BBC动画职场 43 做消费者调查


Hello again.

又见面了。

Last time on English at Work, we heard Anna leaving Tom crying into his cold pizza.

上次在“职场英语”中,我们听到安娜留下伤心的汤姆和他冷掉的披萨。

He may not have had the evening he was expecting, but for Anna it was a huge success.

他可能没有度过一个预期的夜晚,但对安娜来说却是成功的一晚。

She came up with an idea for a new plastic vegetable and now she needs to pitch it to Paul, the boss.

她想到了一个新型塑料蔬菜的点子,现在她要去说服老板保罗。

… so I think I'll go for the blue, Marge, it matches my eyes… well almost…

我想我会选蓝色,玛吉,更配我眼睛的颜色。

Morning Denise!

早上好,丹尼斯!

Oh, hello Anna.

你好,安娜。

… yes, Anna, bright girl, what she sees in Tom I'll never know… what? !

是的,安娜,那个聪明的女孩,真不知道她到底看上汤姆什么了……什么?!

. . . ha, ha, I'm sure you would…

我肯定你会的……

Oh hi Tom. You're in early.

你好,汤姆,你来的很早。

Uh? Oh yeah, couldn't sleep after you'd left.

是的,你走后我就睡不着了。

Tom, it was a fantastic night – unforgettable in fact.

汤姆,真是美妙的一晚,事实上,太难忘了。

Thanks so much.

太感谢了。

Did you hear that Marge?

你听到了吗,玛吉?

She said it was 'unforgettable'!

她说了难以忘怀的!

Looks like they're getting very serious…

看起来他们是认真的。

You're such a gossip, Denise.

丹尼斯,你真是八卦。

The only thing Anna is serious about is her new idea.

安娜唯一认真的就是她的新计划。

How's it going Anna?

怎么样,安娜?

I'm really excited about launching a new product, although Tom doesn't seem so keen.

我对发行新产品感到很兴奋,尽管汤姆并不是很上心。

Don't worry about him.

别担心他。

You need to concentrate on convincing Paul that your new idea will bring in the business.

你要集中精力说服保罗,你的新想法可以带来生意。

But how?

但怎么做呢?

You need to pitch the idea to him but before that, you need to do some research.

你要向他推销你的点子,但在这之前你得做一些调查。

Yes, of course – research – but how do I do that?

是的,当然要做调查,但我要怎么做呢?

Check out the competition, work out some costs and find out what new product people would really like to see.

查看对手,计算出成本,看看人们喜欢什么样的新产品。

Why not do a customer survey? !

为什么不做一下消费者调查?

A customer survey. Right.

消费者调查,对。

But what should I ask?

但我该问什么呢?

Say: 'Could I ask for your opinion on a new product we are hoping to develop? '

比如说:“关于我们要开发的新产品,我可以问您点意见吗?”

'What plastic products do you currently use? '

你们目前用的是什么塑料产品?

'What products would you like us to make in the future? '

您希望我们未来可以为您制作出什么样的产品?

'How do you feel about the idea of selling plastic vegetables? '

对于卖塑料蔬菜的想法,您怎么看?

'Any particular vegetable you would like to see? '

您想看到什么特殊的蔬菜吗?

OK, so it's like a questionnaire.

好的,就像问卷调查。

I need to do some cold calling again!

我又要打一些无约电话了!

Good luck!

祝你好运!

I think I'm going to need some help with this.

我想我需要一些帮助。

Tom, Denise, have you got time to help me… please?

汤姆,丹尼斯,你们有时间帮我一下吗?拜托。

Of course Anna.

当然了,安娜。

Yeah, well it's a bit tricky with my… ouch… sprained arm.

好的,对于我扭伤的手臂有点困难。

But go on. As it's you.

但是因为是你就没关系。

Thanks.

谢谢。

We need to call up some companies and find out how interested they would be in buying plastic vegetables.

我们要给一些公司打电话,看看他们对购买塑料蔬菜有什么兴趣。

Oh lovely. I love talking to people on the phone.

太好了。我最喜欢打电话。

You certainly do Denise!

你肯定是这样的,丹尼斯。

Good Denise.

很好,丹尼斯。

If you work your way through our business directory, call our existing customers and ask these questions.

如果查看我们的企业名单的话,给现有客户打电话并问这些问题。

I'll get onto it straight away.

我马上就办。

Great, and Tom, could you help me by cold calling some new businesses?

太好了,汤姆,你能帮我给一些新公司打访问电话吗?

Oh yeah sure. I've got loads of contacts.

当然。我有很多联络关系。

. . . . . .

I suppose I had better make some calls too.

我想我最好也打几个电话。

Hmm, let's try this one.

试试这个吧。

7-4-3-9-1-0-0

7-4-3-9-1-0-0

Hello. Plastic Purr-fection. Can I help you?

您好,Plastic Purr-fection公司,我能为您做什么?

Oh hi. I'm Anna from Tip Top Trading, we make and sell plastic fruits.

你好,我是Tip Top Trading的安娜,我们是制作销售塑料水果的公司。

I'm trying some to get some opinions on a new product we're trying to develop.

我们想对开发的新产品了解一些您的看法。

Can you spare a few minutes to help me?

您有时间帮我吗?

Well I'm quite busy at the moment but I'll try and help.

我这时有点忙,但我可以帮忙。

Thank you.

谢谢。

I'll be as quick as I can.

我会尽快。

Firstly, what plastic products do you use at the moment?

首先,您现在用的是什么塑料产品?

All sorts – plastic balls, plastic fish, plastic mice…

各种各样的,塑料球,塑料鱼,塑料老鼠……

Plastic mice? ! Oh, I see.

塑料老鼠?我知道了。

And… errr… what sort of things would you like us to sell… in the future?

您希望我们以后卖什么产品呢?

Let's think… erm … more squeaky toys.

让我想想,更多吱吱叫的玩具。

Squeaky toys? ! What about plastic vegetables?

吱吱叫的玩具?塑料蔬菜怎么样呢?

Do they squeak?

它们会吱吱叫吗?

Err, not really.

不会。

I think there might be some confusion here.

我认为这里有点误会。

Do you use plastic fruits in restaurants and shops?

你们在餐厅和商店里使用塑料水果吗?

No. We just sell plastic toys… for cats, hence the name 'plastic purr-fection'.

不,我们卖给猫咪玩的塑料玩具,因此公司叫plastic purr-fection。

Oh I see, ha, ha.

我懂了。

A good name, but, I'm sorry you're not really the business I was looking for.

好名字,但抱歉,您不是我们寻找合作的企业。

Thanks for your time anyway. Bye.

总之谢谢您的宝贵时间,再见。

Bye. Get down Tiddles!

再见。下来,Tiddles!

Uh-oh Anna. It's a good idea to check exactly what type of business you are calling before carrying out your survey.

安娜,最好在调查前先查清是什么样的公司。

Better luck next time!

祝你下次好运!

If you're doing some research and want to get the opinions of your customers, here's a reminder of the questions you could ask.

如果你要做调查征求客户的意见,这里有一些可以问的问题。

Could I ask for your opinion on a new product we are hoping to develop?

关于我们要开发的新产品,我可以问您点意见吗?

What plastic products do you currently use?

你们目前用的是什么塑料产品?

What products would you like to see us sell in the future?

您希望我们未来可以为您出售什么样的产品?

How do you feel about the idea of selling plastic vegetables?

您觉得卖塑料蔬菜的主意怎么样?

Any particular vegetable you would like to see?

你希望看到什么特殊的蔬菜吗?

. . . . . .

Let's find out how the team is getting on.

看看这个团队的进展如何。

That was fun.

很有意思。

I called 10 companies, asked them your questions – one man asked me out for dinner – anyway, I've created a database and put all the information there.

我给10个公司打电话询问了你的那些问题,其中一个男的还邀请我共进晚餐,总之,我建了一个数据库,把信息都写在里面了。

Well I've called 20 companies and they all say plastic vegetables would be a great addition to their range… especially aubergines!

我给20个公司打了电话,他们都觉得塑料蔬菜是很好的附加产品,尤其是茄子!

Great. Well, I had some success too so I'll put all the results in that database.

太好了,我也打成了几通电话,我会把所有结果都写在数据库里。

Thanks everyone.

谢谢大家。

Oh no… what's happened?

不,出什么事了?

Denise! Denise!

丹尼斯,丹尼斯!

Everything's disappeared off the computer!

电脑里的东西都没了!

Hey, my computer's gone blank.

我的电脑也是一片空白。

We've lost all our documents!

我们所有的资料都没了!

Oh no a computer crash!

不,电脑死机了!

Has Tip Top Trading lost all its valuable information?

Tip Top Trading里有价值的信息都丢了吗?

Find out next time in English at Work. Bye!

下次在“职场英语”里一探究竟吧,再见!


分享到:


相關文章: