I hope you'll leave my family alone 我希望你還我一個清靜的家


I hope you'll leave my family alone 我希望你還我一個清靜的家


Susan: Uh! (she's startled.)

Paul: Hello Susan.

Susan: Paul, hi.


Paul: I understand you and Edie went snooping through my house.

我知道你和伊迪在我家鬼鬼祟祟做了什麼。

snoop

.窺探者;到處窺視

vi.窺探;打聽


Susan: Huh? (acts dumb)

Paul: It's okay, I'm not mad. So what do you want to know about Angela?

沒關係,我沒生氣。你想了解安吉拉的哪些方面?


Paul: It was Mary Alice's birth name, she was named after her aunt Angela. When she was a teenager, they had a falling-out, so she changed her name to Mary Alice. This was before we were married, so sorry if I'm hazy on the details.

那是瑪麗.愛麗絲的本名,這名字來自她的阿姨安吉拉,當她十幾歲時 和她阿姨鬧翻了,因此把名字改為瑪麗.愛麗絲

falling-out n. 失和;鬧翻;

Susan: That's it? That's the explanation? (not quite believing what she's hearing)

就這樣,這就是你的解釋?

Paul: Ridiculously simple, isn't it?

簡單得讓然難以置信,是吧?

Susan: She changed her name because she got in a fight with her aunt? Paul,it just doesn't seem like something Mary Alice would do.

僅僅因為和她阿姨鬧翻就改了名字,保羅,這可不像瑪麗.艾莉絲的做事風格啊。

Paul: Neither does suicide, but we both know she did it. So can we finally put this behind us, or do you need to break into my home for anything else?

自殺也不像啊,但我們都知道她的確這麼做了。所以我們能不計往事了嗎?或者你還想進我家搜點倍的資料?

Susan: No. I'm good, thanks.

不會了。我瞭解了,謝謝。

(gets up to leave)

Susan: Though, if you wouldn't mind, I'm really like to see that video tape I found, the one marked "Angela". It'd be nice to see Mary Alice when she was young.

如果你不介意的話,我想看看我找到那盒錄像帶,上面寫著安吉拉的。能看看安吉拉年輕時的樣子也不錯。

Paul: I'm afraid that box of tapes was thrown out with the trash.

很抱歉,我把那盒錄像帶和垃圾一起扔了。

Susan: (knows she's caught him out) Ok,then.

那就算了。

Paul: Susan, I'm serious when I say I hope you'll leave my family alone now. This endless suspicion of yours is becoming very tiring.

蘇珊,我真心希望你能還我一個清靜的家,你的無休止的好奇心讓我疲於應付。

leave ... alone.讓獨自待著,不打擾

Susan:Yeah.I couldn't agree more.

好的。樂意之至。

I couldn't agree more. (英文中否定意義單詞和比較級連用表是肯定的最高級的意思0

字面:我不能同意更多,意思是完全贊成


分享到:


相關文章: