Tommy夜读美文:你我曾是最佳拍档


Tommy夜读美文:你我曾是最佳拍档

音频:

【佩戴耳机收听,效果更佳】


Tommy夜读美文:你我曾是最佳拍档

I found that record you'd been looking for. Yesterday.

找到了那张你寻而不得的唱片。就在昨天。

The one I'd been searching for forever

也是我曾寻而不得的

I played that record all night

整晚听着那张唱片

You were right. The last song will say it all

你是对的。最后的那首歌会告诉我一切。

Even though it skipped a bit. It sounded better.

就算它已有些缺损。却更加动听。

I never. I never.

我从未。从未。

I never knew the only way to listen to a record like that is to play it through

我从未明白只有这样听完整张唱片,才算真正倾听。

But all of this means nothing. Yeah, all of this means nothing

但这一切都失去了意义。是啊,这都失去意义。

Without you, I packed up the car and started to drive

当我无你陪伴,我重整了车,然后启动。

Without a plan, with no direction

没有计划,也没有方向。

You said it'd be good for me

你说过这样会对我有帮助

To break out of my daily routine

去突破那些常规

You were always trying to teach some lesson

你总那么喜爱说教

You wanted. You wanted.

你曾想。曾想。

You wanted me to feel the open road with the wind on my face

曾想让我去感受宽阔的道路,感受风吹拂脸庞

Well I'm here and I'm finally free

终于,我这么做了,感到自由

But all of this means nothing

但这一切都失去了意义

Yeah, all of this means nothing

是啊,这一切都失去意义

But all of this means nothing without you

但这一切都失去了意义,当我无你陪伴

You and I were partners in crime, petty thieves in the lineup

你和我曾是最佳拍档。

But somehow we wound up here

但不知为何,我们却因此受伤。

I'm looking at a letter that I wrote to you long ago

我正在看那封很久以前写给你的信

I wouldn't even know now where to send it

我现在甚至不知道该寄到哪里

It's funny how it all poured out on paper

真可笑,这些感情被宣泄在纸上

If only I had found a way to tell you

要是我能找到一个方式告诉你

If only, if only you had found a way to love me for who I am

要是,要是你能找到一个方式爱上真实的我。

The way that I loved you

就像我曾爱那个真实的你一样

But all of this means nothing

但这一切都失去了意义。

Yeah, all of this means nothing

是啊,这都失去意义。

Without, without, without you.

没有,没有,没有你在左右。

Tommy夜读美文:你我曾是最佳拍档


Tommy注释:

①looking for=searching for这两个词组都表示寻找。其中search后面可以直接跟名词,比如:I have been searching you for a while. 我已经找你很久了。

②play it through表示进行到底,在文章中表示(认真)倾听(全部听完)。

③with no direction=without direction都表示没有方向。

④means nothing表示失去了意义,那么意义深远用英语怎么说呢?没错,可以说:means a lot比如说:It means a lot to me. 那件事儿对我来说意义深远。

⑤pour out 动词词组,表示倾泻。比如:I poured my thoughts out on paper in an attempt to rationalize my feelings. 我将自己的想法倒出,写在纸上以求理顺情绪。

⑥open road翻译过来不是:打开的道路,而是:宽阔的道路。同时,如果你说一个人很open,那么这个人一定是一个open-minded的人,表示能接受新思想的、开明的,而不是“开放的”。


Tommy夜读美文:你我曾是最佳拍档


分享到:


相關文章: