除夕夜和宝宝说的英文:熬夜、看烟花、举杯祝愿、睡懒觉怎么说?


◆ 新年前夜是叫New Year Eve吗?

◆ 你能想出哪些英文形容美丽的烟花?

◆ 有外国友人的饭桌上想说“我祝……”,怎么说?

本文主要描写了世界通用的新年前夜人们会做的事情,既适用于除夕夜,也适用于元旦前夜。更多春节习俗的相关文章,请点击链接查看:


New Year's Eve 除夕夜

新年前夜叫New Year's Eve,不叫New Year Eve,一定要有's。

Mom: It's a good thing I have the day off of work today and the following week.

妈妈:太好了,我今天和接下来一周都不上班

I need to rest up so I can stay up until midnight!

我得

多休息休息,这样就能熬夜到12点了!

Are you ready to stay up that late?

你准备熬到那么晚么?

You're not allowed to do that often.

平时都不允许你这样哦。

Child: Yes! I am so excited.

宝宝:嗯!我太兴奋了。

How are we going to stay busy until midnight?

咱们干点什么能坚持到半夜呢?


That's a long time to stay up.

要熬好长时间呢。

Mom: Well, the city is putting on a fireworks show,

妈妈:嗯,咱们市要举办一场烟花表演

so we can go see that.

我们可以去看看。


I know one of the people who put the show together.

我认识一个烟花表演的组织者。

He said it's going to be impressive!

他说会特别棒

Child: Yeah, the fireworks are always cool,

宝宝:嗯,烟花一向特别棒

but what about the dog?

但是狗狗怎么办?

Bella always hides under the couch when she hears fireworks.

贝拉听到烟花的声音总会躲到沙发下面。

Mom: Well, we will leave her here with her favorite blanket.

妈妈:嗯,咱们把她留在这儿,呆在她最喜欢的毯子上。


The fireworks will be a few miles away,

烟花在几英里之外呢,

and the city doesn't allow citizens to set off fireworks in the city limits,

而且咱们市不允许市民在市内放烟花


so she shouldn't hear very much of them.

所以她应该听不见什么。

Child: Okay. Will we also be watching the Spring Festival Gala Evening show?

宝宝:好吧。咱们是不是还要看春晚


Mom: Yes, I will make sure to have it on the right channel.

妈妈:嗯,我会调对频道的。

Child: Are Grandma and Grandpa staying up late?

宝宝:爷爷奶奶会熬夜吗?

Mom: Yeah! Grandma and Grandpa like to ring in the new year, too, you know!

妈妈:会的!爷爷奶奶也要迎接新年呀,对吧!

Daddy is going to come home a little early from work today,

爸爸今天会稍微早点下班回家

and he wants you to help decorate a little.

而且他想让你帮忙布置一下。

Child: Okay!

宝宝:好啊!

Mom: We can even make a toast to the new year!

妈妈:咱们还可以举杯说出新年祝愿


What do you think you'd like to toast to?

你想举杯祝愿些什么呢?

Child: Hmmm … maybe just a good year.

宝宝:嗯......就祝愿有美好的一年吧。

(There's a knock at the door.)

(传来敲门声。)

That's probably Grandma and Grandpa!

可能是爷爷奶奶!

I'll go get the door.

我去开门


Mom: That's a great idea.

妈妈:太好了。

Thank you.

谢谢你。

New Year's Day 新年第一天

(Mom knocks on child's door)

(妈妈敲宝宝的门)

Mom: Happy New Year, sleepyhead!

妈妈:新年快乐,小瞌睡虫

It's almost 10 o'clock,

快十点了,

so you definitely got to sleep in from last night.

看来你从昨晚到现在睡了个大懒觉


Do you want to help me make some traditional New Year's dishes for lunch?

你想不想帮我做一些传统的新年食品中午吃?

(Child yawns)

(宝宝打哈欠)

Child: What are they?

宝宝:是什么呀?

Mom: Dumplings.

妈妈:饺子


Child: We'd better eat lots!

宝宝:我们最好多吃点儿

Mom: For sure.

妈妈:当然。

Go ahead and get dressed, wash your face and hands, and brush your teeth.

去穿衣服、洗脸洗手、刷牙。

When you're all ready,

都弄完之后,

you can stir the filling while I prepare the dough.

你来拌馅儿,我来和面


Child: I really liked the fireworks last night.

宝宝:我很喜欢昨晚的烟花。

Some of them reminded me of flowers and butterflies.

有些让我想到

蝴蝶

Mom: Yes, they look so delicate, bright, and beautiful when they are so far away.

妈妈:是啊,远远看过去,它们真的好精致、好耀眼、好美丽

Let's get to work to start our promising new year!

咱们赶快行动起来,开始充满希望的一年吧!