You are far out of your league你太不自量力

口语学习:

1.Cyrus, you're so sweet."

塞勒斯,你最真甜。

2.I was wondering if maybe I could, uh, take you out to dinner sometime."

我在想,有没有可能,有幸找个时间请你吃饭。

3.Oh honey, you are so far out of your league that you are playing a completely different sport."

亲爱的,你未免有点太不自量力了,咱俩可不是一个段位的。

4.I cannot believe you are still coming onto him."

真不敢相信你还粘着你他。



Mary Alice Voiceover:"Edie Britt's favorite moment of every day was her arrival at the construction site of her new home, because she knew what was about to happen. Her sudden appearance was always sure to generate a few appreciative glances, a few lascivious looks, and some downright ogling. Sadly for Edie, the one man she wanted most to notice her..."

伊迪.布利特每天最爱的时刻是她每天亲自去新房工地的时候,因为她知道会发生什么事。她的飘然而至总会引来些许赞赏的目光,些许挑逗的目光,和些许明目张胆的乱送秋波。可怜的伊迪,那个她最想得到的人...

generate vt. 使形成;发生

appreciative adj. 感激的;有欣赏力的;表示赞赏的

lascivious adj.好色的;淫荡的;挑逗性的

downright adj.彻底的;明白的;率直的

ogle v.(向…)抛媚眼,送秋波,脉脉含情地看


Mary Alice Voiceover:"...paid her no attention at all. Yes, Edie needed attention to feel good about herself and she was determined to get it."

压根就没留意她。没错,伊迪需要关注来实现自我满足,所以她决定主动出击。

Cyrus: "Ms. Britt, you look extra beautiful today."

布利特小姐,你今天看起来真是太漂亮了。

Edie: "Oh, Cyrus, you're so sweet."

塞勒斯,你最真甜。


Cyrus: "So anyhow, I, I was wondering if maybe I could, uh, take you out to dinner sometime."

所以,我在想,有没有可能,有幸找个时间请你吃饭。

Edie: "Oh honey, you are so far out of your league that you are playing a completely different sport."

亲爱的,你未免有点太不自量力了,咱俩可不是一个段位的。

out of sb's league(俚语网)

league:n.(体育运动队的) 联合会,联赛; (质量、能力等的) 等级,级别,水平; 联盟; 同盟

1.不在某人管辖之内的

The matter’s fortunately out of my league.幸亏这件事不归我管。

2.sb be out of sb's league(主语和后面one's人称不一致)

与某人不属同一类型的

He was so sophisticated,just someone way out of her league.

他是那么老于世故,跟她完全是两路人。

She will never love you;she is way out of your league.他不可能爱上你的,她和你完全是两路。

3.sb be out of sb's league(主语和one's前后人称一致):

指主语太不自量力,

You are so far out of your league. 你太不自量力了。(说难听点:癞蛤蟆想吃天鹅肉,痴心妄想)


Edie: "Hey, there."

你好啊

Mike: "Hi, Edie. What's up?"

伊迪,什么事?

Edie: "Nice ensemble, you busy?"

好行头。忙吗?

ensemble [ɑn'sɑmbl] n. 全体;总效果;全套服装;全套家具;合奏组

Mike: "No, not really."

不太忙。

Edie: "Oh good, I bought a bunch of fresh donuts for my construction workers and as you can see, I bought a few too many, so I thought maybe you and I could -

那刚好,我给工人们买了些甜甜圈,你也看到了,我买多了,所以我想你可以和我......

Edie: "Susan!"

Susan: "Hey there, Edie."

Edie: "What are you -"

你怎么在......

Susan: "Mike and I got back together."

麦克和我和好了。

Edie: "Super."

真棒。

Susan: "I knew you'd be happy for us. So what's going on?"

我就知道你会为我们高兴的。什么事?

Mike: "Uh, Edie was just about to -"

伊迪打算......

Edie: "Free donuts. Want 'em or not?"

免费甜甜圈,要不要?

Susan: "How sweet, thanks. Why don't you go put these on a plate? Oh, and save me one with sprinkles."

你真好谢啦。去把它们装盘吧。给我留一个撒糖粉的。

Susan: "

I cannot believe you are still coming onto him."

真不敢相信你还粘着你他。

Edie: "You said you two were finished. You thought he was a murderer."

你说你们两个完了。你觉得他是个凶手。

Susan: "And that was your cue to come over and flirt? You wasted your time and your doughnuts."

那就是暗示你过来勾引他?你在浪费你的时间和甜甜圈。

Edie: "Not if you choke on them."

别噎着。

Mike: "Well, thanks Edie. The doughnuts look great."

谢谢,伊迪,甜甜圈很不错。

Edie: "Pleasure. See ya."

不客气,回见。

Susan: " I'm gonna run home and get some milk to go with those donuts."

我要回家拿点牛奶配甜甜圈。

Mike: "Hey, you know it's, it's a shame you've got to keep running back and forth."

你这样一直跑来跑去多不好。

Susan: "Well, I can't have donuts and juice. It's unnatural."

我不能拿果汁配甜甜圈,吃起来多别扭。

Mike: "No, I mean we should move in together. Come on, what do you say?"

我是说我们应该办到一起住。你说呢?

Susan: "Um, I say, oh! Hold that thought. Edie, Edie stop! Stop! Hang on."

我说哇瑟。等等,伊迪等等。停下。

Edie: "What now?"

干什么?

Susan: "Oh, I was just rude back there ,gloating and everything and I apologize."

我刚才无礼自大又幸灾乐祸。我道歉。

Edie: "Well, thank you, Susan. That's very big of you."

谢谢你,苏珊,你肚量真大。

Susan: "And on a completely unrelated topic, Mike and I are moving in together. See ya."

再说个题外话,麦克和我要搬到一起住了,回见。

Mary Alice Voiceover:"Yes, Edie Britt needed the attention of men to feel good about herself."

是的,伊迪.布利特需要男人的关注来实现自我满足。

Edie: "Hey, Cyrus. You have lunch plans?"

塞勒斯,午餐有安排吗?

Cyrus: "No."没有。

Mary Alice Voiceover:"And even she was amazed at how far she was willing to go to get it."

然而既使是她自己也惊讶于对自己的接受能力。

Edie: "Ellsberg Hotel. Half an hour. Welcome to the majors.

半个小时后,艾尔斯伯格酒店见。好戏开始。


分享到:


相關文章: