that's the spirit 字面意思是那就是所谓精神,换成我们通俗的话就是这才对嘛,就应该是这样
access to: 接近;进入;有权使用;通往…的道路;
"You know people who have access to pills?" (你还认识能搞到“药”的人啊?)----美剧《破产姐妹》
"No one else had access to that video." (没人看过那段视频)----美剧《新飞跃比弗利》
what's to tell? 字面意思是有什么可告诉的?其实是有什么可说的?有什么要说的?
I bet/I'll bet: used to say that you are fairly sure that something is true, something is happening etc, although you cannot prove this 我敢肯定,我敢保证
I bet you she won’t come. 我跟你打赌 她不会来的。----有道英语
"I'll bet you are a spy." (我敢保证你是个间谍)----《赤焰战场》
"I bet you it has hair! I bet you it's a girl." (我跟你赌宝宝有头发,我跟你赌是女儿)----《老友记》
flourish 美 [ˈflɜːrɪʃ]: to develop well and be successful 繁荣,兴旺,成功
"They tell me this place used to flourish." (我听说这个地方曾经很兴旺)----《康斯坦丁》
"If buyers can tell lemons and peaches apart, trade in both will flourish." (如果买方能够区分柠檬和桃子,两者的交易都会红火起来)----《经济学人》
That's all for today
April 16, 2018. XOXO
閱讀更多 老友記美語私塾 的文章