抗生素是什麼以及使用注意事項

病毒肆虐的日子,讓我們好好窩在家為國家做貢獻,實在無聊了來學學醫學常識和英語。今天來看個視頻,瞭解抗生素是什麼以及使用時該注意些什麼。

播放

暫停

進入全屏

退出全屏

00:00

00:00

重播

刷新

試試

雙語字幕

Hi Mum, how are you feeling?

媽媽,你感覺怎麼樣?

Oh, I don't feel so good. I heard I need antibiotics. But what are they? Exactly?

我感覺不舒服。醫生說我需要抗生素。它們到底是什麼呢?

Antibiotics come from natural sources.

抗生素來自天然來源。

These are used to battle against bacteria out in the environment.

它們被用於抵禦環境中的細菌。

Scientists take these molecules and use them to help fight infections in people.

科學家們獲取到這些分子並用它們幫助戰勝人體中的感染。

That sounds fantastic. I don't want any bacteria in my body.

聽起來好奇妙。我不想身體中有任何細菌。

Well, there are good and bad bacteria. Everyone has something called a microbiome.

細菌有好有壞。我們每個人都有個微生物群系。

Our microbiome is a collection of bacteria that live inside our bodies.

人類的微生物群系是生活在我們體內的一群細菌。

A healthy and strong microbiome is one that has many different kinds of good bacteria that protect us from getting sick.

健康、強大的微生物群系包括很多不同種類的有益細菌,保護我們遠離疾病。

So it's important that we keep these good bacteria.

所以保留這些有益細菌很重要。

But sometimes bad bacteria can get in and cause problems.

但有時有害細菌會侵入人體,引發問題。

This is why you've been prescribed antibiotics.

這時候就需要開抗生素。

Antibiotics can come in the form of pills or intravenous fluids.

抗生素有藥片狀的,也有靜脈輸液式的。

Well then, I hope we get the strongest one.

那我希望我們能得到最強的抗生素。

Actually, no antibiotics are considered weak or strong.

實際上,抗生素沒有強弱之分。

Antibiotics are either targeted or broad.

抗生素要麼只對某種細菌有效,要麼對多種細菌有效。

Sometimes, when you are sick, your health care provider knows exactly what bacteria is causing your sickness.

有時,你生病的時候,醫護人員知道引發疾病的是哪種細菌。

In times like this, a targeted antibiotic is prescribed.

這時,開的就是針對這種細菌的抗生素。

These types of antibiotics primarily kill the harmful bacteria causing your illness.

這些類型的抗生素主要殺滅引發疾病的有害細菌。

But sometimes your health care provider may not know exactly what is causing your illness.

但有時醫護人員可能不知道具體是什麼引發了疾病。

If your health care provider suspects it could be a bacterial infection, a broad antibiotic is prescribed.

如果醫護人員懷疑是細菌性感染,就會開針對多種細菌的抗生素(即廣譜抗生素)。

Broad antibiotics attack a wider range of bacteria in the hope of killing the harmful bacteria.

廣譜抗生素攻擊更多種類的細菌,希望殺滅有害細菌。

Unfortunately, whichever kind of antibiotic you receive, the good bacteria in our microbiome may be affected, but broad antibiotics usually affect more of our microbiome.

不幸的是,無論你使用哪種抗生素,我們微生物群系的有益細菌都會受影響,但廣譜抗生素通常影響微生物群系中更多的細菌。

Your health care providers’ goal is to always protect your microbiome as much as they can.

醫護人員的目標總是盡最大可能保護你的微生物群系。

I see. What can we do to ensure that we get the best antibiotics for us?

我明白了。我們能做什麼來確保自己得到最有效的抗生素呢?

To find the best antibiotic for you, it is important that your health care provider knows what you're allergic to and other medications you may be taking.

要找到最有效的抗生素,醫護人員需要了解你對什麼過敏和你吃什麼藥。

Allergies. Does that mean nausea, vomiting, diarrhea?

過敏。那是說噁心、嘔吐、拉肚子嗎?

Hold on there. The symptoms you're thinking of are actually some common expected side effects of taking antibiotics and are not considered allergic reactions.

等等。你說的這些症狀是使用抗生素的一些常見副作用,而不是過敏反應。

It is important to know what allergic reactions are and to tell your healthcare provider about them.

知道過敏反應是什麼,以及告訴醫護人員你有哪些反應很重要。

These include lip, throat, eye swelling; low blood pressure; skin rashes.

過敏反應包括嘴唇、喉嚨、眼睛紅腫,低血壓,出皮疹。

Is it that important to be so specific?

確切告知有那麼重要嗎?

Yes, there are different types of antibiotics.

是的,抗生素有不同的類型。

So mistakenly telling your health care provider about non-allergic symptoms limits your treatment options.

所以錯誤地將非過敏症狀告訴醫護人員會限制你的治療選項。

One last thing. You should also note that as a hospital patient taking antibiotics, you are susceptible to C. difficile Infection.

最後一點。你還應該注意,住院病人使用抗生素容易患上艱難梭菌感染。

C. difficile Infection is an illness that can occur in hospital institutions and in patients who are on or have had antibiotic treatment.

艱難梭菌感染是一種可能出現在醫院的疾病,也可能出現在正在使用或以前使用過抗生素的患者身上。

It is very serious. If you are experiencing symptoms of watery diarrhea and or abdominal or belly pain and possibly fever, you need to contact your healthcare provider immediately.

這種病非常嚴重。如果你有水樣腹瀉、肚子疼和發燒等症狀,你需要立即聯繫醫護人員。

It must be tough for healthcare providers to decide how best to prescribe antibiotics.

對於醫護人員來說,決定怎麼最有效地開抗生素肯定很困難吧。

Yes. Prescribing antibiotics is a careful balance between protecting your microbiome and helping you get better.

是的,開抗生素就是要在保護你的微生物群系和給你治病之間小心找到平衡。

Make sure you take them as prescribed.

一定要按醫囑使用抗生素。

I will. Thank you for looking out for my microbiome.

我會的。謝謝你照顧我的微生物群系。

If you’ve been prescribed antibiotics, here are some important questions that you should ask your healthcare provider.

如果醫生給你開了抗生素,你需要問醫生以下問題:

1. Why am I being prescribed an antibiotic?

為什麼要給我開抗生素?

2. How should I take my antibiotics and for how long?

我應該怎麼使用抗生素?使用多長時間?

3. How will I know if my antibiotics are working and what side effects should I watch for?

我怎麼知道抗生素起作用了?應該小心哪些副作用?

4. Do I need any tests, and when do I book my next visit?

我是否需要測試,下次什麼時候來?

I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

希望你趕緊好起來。保重。

雙語醫學常識_抗生素是什麼以及使用注意事項

詞彙與短語

1 . antibiotics,[,æntɪbaɪ'ɒtɪks],抗生素。

2 . bacterium,[bæk'tɪərɪəm],n. 細菌,單數,複數為bacteria [bækˈtɪəriə]。

3 . infection,[ɪnˈfekʃn],n. 感染;傳染。

4 . microbiome,人類微生物群系。

5 . side effect,副作用。

6 . allergic reaction,過敏反應。

7 . low blood pressure,低血壓。高血壓怎麼說?

8 . are susceptible to,易受……的。

Older people are more susceptible to infections. 老年人更容易受到感染。


分享到:


相關文章: