"persuade" 和"convince" 表示“说服,劝服”的区别

​The meanings are similar, and you can interchange them. However, in practice I would tend to use "persuade" when I wanted to influence someone's behavior, and I would tend to use "convince" when I wanted to influence someone's thoughts.意思是相似的,你可以交换它们。然而,在实践中,表示想影响某人的行为时,我倾向于使用"persuade",当我想影响某人的思想时,我倾向于使用“convince”。

For example, "I want to convince him that I am right."例如,“我想让他相信我是对的。

"I want to convince him about the dangers of global warming.” “我想让他相信全球变暖的危险。”

"I want to persuade him to buy a Toyota instead of a Honda when he makes his next car purchase."“我想说服他下次买车时买一辆丰田而不是本田。”

"I want to persuade him to vote for my candidate (the candidate that I support).“我想说服他投我的候选人(我支持的候选人)的票。


When you're persuading, you're probably coming up with good arguments ahead of time and presenting them. 当你在"persuade"别人的时候,你很可能会提前提出好的论点并提出它们。

Examples:

I'm trying to persuade the principal to let the seniors go to Disneyland for Grad Night.我正试图说服校长让大四的学生去迪斯尼乐园度过毕业之夜。

We persuaded the city not to build a supermarket on the historic site.我们说服该市不要在这个历史遗迹上建超市。

My boss persuaded the other company to sign the contract.我老板说服另一家公司签了合同。


"convince" is more likely to be something you do more casually in the moment, with perhaps a little less thought."convince"可能是你此刻做的更偶然的事情,也许会少一些思考。

Examples:

Help me convince Charlie to see the movie with us.帮我说服查理和我们一起看电影。

I convinced my mom to let me stay out until midnight.我说服妈妈让我在外面呆到午夜。

I have to convince her to try spicy food.我得说服她尝尝辣的。

He convinced her that pop music is pretty stupid.他使她相信流行音乐是相当愚蠢的。


分享到:


相關文章: