I wanna make sure you'll let me protect you想保護你不受傷害

口語學習:

I wanted to talk to you in person.我想和你見面談

I have some potentially upsetting news我要跟你說件比較麻煩的事。

Come on, Mrs Solis, you can tell me. I can handle it.

說吧,索利斯夫人,你可以告訴我,我能搞定。

Man, I can barely afford my new dirt bike. How am I gonna handle child support?

天啊,我連摩托車都買不起,我怎麼養得起孩子?

John, something like this could ruin your life.

約翰,這事會毀掉你的人生

There's no point in this catastrophe taking both of us down.

沒有必要把倆都捲入這場災難。

Forget about it.

忘掉這一切吧。

John: Hi, did you get my messages?

收到我的留言了嗎?

Gabrielle: Yeah,I didn't call you back because I wanted to talk to you in person. I have some potentially upsetting news.

是的,我沒給你回電話 我想和你見面談。我要跟你說件比較麻煩的事。

John: Come on, Mrs Solis, you can tell me. I can handle it.

說吧,索利斯夫人,你可以告訴我,我能搞定。

Gabrielle: I'm pregnant and it might be yours.

我懷孕了,孩子可能是你的

John: Ma'am, I can barely afford my new dirt bike. How am I gonna handle child support?

天啊,我連摩托車都買不起,我怎麼養得起孩子?

barely adv.幾乎不

afford v. 負擔得起,買得起

dirt bike n.(尤指用於比賽的) 越野摩托車(美國俚語)

handle v.用手操作,操縱;處理或負責,管理;

Gabrielle: We don't even know for sure if it‘s yours, so relax. Okay, and I didn't come here to watch you freak out.

還沒確定是不是你的,被激動。我不是來這兒看你發瘋的。

John: So why did you come here?

那你來幹什麼?

Gabrielle: I wanna make sure you'll let me protect you.

我想確保你不受傷害。

John: From who?誰會傷害我?

Gabrielle: Um, Carlos? Your parents? John, something like this could ruin your life. That's why you have to keep quiet about our affair. There's no point in this catastrophe taking both of us down.

卡洛斯,你的父母親。約翰,

這事會毀掉你的人生。所以咱倆的事你一定要保密。沒有必要把倆都捲入這場災難。

There's no point...是沒有意義的。

John: Thank you.

謝謝。

Gabrielle: Forget about it.

忘掉這一切吧。

John: I should've worn a condom.

我該戴安全套的。

Gabrielle: Yeah, that would have been helpful.

是的要是那樣的話會很有幫助的。


分享到:


相關文章: