I'm married.People would talk.我是有夫之婦人們會說閒話的。

口語學習

I can't wait.

我都等不及了。

I think it's the best I've ever had.

這是我吃過的最好吃的。

We could just make pigs of ourselves.

我們可以盡情地玩個夠。

Because I'm married! People would talk.

我是有婦之夫,人們會閒言碎語的。



Bree: mmmh! Oh, George, you have got to taste this. It's a little messy but..

喔,喬治,你一定得嚐嚐這個,模樣不太好可......

George: I can't wait. Is that fennel seed? It's fantastic.

我都等不及了。是茴香籽嗎?味道非常香。

Bree: I don't know. But anything that good has got to be sinful.

我不知道,但如此的美味總透著點罪惡。

sinful adj. 有罪的;罪惡的

George: Isn't this fun trying different dishes, opening the mind to new experiences?

嘗試不同食物,來點新的體驗很不錯啊。

Bree: Rex just hates these cooks tours. He likes to stay at home with the same old spaghetti and a mug of root beer.

雷克斯討厭這些所謂的美食之旅,他喜歡呆在家吃意大利麵,喝一大杯根汁汽水。

Root Beer根汁汽水是含二氧化碳和糖的無酒精碳酸飲料,像可樂一樣也是用不同的藥草根及黃樟、冬青油等製成的飲料,比可樂甜度低,藥味更濃一些,具有更多泡沫,口感也更醇,盛行於北美。

George: So how about this marinara sauce? I think it's the best I've ever had.

意式番茄醬怎麼樣?這是我吃過的最好吃的。

Bree: I've had one better but that was in Italy.

我吃過更好吃的,不過是在意大利。

George: You've been to Italy?

你去過意大利?

Bree: Yes. Rex and I took a vacation there, right before the kids were born. We had so much fun in those first few years. I guess it was easier to be happy back then. I don't know why I said that. No more wine for me.

雷克斯和我去那兒度假,那是在孩子出生前,結婚頭幾年我們很幸福。回想那時我很容易就開心起來。我怎麼就說起這個。我不該再喝了。

George: Maybe we should go to Italy.

也許我們該去意大利。

Bree: What?

什麼?

George: Wouldn't that be a hoot? All those museums and cathedrals and. It's fantastic for tourists. We could just make pigs of ourselves.

那一定很有趣,那兒有博物館,大教堂 ,特別適合遊客遊玩。我們可以盡情玩個夠.(品嚐意大利美食遊覽當地博物館大教堂)

hoot n.鳴笛聲;貓頭鷹叫聲;一點點;好笑的人或事

make a pig of oneself 狼吞虎嚥;猛吃猛喝

Bree: I can't go on a trip with you, George.

我不能和你去旅行,喬治。

George: Why not?

為什麼不行?

Bree:

Because I'm married! People would talk.

我是有夫之婦,人們會閒言碎語的

George: You're right. I'm sorry. It was a bad idea.

你說的是,很抱歉,這是個餿主意。

Bree: Oh, don't worry about it. Here I want you to try one of these clams. I bet they're as good as the marinara sauce.

別多想了。來,試試這個蛤蚌,我敢打賭和番茄醬一樣美味。


George: You are absolutely right. When it's that good, it's got to be sinful.

你說得很對,美好的事物總透著點罪惡。(雙關語)


分享到:


相關文章: