《简·爱》经典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

Mr.Rochester:I have a strange feeling with regard to you.As if I had a string,somewhere under my left ribs tightly knotted to similar string in you.

我对你有一种非常奇怪的感觉。就好像我与你之间有一根线,从我左肋骨某个地方,紧紧地与你相连。

And if you were to leave I'm afraid that quart of communion would snap.

如果你要离开,我害怕我们之间的这种纽带也会随之断掉。

And I have a notion that I take tobleeding inwardly.

我相信我的内心会因此而流血受伤。

《简·爱》经典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

As for you, you'd forget me.

至于你,你应该早已忘了我吧。

Jane:How?

怎么忘?

I have lived a full life here.

我在这里住了一辈子。

I have not been trampled on,I have not been petrified.

我从来没有被这样摧残过,从未试过这样心胆俱裂。

《简·爱》经典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

I have not been excluded from every glimpse of what is bright.

从未像这样,被拒之黑暗中,见不到一丝光明。

I have known you Mr. Rochester.

我很了解你,罗切斯特先生。

And it strikes me with anguish to be torn from you.

离你而去,我的内心也痛苦不堪。

Mr.Rochester:Then why must you leave?

那你为何还要离去?

《简·爱》经典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

Jane:Because of your wife!

因为你的妻子!

Mr.Rochester:I have no wife.

我没有妻子。

Jane:But you are to be married.

但你马上要结婚了。

Mr.Rochester:Jane,you must stay.

简,你一定要留下。

Jane:And become nothing to you?

留下来当一个对你无足轻重的人吗?

《简·爱》经典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

Am I a machine without feelings?

我难道就是个没有感情的机器吗?

Do you think that because I am poor,obscure,plain,and little that I am soulless and heartless?

你以为我贫穷、低微、不美、缈小,我就没有灵魂,没有心吗?

I have as much soul as you and full as much heart.

我的心灵跟你一样丰富,我的心胸跟你一样充实。

And if God had blessed me with beauty and wealth, I could make it as hard for you to leave me as it is for I to leave you.

要是上帝赐予我一点姿色和充足的财富,我本可以让你对我不能自拔就像现在我对你一样。

I'm not speaking to you through a mortal flesh.

我现在不是以血肉之躯和你说话。

It is my spirit that addresses your spirit.

而是我的灵魂同你的灵魂在对话。

As if we'd passed through the grave and stood at God's feet, equal.

就仿佛我们两人穿过坟墓,站在上帝脚下彼此平等。

As we are.

本该如此。

《简·爱》经典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

Mr.Rochester:As we are

本该如此。

Jane:I am a free human being with an independent will,which I now exert to leave you.

我是一个有独立意志的自由人,现在我自愿离开你。

Mr.Rochester:Then let your will decide your destiny.

那就用你的意志来决定自己的命运吧。

I offer you my hand, my heart.

我给你我的手,我的心。

Jane,I ask you to pass through life at my side.

简,我希望你与我共度余生

You are my equal and my likeness.

你是与我相等又相像的另一半。

Will you marry me?

你愿意嫁给我吗?


分享到:


相關文章: