江蘇專轉本英語語法——情態動詞(二)

特殊情態動詞

除了上述的基本情態動詞之外,還有一些如would rather, would sooner, would (just) as soon, had rather, had better, had sooner, can not but, may (just) as well等可用作情態動詞。

The soldier would sooner die than surrender. 這個戰士寧死不降。

If you don’t like to swim, you may just as well stay at home. 如果你不喜歡游泳,你也可以待在家裡啊。

這些短語後一般直接跟動詞原形。但是當would (had) rather, would (had) sooner, would (just) as soon後可跟that 引導的從句時,從句就要用虛擬語氣。對現在和將來的假設用過去時,對過去的假設用過去完成時。例如:

I would rather you went home right now.我倒寧願你現在立刻回家去。

I would sooner you hadn’t asked me to speak yesterday. 我倒寧願你昨天沒邀請我講話。

情態動詞中應特別注意的典型結構

They must be in the library, aren’t they? 他們一定還在圖書館,對吧?

They must have gone to the library, haven’t they? 他們一定去圖書館了,對吧?

They must have been to the library yesterday, didn’t they?

他們昨天一定去了圖書館,是不是?

Let me do it, will you? 讓我來做,好麼?

Let me help you, may I? 請讓我幫你,可以嗎?

Don’t move, will you? 請你別動!

Go quickly, can you? 你能不能快點?

Let’s go for a walk, shall we? 咱們去散步,好麼?

He used to live in the countryside, didn’t /usedn′t he? 他過去住在農村,對吧?

江蘇專轉本英語語法——情態動詞(二)


分享到:


相關文章: