna, there you are.

安娜,你在这里。

Did I mention before you went to France, that Rachel is joining us for a while?

你去法国前我跟你提过瑞秋会加入我们一阵子吗?

No.

没有。

Ah… well… here she is. This is Rachel.

就是她,瑞秋。

Hi!

你好!

Hi. I'm Anna.

你好,我是安娜。

I work here as a sales executive.

我是这里的销售主管。

I know. You're quite new aren't you, ya?

我知道,你还是个新人,不是吗?

Not that new.

也不算新人了。

She's just won a great contract for us.

她为我们赢得了一份很棒的合同。

Anyway, looks like you two are going to get on like a house on fire.

总之,看起来你们会一见如故。

Anna, I'd like you to, sort of, work alongside Rachel.

安娜,我希望你能和瑞秋一起工作。

Alongside? Shouldn't I be in charge?

一起?难道不是我负责吗?

Yes… it's just, you know, you're not familiar with our office and Anna is, sort of, across this new contract… so… if you don't mind?

是的,只是你还不熟悉我们的办公室,而安娜签了新合同,所以……如果你不介意的话?

OK. Just for now, but don't think I'm going to be told what to do.

好吧,目前是,但别以为我会任人使唤。

I'm sure you won't be Rachel but maybe we could help each other?

我保证不会的,瑞秋,但也许我们应该互相帮助?

I'll try.

我试着做吧。

Good!

很好!

Oh dear. This is awkward.

天啊。太难相处了。

I've never worked with anyone like this before.

我从来没有和这种人工作过。

Well, now's your chance Anna.

你的机会来了,安娜。

Rachel may be awkward to manage but try these phrases which may help things go more smoothly.

瑞秋可能有点难应付,但试试这些表达会帮你应对自如。

Say, " I understand you have lots of experience so I would like to use your skills to help with the task."

比如说:“我知道你有很多经验,所以我想借用你的这些技巧完成任务。”

And, " Together we can do this job really well."

还有“我们一起能把工作做得很好。”

But why not just start by making her a cup of tea.

但为什么不先给她来一杯茶呢。

Good luck!

祝你好运!

Oh thanks.

多谢。

Rachel, would you like a cup of tea?

瑞秋,你想喝杯茶吗?

And then we could talk about this contract.

之后我们可以谈谈合同的事。

I don't drink tea.

我不喝茶。

Let's just get down to business.

让我们开始谈正事吧。

Oh, right.

好的。

Now, I think you need to check your stock and make sure you've got your oranges.

我认为你应该检查你的库存,确保有足够的橙子。

Err… It's lemons actually.

事实上是柠檬。

Whatever. Just get them and… you know… put them in a… thingy… a box.

随便了。去查查,把它们放在……某样东西……箱子里。

Well, actually… I understand you have lots of experience so maybe we could you use your skills for this task?

事实上,我知道你有很多经验,所以也许我想借用你的这些技巧完成该任务。

Well, it's true, I do have lots of experience.

没错,我是有很多经验。

Thanks for recognising that.

多谢你的认可。

So maybe… we could work on this job… together?

所以也许我们可以一起做这份工作?

Oh ya, sure. Great. Of course.

当然,很好。

I can get hold of these oranges… err… lemons, pronto.

我可以立马搞定这些橙子……柠檬。

I know a man who can get some second-hand ones, it'll save us loads of money.

我知道一个人能拿到二手货,这能节省我们很多钱。

But what about the quality?

但是质量怎么样?

Quality? ! It's the cost we've got to worry about.

质量?我们应该担心的是成本。

Keep up Hannah.

别那么落后,汉娜。

Anna.

是安娜。

Come on Anna. Don't let her boss you around.

拜托,安娜。别让她指手画脚的。

It's time to stand your ground.

是时候坚持立场了。

If she causes trouble say " let's discuss this so we can agree on a plan of action" or " please respect my decision and let's move on."

如果她引起了麻烦就说:“让我们讨论一下然后得出一致的行动计划”或“请尊重我的决定,让我们继续。”

Hmm, OK, I'll give it a try.

好的,我会试试。

Rachel, I like your enthusiasm but… can we discuss this so we can agree on a plan of action?

瑞秋,我喜欢你的热情,但我们能讨论一下然后得出一致的行动计划吗?

Of course. Why didn't you say?

当然,你怎么不早说?

Come on discuss… discuss… talk!

来吧,讨论讨论,谈谈!

Well, we pride ourselves on quality products and our Imperial Lemon is particularly good… and I think our client is expecting that.

我们以产品质量为傲,皇家柠檬又是特别出众的,我想客户更看重这点。

So I would like to send them what I had promised in the contract.

所以我想按合同承诺的发给他们。

Oh ya, I see.

是的,我明白了。

But I'm not really sure you're right.

但我不确定你是对的。

Well, if you could just respect my decision this time and we can move on?

如果这次你能尊重我的决定,我们就能继续了。

Well, just this once Hannah.

就这一次,汉娜。

But I think I'm going to have to talk to Mr Socrates about you.

但我想我会和苏格拉底先生谈谈你的。

. . . . . .

Well done Anna for standing your ground.

干得好,安娜,坚持了你的立场。

It can sometimes be tricky working with a new member of staff, but it's important to try and develop a good working relationship – remember business comes first!

和新同事一起工作有时候会很难,但重要的是搞好工作关系,记住公事优先!

Let's hear those phrases again.

让我们再听听这些表达。

I understand you have lots of experience, so I would like to use your skills to help with the task.

我知道你有很多经验,所以也许我想借用你的这些技巧完成该任务。

Together we can do this job really well.

我们一起可以把工作做好。

Let's discuss this so we can agree on a plan of action.

让我们讨论一下然后得出一致的行动计划。

Please respect my decision and let's move on.

请尊重我的决定,让我们继续。

. . . . . .


Hi Anna. Can't believe we were in France this time yesterday.

嗨,安娜。真不敢相信我们昨天还在法国。

Oh hello, Tommy boy.

你好啊,小汤米。

Long time no see!

好久不见!

This is a nice surprise.

这真是一个惊喜。

Have you two met before?

你们之前认识吗?

We certainly have. Hey Tommy boy?

我们当然认识。嘿,小汤米?

Oh no!

不!

Looks like Tom is lost for words – let's hope he finds them in time for the next episode of English at Work. Bye!

看起来汤姆无语了,希望在下一集“职场英语”中他能及时找到合适的词。再见!


分享到:


相關文章: