You just didn’t want me running my mouth.你不想我到处乱说


1. Did you have a good time?玩得尽兴吗?

2.Yeah, I did. It was great.是的非常不错。

3.Look, I want you to know that I’m really sorry I talked to Julie. But she did promise me that she wasn’t going to say anything to her mom."

我想告诉你,我很抱歉我告诉了朱莉。但她向我保证她不会告诉她妈妈。

4."It’s okay. I handled Susan."

没关系. Susan那边我会处理。

handle: 处理

5. "Good."很好。

6."But we need to talk about these things that you think you remember. They’re not true."

但我们应该谈谈这些,你以为你记得的那些事,它们不是真的。

7. "How can they not be true?"

它们怎么可能不是真的?

8."Memories lie, Zach. You didn’t kill anyone. Dana is very much alive."

记忆也会说谎, Zach。你没有杀死任何人,Dana还好好地活着。

memory: 记忆 lie: 说谎 alive: 活着的

9.Are you okay? I know this is a lot to digest all at once."

你没事吧? 我知道你可能一下子接受不了。

digest: 吸收,接受

10. "I’m fine. I’m just happy you finally told me the truth. One thing though. Why are you telling me all this now?"

我很好,我只是很高兴你终于告诉我真相了。不过, 还有一件事 --为什么你现在告诉我?

11. "I couldn’t let you keep thinking that you killed someone. No one should carry that kind of burden."

我不想让你一直觉得你杀了某人。没有人应该承受这样的心理负担。

burden: 负担

12."Or you just didn’t want me running my mouth."

你不想我到处乱说

Run one’s mouth意思是to talk excessively or foolishly(说得太多,大嘴巴)。

13."That’s not what’s it’s about."

没那回事。

14. "Yes, it is. I won’t tell anyone. I’ll keep your secret. Dad."

就是那回事。我不会告诉任何人,我会保守秘密,爸爸。

15. "Thank you."

16. "But we’re not moving."

但我们不会搬家了。

17."That’s out of the question."

不可能

out of the question 不可能

out of question 没问题

18. "Well, I’m not leaving Julie, and if you want my support, that’s the deal."

我不想离开Julie,如果你想要我支持你, 这就是条件

。/那就这么定了

19. "And if I refuse?"

如果我拒绝呢?

20. "You won’t."

你不会的。