「英語晨讀」Partying with Foreigners(內附音頻)

英語晨讀

Partying with Foreigners

與老外同樂

「英語晨讀」Partying with Foreigners(內附音頻)

Partying is fun.But have you ever been invited to a party by a foreigner?

參加派對很有趣。可是,你曾被老外邀請去參加派對嗎?

What should you wear?

你該穿什麼樣的衣服?

Should you bring anything?

你該帶什麼東西去嗎?

If so,what?

如果要帶的話,帶什麼?

Don't worry.

別擔心。

「英語晨讀」Partying with Foreigners(內附音頻)

Today we are going to give you some tips about partying with foreigners.

今天我們要給你一些提示,讓你知道參加老外的派對時該怎麼做。

First,you should ask if it is a formal or casual party.

首先,你得問清楚這是個正式的還是非正式的派對。

Then you will know what to wear.

那麼你就知道該穿什麼樣的服裝了。

It's as simple as that.

就是那麼簡單。

At a casual party, it is customary to bring a bottle of wine or some other refreshment.

若是非正式的派對,習慣上是要帶瓶酒或其他點心。

「英語晨讀」Partying with Foreigners(內附音頻)

It is not considered polite to bring someone along with you unless you first ask your host.

帶某些未經邀請的人參加是不禮貌的,除非事先問過主人。

At more formal parties like birthdays,a small gift will be sufficient.

若是比較正式的派對,如生日派對等,送個小禮物就夠了,

Giving money would cause some embarrassment.

送錢會令人尷尬。

Finally,never overstay your welcome.

最後要注意的是,千萬別逗留過久而生厭。

When it's getting late,it's time to thank you host for a wonderful evening and say good night.

時候不早時,你就該向主人致謝並告訴你度過了一個美好的夜晚,然後說聲晚安道別。

「英語晨讀」Partying with Foreigners(內附音頻)

重點單詞

embarrassment n. 困窘,尷尬,困難

sufficient adj. 足夠的,充分的

customary adj. 習慣的,慣例的

相關閱讀:

後語:堅持是一種信仰,專注是一種態度!每一次您的轉發,就是對我們的認同和鼓勵!親們,喜歡就積極轉發吧,您的每一次轉發,都是我們持續的原創動力。原創的路上感恩有您一路同行!!!

關注“英語週報”頭條號,最原創、最海量、最有價值、最有內容、最有情懷的深度閱讀平臺。


分享到:


相關文章: