with all due respect,恕我直言; 恕我冒昧; 我冒昧地说一句;



[Susan's House, nighttime]

(Susan answers a knock at the door while Julie does her homework at the kitchen table.)

Susan: "Hi."

Detective Copeland: "Hi. I'm sorry to bother you at night, Miss Mayer, but I was hoping that maybe you could come down to the station with me, uh, just answer a few more questions."

很抱歉这么晚打扰你,梅尔女士。我希望你能跟我去警察局一趟,再回答一些问题。


Susan: "Now? Well, I'm, I'm sorry, my daughter and I were going to go see a movie tonight."

现在吗。对不起。我女儿和我晚上要去看电影。

(As Susan and Detective Copeland talk, Julie looks out the kitchen window across the street to where Zach's party is.)

Julie: "Mom- we can do it another night. I'll be fine."

妈妈,我们可以改天去。我没事。

Susan: "Uh, let me get my purse."

我拿一下包包。

Detective Copeland: "Great."好的。

Susan: "Are you sure?"你确定吗?

Julie: "Yeah."

Susan: "I'm sure I won't be late. Bye."我不会很迟回来的。

Julie: "Bye."


[Police Interrogation Room]

(Susan sits at a small table. Detective Copeland sits down across from her, next to a video camera that's trained on Susan's face.)

(Behind a two-way mirror, a dark-haired man watches the two of them in the room.)

Detective Copeland: "You said that Mike came to your house around ten p.m. on the night of the seventh?"

Susan: "Um, am I supposed to talk into the camera?"

我要对着摄像机讲吗?

be supposed to 应该

Detective Copeland: "No, no, just talk to me."

不,不用,对着我讲就可以了。

Susan: "Okay. Uh, yes. He came over around ten o'clock."

好的,是的,他大概10点过来。

Detective Copeland: "Do you know of any tension between Mike and Martha Huber?"

你知道麦克和玛莎.胡博之间有什么过节吗?

tension n. 拉力;紧张,不安;电压

Susan: "No."不知道。

Detective Copeland: "Were you aware that Mike was shot recently?"

那你是否知道麦克最近有被枪打伤?

be aware that =know that 知道了解

Susan: "Yes, on Valentine's Day."

知道。在情人节的时候。

Detective Copeland: "And do you know how it came about?"

拿你知道那是怎么回事吗?

Susan: "He dropped his gun, cleaning it."

他在擦枪时不小心掉了。

Detective Copeland: "Miss Mayer, with all due respect, I've been working around guns for years. I've never seen one discharge when it hits the ground. Someone has to pull the trigger."

梅尔女士,

恕我直言,我用枪多年,我从没见过哪支枪因掉到地上而走火。肯定有人扣动扳机了。

with all due respect,恕我直言; 恕我冒昧; 我冒昧地说一句;说句不好听的话。

Susan: "Well, I wouldn't know about that."

那我就不知道了。

Detective Copeland: "Were you aware there was a home invasion, uh, three blocks from you on Pine Avenue, the day before Valentines?"

你知道情人节前一天有人入侵松树大道上的一户人家,离你家三个街区。

Susan: "No."不知道。

Detective Copeland: "The intruder was shot in the stomach. Where was Mike's wound?"

入侵者被抢打中腹部。麦克的伤在哪?

Susan: "The stomach."腹部。

Detective Copeland: "Do you love him?"你爱他吗?

Susan: "What? What does that have to do with ?"那有什么必然的联系吗?

Detective Copeland: "It's just sometimes people do stupid things when they're in love. I should know. I've been married four times. Tell me the truth. He wasn't with you that night, was he? He asked you to lie for him, didn't he?"

人们在恋爱时会做傻事。我最清楚这点。我结过四次婚。实话告诉我,那晚他没和你在一起,是吧?他叫你帮他撒谎,是不是?

Susan: "No, he didn't. He was with me and Mike wouldn't kill anybody. I'm sure of that."

不,没有。那晚他和我在一起的,麦克不会杀人的。这点我很清楚。

(Detective Copeland stands up and picks up a nearby file folder. He puts on his reading glasses, opens the thick folder, puts it on the table, sits down, and reads out loud.)

Detective Copeland: "Mike Delfino. Convicted nineteen eighty seven, did five and a half years for drug trafficking and manslaughter."麦克.德尔菲诺,1987年被判刑,因贩卖毒品和过失杀人做过5年半的牢。

(He turns the folder around towards Susan so she can see Mike's fingerprints and mug shots.)

Detective Copeland: "You want a coffee. I'm gonna go for coffee."

要不要来杯咖啡?我要去喝咖啡。

(She looks up and shakes her head.)

(He steps through the door that has the two-way mirror on it and stands with the other man.)

Detective Copeland: "So is she covering for her guy?"

她在包庇她的男人吗?

Man: "Nah,

she's just a sucker."

她只是上当了。

sucker 指容易上当轻信别人的人

(On the video camera, Susan looks shocked as she looks through the folder.)


分享到:


相關文章: