"persuade" 和"convince" 表示“說服,勸服”的區別

​The meanings are similar, and you can interchange them. However, in practice I would tend to use "persuade" when I wanted to influence someone's behavior, and I would tend to use "convince" when I wanted to influence someone's thoughts.意思是相似的,你可以交換它們。然而,在實踐中,表示想影響某人的行為時,我傾向於使用"persuade",當我想影響某人的思想時,我傾向於使用“convince”。

For example, "I want to convince him that I am right."例如,“我想讓他相信我是對的。

"I want to convince him about the dangers of global warming.” “我想讓他相信全球變暖的危險。”

"I want to persuade him to buy a Toyota instead of a Honda when he makes his next car purchase."“我想說服他下次買車時買一輛豐田而不是本田。”

"I want to persuade him to vote for my candidate (the candidate that I support).“我想說服他投我的候選人(我支持的候選人)的票。


When you're persuading, you're probably coming up with good arguments ahead of time and presenting them. 當你在"persuade"別人的時候,你很可能會提前提出好的論點並提出它們。

Examples:

I'm trying to persuade the principal to let the seniors go to Disneyland for Grad Night.我正試圖說服校長讓大四的學生去迪斯尼樂園度過畢業之夜。

We persuaded the city not to build a supermarket on the historic site.我們說服該市不要在這個歷史遺蹟上建超市。

My boss persuaded the other company to sign the contract.我老闆說服另一家公司簽了合同。


"convince" is more likely to be something you do more casually in the moment, with perhaps a little less thought."convince"可能是你此刻做的更偶然的事情,也許會少一些思考。

Examples:

Help me convince Charlie to see the movie with us.幫我說服查理和我們一起看電影。

I convinced my mom to let me stay out until midnight.我說服媽媽讓我在外面呆到午夜。

I have to convince her to try spicy food.我得說服她嚐嚐辣的。

He convinced her that pop music is pretty stupid.他使她相信流行音樂是相當愚蠢的。


分享到:


相關文章: