He could use a shoulder to cry on.他需要一個可以傾訴的對象


He could use a shoulder to cry on.他需要一個可以傾訴的對象

Morty: I got it. I got it.

我能行,我能行。

Sophie: (to her daughter and granddaughter) Thank you for having me. I'm going to miss you both so much.

謝謝收留我,我會非常想念你們的。

Susan: Us too. The house will seem just empty without you

我們也一樣,沒有你家裡會顯得好冷清。

Julie: Can't you guys stay just a little bit longer?

你們就不能多呆幾天嗎?

Susan: Oh no. No no no. They wanna get their new life together started. We don't want to hold these two crazy kids back.

不,不不不。他們想馬上開始新生活,我可不想拖這些小情人的後腿。

Susan: Bye, Morty.

Morty: Listen, I hope it's okay, but your mom told me some of the stuff that you've been going through with the plumber guy across the street.

我希望這沒事。你媽媽告訴了我一些你經歷的事,就是跟住在對面的水管工的事情。

Susan: She did, huh?

她說了?

Morty: Yeah,uh. Don't give up on him. I mean, if I had given up I wouldn't be here now with this lovely lady.

是的,別放棄他. 要知道,要是我放棄了,我現在就不會和這位可愛的女士在一起了。

Susan: Did she tell you that he served time in prison for manslaughter?

她有沒有告訴你他因過失殺人而蹲過大牢

Morty: No. No, she left that part out.

沒有,那個她沒說

Susan: I don't suppose she told you he was a drug dealer?

我估計她也沒告訴你他是個毒販子。

Morty: I don't recall that.

我記不清了。

Sophie: Will you stop? You don't know the whole story.

別這樣,你並不知道整件事。

Susan: Mother!

Sophie: I went over there and told him how much you love him.

我跟他講你有多愛他。

Susan: What? What were you thinking?

什麼,你怎麼想的?

Julie: (asking the right question) What did he say?

那他怎麼說/

Susan: Yeah, what did he say?

是啊,他怎麼說?

Sophie: I think I walked in on him at a very bad time. Someone close to him had just died.

我想我去的不是時候,有個親人剛剛去世了。

Susan: (sympathetically) Oh god, really?

天啊,真的?

Sophie: He could use a shoulder to cry on.

他需要一個可以靠著哭泣的肩膀/他需要一個可以傾訴的人。

“a shoulder to cry on 可以依偎著哭泣的肩膀”意思是“願意傾聽、提供慰藉的人,可以傾訴的對象”

Sophie: Can I have one more hug? Please? I can't stand this!

再抱一下好嗎?拜託,我捨不得你。


分享到:


相關文章: