看美劇學口語:out of nowhere 莫名其妙的出現; 不知打哪兒來

Bree 引火燒身,藥劑師愛而不得采取報復行動。 她老公心臟病的藥在藥劑師那給偷樑換柱了。


看美劇學口語:out of nowhere  莫名其妙的出現; 不知打哪兒來



Mary Alice Voiceover: Spring comes every year to wisteria lane. It's the time when flowers start to bloom. When butterflies emerge from their cocoons. When bees begin to search for nectar.

春天每年都如約來到紫藤郡。花兒含苞欲放蝴蝶破繭而出,蜜蜂忙著採花蜜。

Mary Alice Voiceover: Spring is also the time when a young man's fancy turns to obsession.

春天也是一個年輕男人的夢想破滅的時候

fancy n.喜愛;幻想;想像力

obsession [əb'sɛʃ(ə)n] n. 痴迷;困擾;[內科][心理] 強迫觀念

George: Hello there.

你好。

Bree: (shocked to see him) Oh, my heavenly days. Rex, look, it's George.

真巧啊。雷克斯,是喬治。

heavenly 美好的、天國似的

heavenly days 用來表達驚喜意外、憤怒、沮喪、惱怒等。

Oh, heavenly days! I haven't seen you in years!

Heavenly days, would you let me finish my story?

George:It's great to see you Bree,Rex.

很高興見到你,布里、雷克斯。

Rex: George.

George: (to Rex) So how's your health?

你身體怎麼樣?

Rex: Not good, and my cardiologist

is an idiot.

不太好,我的醫生是個白痴。

cardiologist [ˌkɑːrdiˈɑːlədʒɪst] n.心臟病醫生; 心臟病學家

Bree: The doctor upped his dosage twice and it's still not helping.

醫生把劑量增加了兩倍可是還是沒效果。

George: I'm sure it will all work itself out. You know, it's funny running into you both. I happen to have extra tickets to a bonsai exposition in Mount Pleasant Friday night. Would you like to go?

我想會起作用的(藥劑師話中有話,他把布里丈夫心臟病藥給換掉,吃了會慢慢心臟衰竭而死,達到殺人不見血的目的)。見到你們兩個真好。我剛好有周五晚上的芒特普萊森特盆栽展覽會的門票。你們想去嗎?

happen to 碰巧

bonsa ['bɑnsaɪ] n. 盆栽

exposition[ˌekspəˈzɪʃn]

n.(理論、計劃等的) 解釋,說明,闡述; (產品的) 展銷; 商品交易會; 產品博覽會;

Bree: (accepts straight away) I would love to. Rex?

當然了,雷克斯?

Rex: A whole evening of bonsai trees?Wouldn't it be easier to just shoot me?

一晚上對著盆栽還不如直接給我一槍呢。

George: (straight faced) Probably.說得也是。

Bree: Well, why don't we just go by ourselves then?

那不如我們兩個去吧?

Rex: Uh, actually Bree we have that thing Friday night.

其實,布里我們週五晚上又安排

Bree: What thing? We don't have a thing.

什麼事?我們沒安排啊。

George: Actually, I think what your husband is trying to say is that he doesn't want you going out with me.

我想你丈夫可能是不想讓你和我一起出去

Bree: Rex, are you still jealous?

雷克斯,你還在嫉妒?

Rex: No.沒有。

Bree: It's true that we dated during the separation, but George and I are just friends now, aren't we?

分居時我們是約會過,但現在我們兩個只是普通朋友,對嗎?

George: Strictly platonic. But if you feel threatened?

絕對的柏拉圖式(精神戀愛)。但如果你感覺到有什麼威脅的話

platonic adj. 理想的;柏拉圖哲學的;不切實際的;純精神友誼的

Rex: I don't feel threatened. (obviously lying)

我沒覺得有威脅。

Bree: Good, then it's a date.

那就好,說定了。

George: So are you going to make a purchase today?

你們兩個今天要東西嗎?

Bree: Do you know, I've finally convinced Rex to buy his first orchid.

我終於說服勒克斯買下了他得第一支蘭花

George: Make sure you study up. I hate people who own precious flowers and don't know how to take proper care of them.

好好學習吧。我討厭那些好花在手卻不懂得好好珍惜的人。

Rex: You know what I hate? Weeds. They just pop up out of nowhere and you have to work so hard to get rid of them.

你知道我討厭什麼嗎? 雜草。它們突然冒出來,你得廢老大勁才能除掉。

out of nowhere 突然出現; 莫名其妙的出現; 不知打哪兒來

George: I find that with the right chemicals you can almost get rid of anything. (to Bree) See you Friday.

我發現只要有

合適得藥物,你幾乎可以除掉任何東西。週五見。


分享到:


相關文章: