職場英語|挑剔的老闆


職場英語|挑剔的老闆

A:Anne R:Ryan

A: Why are you here so early, Ryan? When did you get here?

小安:萊恩,你怎麼這麼早就在這裡了?你什麼時候來的?

R: I’ve been here for nearly an hour. I had to get a head start on this big project.

萊恩:我已經來幾乎一個小時了。我得提早著手進行這項大計劃。

A: I thought you just finished your big project last week. Are you working on another one already?

小安:我以為你上週才剛完成你的大計劃。你已經在進行另一項計劃了嗎?

R: No, it’s the same project. Mike wasn’t satisfied with how it turned out and gave me a bunch of changes to make.

萊恩:不,這是同一個計劃。邁克對於最後的結果不滿意,還要我改一大堆東西。

職場英語|挑剔的老闆

A: Well, that’s frustrating! You spent so

much time working overtime just to get it done ahead of schedule.

小安:嗯,那真令人沮喪!你花了這麼多時間就為了提前完成它。

R: Yeah, it kind of feels like all that was for nothing. I was really not pleased when Mike emailed me over the weekend about these changes.

萊恩:是啊,這有點感覺就像是那些心血都白費了。邁克週末發郵件給我告訴我這些要改的東西時,我真的很不開心。

A: Wow, really? I’d be so upset, too.

小安:哇,真的嗎?我一定也會超生氣的。

職場英語|挑剔的老闆

R: It really spoiled my mood yesterday because I could only think about everything I had to do this week. It’s a lot of pressure.

萊恩:這真的毀了我昨天的心情,因為我滿腦子只想著這周要做的事情。這真的讓我壓力很大。

A: Why is he being so picky about your work all of a sudden?

小安:為什麼他對你的工作突然這麼挑剔?

R: I guess it’s because the chairman is

coming in a few weeks. Mike wants everything to be perfect.

萊恩:我想是因為董事長過幾周就要回來了。邁克想要一切都很完美。

職場英語|挑剔的老闆

A: That would make sense. Well, sorry to hear you’re going to be tied up and stressed this week. I hope you can manage.

小安:那樣就合理了。嗯,很遺憾聽到你這週會很忙碌而且壓力很大。我希望你能想辦法應付。

R: I’m going to do my best. I can’t afford to mess this up.

萊恩:我會盡力的。把這件事搞砸了我可承擔不起。

職場英語|挑剔的老闆


Notes

get a head start on 提早著手進行

be satisfied with 對……感到滿意

a bunch of 一堆

work overtime 加班

ahead of schedule 超前進度

for nothing 徒然,白費;免費

spoil vt.破壞,搞砸

all of a sudden 突然間

be tied up 忙得不可開交


分享到:


相關文章: