關於turn的十個動詞短語,掌握了,對於提升英語詞彙很有幫助,當然對於聽力和口語也會有幫助的。
- turn on
this means to start a device by switching it on表示通過開關來啟動設備,與turn off 對應,on是開,off是關。
for example:can you turn off the lights when you leave。離開時請關燈。
注意,to turn on a person 意味著在情感上激發某個人。- turn off
this means to stop a device by switching it off 表示通過開關來停掉某個設備。
for example :turn off the TV and listen to me。關掉電視,聽我說。
It can also mean to really not excite somebody 也可有不激發某人的意思。- turn out
this means to result or to end up 意思是“結果”或者“結束”
for example :oh I thought my homework was gonna turn out better than this.我感覺我的作業要做完了。
- turn around
this means to rotate to physically rotate something意思是旋轉,物理上的旋轉。
for example :turn around you've left the abel in your jacket。轉身,你把夾克衫的標籤落下了。
- turn back
用 turn around 也適用於 turn back。
this means to return to a previous state of being 意思是返回之前的某個狀態。
for example :
once you move out there's no turning back 。你出去了就不要再回來了!
once you move out you can't turn back。一旦你搬出去了,就不要再回來了!
- turn against
this means to oppose 意思是反對,可能是經常的突然的反對。
for example :we were great friends and then she turned against me and started gossiping about me。我們是好朋友,但是她不僅反對我,還八卦我。
- turn in
this means to submit something or to give something。意思是提交某些東西或者給某些東西。
for example: I want you all to turn in your homework on Monday morning。我希望你們所有人週一早上上交作業。
- turn down
this means to refuse decline or reject something意思是拒絕,拒絕某物
for example: I asked him out but he turned me down he rejected me,我喊他出去,但是他拒絕了,他拒絕了我。
- turn into
this means to transform into something意思是轉變,轉化
for example: she clicked her fingers and he turned into a frog finally,她彈指間把他變成了青蛙。
- turn up
this means to appear suddenly or to attend an event意思是突然出現或者參加活動。
for example :
oh look who just turned up 噢!看誰來了!
oh look who just appeared 噢!看誰出現了!
oh look who is attending the event 噢!誰出現了!
I hope you learned something and I hope you enjoyed it!
閱讀更多 墨菲心裡說 的文章