5种常见英式口语表达


Hello and welcome back to English with Lucy.

大家好,欢迎回到和露西学英语。

Today we have another episode of my fabulous 5 Common British Expressions.

今天,更新一期我超爱的"5种常见英式英语表达方式"。

Now, before we get started, make sure you connect with me on all my social media which is right here.

在我们开始之前,记得到社交媒体上联系我。

And, I've got my Instagram account, obviously you can subscribe to my Youtube, you can also like me on Facebook, and, for my Chinese followers I have my Weibo account aswell.

我有我的ins账户,你们当然也可以订阅我的油管账户,也可以在脸书上给我点赞,以及,为了我的中国粉丝们,我也有微博账号。

OK, so our first expression is 'a piece of cake' .

好了,我们要讲的第一个表达方式是"小菜一碟"。

And this is very similar to 'easy peasy lemon squeezy' which we've discussed in a previous video, and basically, it means very easy.

这一句和我们之前的视频中讲过的'easy peasy lemon squeezy' 非常相似,基本上,它的意思就是,某件事非常简单。

So I might come out of a particularly easy exam saying: " That exam was a piece of cake". " That exam was really easy".

所以我可能参加一场非常简单的考试,然后说:简直小菜一碟。那场考试太容易了。

So, number two, 'break a leg'.

第二条,"祝你好运"。(打断一条腿)

Actually looks really rather cruel.

听起来有点残忍。

But, I promise you it's positive, and, 'break a leg' means 'good luck' .

但是我保证它的意义是积极的,'break a leg' 的意思是"祝你好运"。

So, before a race, before a job interview, before a test. . . Instead of saying 'good luck' , I might say break a leg, do really well.

所以,在一场比赛之前,或者一次面试,一场考试……要替代 'good luck' ,我可能会说'break a leg' ,好运。

So, since we're talking about legs, let's bring arms into the equation as well.

那么既然我们讲到了腿,我们也讲讲胳膊吧。

Number three is, it cost an arm and a leg.

第三,这东西太贵了。(花了我一条胳膊一条腿)

And this basically means something was really expensive.

它的意思差不多就是某样东西价格非常的贵。

If I say my bag cost an arm and a leg, I mean it cost a lot of money.

如果我说我的包包"cost an arm and a leg"就是说它很昂贵。

Now, the next one isn't particularly nice.

下一个其实不是特别好的说法。

It is 'to pop one's clogs', snd this actually means 'to die'.

就是"去世"(拔出某人的木塞)它实际上的意思是形容某人"死去"。

But we use it quite affectionately, it's like a nice way of saying that someone's died.

但是这个短语的含义是很暖心的,是一种形容某人去世的委婉方式。

So, I'm going to a funeral this Sunday, my neighbour's popped his clogs.

我这周日要参加一场葬礼,我的邻居去世了。

It's a way of saying 'my neighbour's died', but we don't want to say the 'death' word, so we say they've popped their clogs

这就是表达"我的邻居去世了"的一种方式,但是我们不用"死"这个字眼,而是说"popped their clogs"。

And then we have number 5, to call it a day, and this means to end a task.

我们讲到了第五条,"收工结束"。它的意思是完成了一项任务。

So for example, " I'm feeling a bit tired, I think I'll call it a day".

例如,今天有点累了,就先这样吧。

And that means, " I think I'll stop here, let's finish".

它的意思就是"我要把工作先放在这里了,我们收工吧。"

So, as we've come to number 5, I think I'll call it a day now!

既然我们讲到了第五条了,我也要call it a day啦!

Bye!

拜拜!

Thank you so much for watching this episode of 5 Common British Expressions.

非常感谢你们观看这一集的"5种常见英式英语表达"。

I hope you liked it and I hope you learnt something, make sure you connect with all my social media as I said before, and have a very lovely week!

希望你们喜欢,也学到了东西,记得去关注我的社交媒体账号,大家周末愉快!

Bye!

拜!

This wine is. . . . . off.

这酒……过期了。