03.07 《簡·愛》經典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

Mr.Rochester:I have a strange feeling with regard to you.As if I had a string,somewhere under my left ribs tightly knotted to similar string in you.

我對你有一種非常奇怪的感覺。就好像我與你之間有一根線,從我左肋骨某個地方,緊緊地與你相連。

And if you were to leave I'm afraid that quart of communion would snap.

如果你要離開,我害怕我們之間的這種紐帶也會隨之斷掉。

And I have a notion that I take tobleeding inwardly.

我相信我的內心會因此而流血受傷。

《簡·愛》經典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

As for you, you'd forget me.

至於你,你應該早已忘了我吧。

Jane:How?

怎麼忘?

I have lived a full life here.

我在這裡住了一輩子。

I have not been trampled on,I have not been petrified.

我從來沒有被這樣摧殘過,從未試過這樣心膽俱裂。

《簡·愛》經典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

I have not been excluded from every glimpse of what is bright.

從未像這樣,被拒之黑暗中,見不到一絲光明。

I have known you Mr. Rochester.

我很瞭解你,羅切斯特先生。

And it strikes me with anguish to be torn from you.

離你而去,我的內心也痛苦不堪。

Mr.Rochester:Then why must you leave?

那你為何還要離去?

《簡·愛》經典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

Jane:Because of your wife!

因為你的妻子!

Mr.Rochester:I have no wife.

我沒有妻子。

Jane:But you are to be married.

但你馬上要結婚了。

Mr.Rochester:Jane,you must stay.

簡,你一定要留下。

Jane:And become nothing to you?

留下來當一個對你無足輕重的人嗎?

《簡·愛》經典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

Am I a machine without feelings?

我難道就是個沒有感情的機器嗎?

Do you think that because I am poor,obscure,plain,and little that I am soulless and heartless?

你以為我貧窮、低微、不美、緲小,我就沒有靈魂,沒有心嗎?

I have as much soul as you and full as much heart.

我的心靈跟你一樣豐富,我的心胸跟你一樣充實。

And if God had blessed me with beauty and wealth, I could make it as hard for you to leave me as it is for I to leave you.

要是上帝賜予我一點姿色和充足的財富,我本可以讓你對我不能自拔就像現在我對你一樣。

I'm not speaking to you through a mortal flesh.

我現在不是以血肉之軀和你說話。

It is my spirit that addresses your spirit.

而是我的靈魂同你的靈魂在對話。

As if we'd passed through the grave and stood at God's feet, equal.

就彷彿我們兩人穿過墳墓,站在上帝腳下彼此平等。

As we are.

本該如此。

《簡·愛》經典片段,Am I a machine without feelings?

Mr.Rochester:As we are

本該如此。

Jane:I am a free human being with an independent will,which I now exert to leave you.

我是一個有獨立意志的自由人,現在我自願離開你。

Mr.Rochester:Then let your will decide your destiny.

那就用你的意志來決定自己的命運吧。

I offer you my hand, my heart.

我給你我的手,我的心。

Jane,I ask you to pass through life at my side.

簡,我希望你與我共度餘生

You are my equal and my likeness.

你是與我相等又相像的另一半。

Will you marry me?

你願意嫁給我嗎?


分享到:


相關文章: